First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 45,376 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Notice the captain has no hat at first than he does..then he does not...

Deuterium

I would say that the the term "clip" is a bit misleading, if we are going by the traditional usage in the industry...which is a short, continuous unedited sequence taken from the final film.  This is more of a "montage" of scenes involving the Prometheus entering the atmosphere, and landing sequence.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on May 14, 2012, 04:26:56 PM
Re: the reaction of the Nostromo crew, those guys were just going through the professional motions. Nothing remarkable about space travel or flight or landing to them. The Prometheus crew are pioneers; they're excited, giddy, etc. The bad thing about the clip is its editing, which is jarring, and that, well, personally I like to go into a film 'clean'. I thought the trailers were enough as it is. The bloody temptation of these clips ...

The editing is pretty shoddy in that clip.  At one point, it jumps from a baseball cap wearing Janek and in the next shot, he is apparently baseballcap-less.

Quote from: Alexx on May 14, 2012, 04:32:55 PM

Aah, somebody else noticed. lol

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Bad editing but beautiful images.

JonesTheCat

It sure is badly edited - lousy continuity too. I just hope that it's not like that in the actial film!

Virgil

Virgil

This clip was absolutely pointless. A terribly condensed mess which begs the question why even bother? The film's out in under three weeks  :-\

The marketing team were doing a pretty tidy job up until the beginning of May, now it's rapidly going downhill.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 14, 2012, 04:59:12 PM
The marketing team were doing a pretty tidy job up until the beginning of May, now it's rapidly going downhill.
True.

theiss2003

Quote from: Alexx on May 14, 2012, 04:32:55 PM

No bad continuity here: Notice that when he's going to the control panel, you can see his hat laying on the panel. So he puts it on there and only wears it for a short time. Right before they touch down, there's nobody at the front panel anymore. Seems he's operating from there only during the atmosphere entry scene.

mastermoon

Wow everyone is acting like this short clip is the real thing.

This happens way too much on the internet.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 14, 2012, 04:06:09 PM
I hope that's not the full clip of the landing. Not enough 'meat' to it. If it is, I can't help but feel they are just rushing us down to the planet.

I'd prefer a longer descent with more mystery.

Just sayin. Wonderful visuals and atmosphere!

HA "Just like Earth." *cocky legs up on desk.* *shifts eyes to Cvalda* teehee.  :laugh:
No there is no way it is going to be like that in the movie. That would be a terrible editing job. I mean, it is fairly obvious there is a lot of discontinuity there, as in when Holloway talks to the Cpt. and how the descent is missing about half of the time of descent.

Anyways - great clip! I can't wait!

ThisBethesdaSea

Yeah....that's more a hybrid clip. I didn't really like the dialogue either, or its delivery....

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 14, 2012, 05:31:55 PM
Yeah....that's more a hybrid clip. I didn't really like the dialogue either, or its delivery....
*GASP* Bethesda, is that a misgiving on your part about something concerning this film? ??? :laugh:

Qwertify

Qwertify

Even if the landing was 5 minutes long - could they just not give us the whole five minutes? I mean seriously - what is it going to ruin? Is the movie that bad that a simple scene would detract people from going to see it?

Eva

Eva

Lol... people need to relax a bit... thanx for the clip...

I'm shocked that only one poster noticed that we might just have heard the first snippet from the score, considering how big a deal it's been around here  ;)

mastermoon

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on May 14, 2012, 04:23:40 PM
to be honest, i wasn't fond of this clip, it felt very 'star wars' to me, the visuals, everything really. i mean the new star wars trilogy too.

i didnt feel the sense of 'realism' in it, in ALIEN it seems kinda objective and documentary in its 'view' that we see it through.

we didnt have cute lines like 'just like home' in alien, or dallas saying 'this is the captain' or dallas saying 'nostromo has landed.

i know the crew in this film is different and they havent flown out together before, and they aren't a team that is familiar in that respect, so that can be considered, but even then, i don't know.

i'll enjoy this film, but hoping for something as enjoyable and appreciable as alien is unhealthy for me, and i should do my best to avoid it so i can enjoy this more fairly.

Look up there. (points to video) Now, do you see the words "Real Full Scene" anywhere on that video?.

Try using a magnifying glass. See it now?.

Well that's because it's not the complete scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed