NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,961 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2022, 02:15:58 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 04, 2022, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 03, 2022, 02:30:47 PMYou know what's a pretty big missed opportunity? Dutch 2025. We have a shit ton of Hunting Grounds characters and Dutch being back was pretty big for the franchise. No toy. You could even do "saber" (assuming the name of the mask is the same as the Predator) doing a Hunting Grounds Predator, or even doing an original design which the game could've used. And further doing something like a two-pack with Cleopatra.

As far as dogs I feel like I'm going to have to model and print one. I really hate I have to go customs for something like this.

Not making anything from Hunting Grounds was a mistake. So many great designs.

Agreed. There was so much material for NECA in that game, same as the other games. They really do seem to have just wound down with Predator. I know much of it must be the lawsuit being to blame, but it still smarts and feels like dropped balls.

I suspect it might be less about the lawsuit, and more about sculpts and budget.

Hunting Grounds has awesome designs no doubt, but the different Predators all had different body shapes. NECA would need to have created new sculpts for each one. I'll bet they didn't want to.

Mike’s Monsters

The lawsuit had a big play into why they didn't push forward. And then it put a big bump in the road that they've never really got around. From the rumblings I've heard, the lawsuit is what put them on hold, and they couldn't develop more until a certain point. By that time, the game had come and gone.

We would likely have had a few more figures like the Alpha Predator DLC figure, but then things played out the way they did. I was told Feral will be their last Predator all together, but we will see how that plays out.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Crossing my fingers for a handful more Fireteam Elite figures then before it ends.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 07, 2022, 07:48:55 PMThe lawsuit had a big play into why they didn't push forward. And then it put a big bump in the road that they've never really got around. From the rumblings I've heard, the lawsuit is what put them on hold, and they couldn't develop more until a certain point. By that time, the game had come and gone.

We would likely have had a few more figures like the Alpha Predator DLC figure, but then things played out the way they did. I was told Feral will be their last Predator all together, but we will see how that plays out.

I honestly believe that. Now to see how long it would take for some other company to snatch up the license. If it hasn't already happened behind close doors yet that is.

Anyway, that's pretty unfortunate the lawsuit really did nuke any chances of HG figures...still though...despite the fact the game had come and gone, I think there would still be enough cause to make them. They're great designs. Why should it matter what the game's status is? AVPR is universally loathed, but we all still cry for Wolf.

Oh f**k...if Feral is the last then...Wolf really is never releasing. What a damn waste.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Lastly I have been getting hiya toys aliens and predators, The qc isn't always that great and they can break easily but there cheaper and take up les space on my shelf plus they are the same scale as Star wars, gi joe, spinmasters Batman and jurassic world.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: bobcunk on Nov 07, 2022, 09:07:37 PMLastly I have been getting hiya toys aliens and predators, The qc isn't always that great and they can break easily but there cheaper and take up les space on my shelf plus they are the same scale as Star wars, gi joe, spinmasters Batman and jurassic world.

Hiya Toys is moving into 1/12 scale toys. So it's possible that they could start making larger Predator toys.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 07, 2022, 07:48:55 PMThe lawsuit had a big play into why they didn't push forward. And then it put a big bump in the road that they've never really got around. From the rumblings I've heard, the lawsuit is what put them on hold, and they couldn't develop more until a certain point. By that time, the game had come and gone.

:o  :o  :-\  :-\  :'(  What a pity. So, better forget we would see not only an ultimate Wolf, but also the Predators from the third movie getting the ultimate treatement, isn't?
It sucks.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2022, 02:15:58 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 04, 2022, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 03, 2022, 02:30:47 PMYou know what's a pretty big missed opportunity? Dutch 2025. We have a shit ton of Hunting Grounds characters and Dutch being back was pretty big for the franchise. No toy. You could even do "saber" (assuming the name of the mask is the same as the Predator) doing a Hunting Grounds Predator, or even doing an original design which the game could've used. And further doing something like a two-pack with Cleopatra.

As far as dogs I feel like I'm going to have to model and print one. I really hate I have to go customs for something like this.

Not making anything from Hunting Grounds was a mistake. So many great designs.

Agreed. There was so much material for NECA in that game, same as the other games. They really do seem to have just wound down with Predator. I know much of it must be the lawsuit being to blame, but it still smarts and feels like dropped balls.
I would buy the shit out of, like, every Hunting Grounds Predator figure.

I think the lawsuit isn't much of an excuse anymore - it came and went (hasn't it been like two years since it ended now?), we got a new Predator movie, we've got the Feral Predator in the pipeline, NECA should be lining up Predators like crazy like they've been doing with the TMNT line.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

We will see how it all plays out. I think the success of Prey is going to shift a few things. I was told Feral was the last Predator before Prey was even released, so things could change and NECA could renew the license. Only time will tell.

And figures go into production a lot sooner than some expect. Things simply couldn't be made during the lawsuit time, and we are only now seeing the affects of that time period. They lost a lot of time during the lawsuit, and with the Disney merger too, things got messy.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Weird, specially because Neca just started a new Alien line, does this apply to Pred only?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can not wait to see a new company get the license, do it in actual 1/12 scale and immediately release human characters that have face printing tech and actually look like their actors, maybe we could get a good Naru figure, Harrigan, Royce, and even Isabelle out of it.

Oh and Predators with ab crunches that can look up.

If the same company gets the Alien license we might actually get full crews, and characters people actually want like the Abomination (from Prometheus and AFE) an accurate Engineer suit, maybe even accurate Aliens, the Neomorphs in particular, a not overpriced and under articulated Deacon figure, if we are lucky?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Kinda funny that the moment Neca puts out good Xenomorph figures they might have started losing the license

Mike’s Monsters

Human characters have weird rights. Depending on the actor, or the production companies, they may not allow their likeness to be used for figures and it wouldn't matter who gets the line. If the actor doesn't sign away their likeness, or the studio holder has weird rules, we won't see those figures. That's why we've not seen them already.

Sigourney Weaver is one of those actors. Very hard to get her to release her likeness. It was lucky NECA got it for Ripley.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 08, 2022, 05:20:03 PMHuman characters have weird rights. Depending on the actor, or the production companies, they may not allow their likeness to be used for figures and it wouldn't matter who gets the line. If the actor doesn't sign away their likeness, or the studio holder has weird rules, we won't see those figures. That's why we've not seen them already.

Sigourney Weaver is one of those actors. Very hard to get her to release her likeness. It was lucky NECA got it for Ripley.
So far I know, Carl Weather is also a pain in the ass to get his likeness. For Rocky, NECA didn´t have any trouble, but in the case of Predator, Carl didn´t allow NECA to use his likeness, the same for the actors who played Apone and Drake in the Aliens film.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Gridseeker on Nov 08, 2022, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 08, 2022, 05:20:03 PMHuman characters have weird rights. Depending on the actor, or the production companies, they may not allow their likeness to be used for figures and it wouldn't matter who gets the line. If the actor doesn't sign away their likeness, or the studio holder has weird rules, we won't see those figures. That's why we've not seen them already.

So far I know, Carl Weather is also a pain in the ass to get his likeness. For Rocky, NECA didn´t have any trouble, but in the case of Predator, Carl didn´t allow NECA to use his likeness, the same for the actors who played Apone and Drake in the Aliens film.

Exactly, it could also be the studio holding their likeness too, as they own the character. Sometimes it's the studio and not the actor that holds it, depending on when the film was made. It's all very tricky and multiple reasons are why we haven't and likely won't see certain characters made, and if they do get made, they may not have the best likeness.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed