NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,188,057 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 13, 2022, 04:05:04 AMHey everyone! I updated my axe to be much larger! Due to not wanting to spend $60 on the Neca warrior predator just to get that Battle axe lol. So I did my best to make my own! I changed out the smaller head from the pictures before and installed a longer, wider and sharper axe head. also added some extra stuff to the tip of the axe shaft as well.

Your stuff is great, never stop

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2022, 10:52:40 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 13, 2022, 04:05:04 AMHey everyone! I updated my axe to be much larger! Due to not wanting to spend $60 on the Neca warrior predator just to get that Battle axe lol. So I did my best to make my own! I changed out the smaller head from the pictures before and installed a longer, wider and sharper axe head. also added some extra stuff to the tip of the axe shaft as well.

Your stuff is great, never stop
Thank you my friend! I shall not! I plan to do something with Jungle hunter very soon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2022, 07:53:30 AMIt all stems from the Aliens script (which we all know) - but that was written thinking they'd look the same as the original, and Cameron himself considered his adults functionally the same as the original. To him "warrior" was just the name of the adult, and a drone was something else entirely (mercifully scrapped).
Sure, my point was that the meanings have changed a bit since then.

I think there's room for both interpretations, and personally my headcanon is a little in between depending on my mood and I don't mind which one creators choose to follow.

Quote from: PredBabe on Oct 13, 2022, 10:39:30 AMI know AVP Extinction (2003) also used the terms "drone" for the smooth dome and "warrior" for the ridged.
I miss that game- I feel like I was the only one who enjoyed it though lol.
I liked it a lot (especially the Alien campaign), it just suffered from balance issues and replayability problems since there was no skirmish mode or multiplayer. The bestiary for all 3 races was fantastic, they put a ton of effort and thought into that.

Mike’s Monsters

Dane showed @RidgeTop and I some more photos and videos of the NECA Feral. The unmasked face looked great. There was a roaring face and neutral resting face unmasked. Along with those we saw a few different masked heads, one roaring and one mandibles closed. A few accessories, what we've seen and also the mask by itself.

Looked great. Unsure if the whole thing will come with all the heads we saw. Can see them releasing two different figures featuring different heads/expressions. Can't see them having 4 different heads in one package.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 15, 2022, 05:00:35 AMDane showed @RidgeTop and I some more photos and videos of the NECA Feral. The unmasked face looked great. There was a roaring face and neutral resting face unmasked. Along with those we saw a few different masked heads, one roaring and one mandibles closed. A few accessories, what we've seen and also the mask by itself.

Looked great. Unsure if the whole thing will come with all the heads we saw. Can see them releasing two different figures featuring different heads/expressions. Can't see them having 4 different heads in one package.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 15, 2022, 05:00:35 AMDane showed @RidgeTop and I some more photos and videos of the NECA Feral.

Dane DiLiegro?

Still Collating...

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 09, 2022, 02:18:59 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 09, 2022, 02:00:15 PMStone Heart has been out already for a few days/weeks.

Huh? Are there in hand photos of this? I don't think it's hit any shelves or shipped yet. Could you share where you've seen this? And they just released a bunch of Fireteam Elite Xenomorphs, so those are new.

I understand the frustration, NECA was pretty much built on Aliens and Predators. But I'd say to not get much hope in them for future releases. TMNT is one of the biggest money makers in toys since the 90s and probably is doing very well for NECA, but they've also focused on a lot of other things at once too. It's not just TMNT regardless of what your opinion says. Just because you yourself aren't interested, doesn't mean that others aren't into whatever line they announce. I'm personally stoked for their new Robocop line, ET and DINOSAURS! TV show line that are upcoming.

I've heard through the grapevine that NECA may be winding down on the Aliens and Predators, and the current trend seems to prove that. Won't say much more than that. But like I said previously, don't get hopes up for much more unless some things change behind the scenes.

I'd rather not have McFarlane in the line again. They have had some of the worst QC lately, they can't pose well and or locked to a predetermined pose. They all have side eyes too, which Todd seems to think looks cool. Seriously scroll through collector twitter and see them constantly bashing most of what McFarlane makes. There's a reason why McFarlane is all over shelves all the time.

NECA had a very good run, even with their quality issues too. But maybe it's time for someone else to take the throne.

There's multiple videos of Stone Heart dating 2 weeks back even. Neca used to show new unseen figures at events and announce them with first sneak peaks at events, they haven't done that in a long while now.

McFarlane has changed a lot from their old days. Now they have better articulation than most Neca figures, they are constantly announcing new figures, and are far more cheaper then Neca now. I wouldn't trust McFarlane to do Predator and Aliens correctly in their earlier years. Now? I'm sure they would do great, making affordable figures that still fit in with my Neca collection. A good percentage of their figures have good face sculpts now, their QC is better than Neca's as of now, only their lack of detailed paint is worse than Neca, but that I can easily adjust with washes and drybrushing for such a cheap figure.

Of course, they can't do that, make figures of those licenses in that same scale, while Neca still has the license, so I hope Neca makes their mind up will they continue with this or not. 

I'm glad to hear that Feral is going along well at least. Though I don't know why they didn't show him at the con, only to announce him a few days later with pics on their Facebook and Instagram.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

So you mean to tell me the one Predator perfect for a mask you can manually add and take off doesn't have that as a feature, I'm so tired of interchangeable heads.

Still Collating...

There is a customizer on Instagram, lrl_customs who literally made just that for sale: an accurate Feral mask, that fits on any predator head basically. 

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 15, 2022, 04:58:49 PMSo you mean to tell me the one Predator perfect for a mask you can manually add and take off doesn't have that as a feature, I'm so tired of interchangeable heads.
I don't think that feature would work out well on a NECA figure. Especially with how known brittle their plastic is. This isn't a very durable plastic meant to be played with, where you can take pieces on and off. They don't make figures like that anymore. You're paying almost exclusively for the high-end detail in the sculpt. NECA figures are known to fall apart

SiL

SiL

I have a NECA figure with a removable mask. One of their Kenner redos. Mask even has the same sort of overall shape as the Feral, so they could absolutely pull it off.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 15, 2022, 05:00:35 AMDane showed @RidgeTop and I some more photos and videos of the NECA Feral. The unmasked face looked great. There was a roaring face and neutral resting face unmasked. Along with those we saw a few different masked heads, one roaring and one mandibles closed. A few accessories, what we've seen and also the mask by itself.

perhaps you might be able to answer my question? This whole time I was wondering if Neca's Feral will have the quills/hairs on his trapezius/Shoulder area like in the movie? Thanks in advance!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Dane was at Monsterpalooza which @RidgeTop and I attended this weekend. We also saw Dakota as well.

Dane showed us a video on his phone of him walking through NECA, and a few pictures as well. It wasn't something where we got to hold it, or really examine it. Just photos and videos of what he had.

We got to see it and the upcoming accessories, but I can't speak to things like details of the dreads, quills or other body parts. We got a good look, but not super detailed look. A nice tease.

We did see enough to confirm the face and mouth situation. There will be an open and closed mouth, but how it's implemented I'm not sure. I don't know if it'll be replaceable mandibles or a fully swapped head. We didn't get details on how things work, he just gave us a quick sneak peek.

All I can fully confirm is that I personally think the thing looked great. And makes me want it even more. Dane didn't know a release date either.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Feral is my least favorite Predator design. But damn I do love the weapons. Love the silver and bronze coloring. Would love to pair it with some of the most tribe members.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

More items to my ever growing custom arsenal for my Predator figures, I completed a closed gold bladed spear that can attach to the back of Predator figures as well as an extended gold spear. I can't wait for my Jungle Hunter to arrive next week. My old one and other predators, i had to sell unfortunately in a tight spot. I just have the Ol' Bad Blood left at the moment. Here are some photos from the front and back with the spear on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed