NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,201,177 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 12, 2022, 07:26:12 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 11, 2022, 02:26:57 AMI wonder how Neca will incorporate the many shoulder/trapezius quills/hairs on the figure?

Looks like just texture/paint at this point. I get why, but if the final product is the same it does feel little tired given how obvious they are in the film.
You are most likely right, they did the same with jungle hunter, even at quarter scale. It honestly wouldn't be as difficult a task as they might think, they would just need to mold a small thin rubberized plastic strip, with a bunch of thin quills coming off of the top that they glue into the upper torso/ trapezius section and then paint it. But that would be going the extra mile, most companies just simply will not do that. 

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

Awwww yeaaaah!

happypred

happypred

Yeah!

Now about that Ultimate Wolf...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: happypred on Oct 13, 2022, 01:42:44 AMYeah!

Now about that Ultimate Wolf...
Coming Q2 2147

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Oct 09, 2022, 03:18:31 AMWhat "proper division"? Drones vs Warriors was a fan idea to explain domes vs ridges; games, comics and novels can't agree on any of it, and movies never show more than one type of Alien.

Yes, smooth head vs. ridge head is an aesthetic choice made by film makers, and both look great in Alien and Aliens respectively.

A bunch of fans and some of the EU stuff tried to explain it as drone alien vs. warrior alien, like how for predators, the P1 pred supposedly belonged to a "Hunter" class and the P2 pred supposedly belonged to a "Warrior" class.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: happypred on Oct 13, 2022, 01:59:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 09, 2022, 03:18:31 AMWhat "proper division"? Drones vs Warriors was a fan idea to explain domes vs ridges; games, comics and novels can't agree on any of it, and movies never show more than one type of Alien.

Yes, smooth head vs. ridge head is an aesthetic choice made by film makers, and both look great in Alien and Aliens respectively.

A bunch of fans and some of the EU stuff tried to explain it as drone alien vs. warrior alien, like how for predators, the P1 pred supposedly belonged to a "Hunter" class and the P2 pred supposedly belonged to a "Warrior" class.
It's already explained in the current canon.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There is no canonically stated explanation for the differences. They simply are.

SiL

SiL

AvP: The Hunt Begins board game made the distinction, but I wouldn't call that "canon". Fireteam calls domed Aliens "Warriors" and "Drones".

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2022, 03:15:45 AMAvP: The Hunt Begins board game made the distinction, but I wouldn't call that "canon". Fireteam calls domed Aliens "Warriors" and "Drones".
Ridged ones are Warriors, smooth headed ones are Drones, in Fireteam.

EU media and merchandise is actually remarkably consistent on that and has been for many years. Hell, even the Lanard toys did it.

Caste Theory supremacy

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 09, 2022, 12:03:39 AMEhh, Concrete Jungle was done before the proper division of Warrior and Drone in canon(no Extinction doesn't count)
I'd say it does count (and I'm not even sure it's the earliest time the division was made in licensed media).

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2022, 03:15:45 AMAvP: The Hunt Begins board game made the distinction, but I wouldn't call that "canon". Fireteam calls domed Aliens "Warriors" and "Drones".

Fireteam Elite directly follows the "Plagiarus Praepotens" rules present in Aliens The Cold Forge and Alien RPG. Various other novels and the latest AVP novel also follow it.

And no, Fireteam Elite doesn't call any domed alien of Warrior.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I updated my axe to be much larger! Due to not wanting to spend $60 on the Neca warrior predator just to get that Battle axe lol. So I did my best to make my own! I changed out the smaller head from the pictures before and installed a longer, wider and sharper axe head. also added some extra stuff to the tip of the axe shaft as well.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 13, 2022, 03:35:50 AMRidged ones are Warriors, smooth headed ones are Drones, in Fireteam.

EU media and merchandise is actually remarkably consistent on that and has been for many years. Hell, even the Lanard toys did it.
My bad, I was going off YouTubers for Fireteam. The videos must have been made before the game actually released, as there are no ridged Aliens featured.

Most media doesn't make a distinction because it's not always necessary. Even then there are examples where Drone and Warrior either aren't used or are used interchangeably. Off the top of my head, Colonial Marines calls domed Aliens "lurkers", AvP for Jaguar calls their domed Aliens Warriors, Aliens Infestation doesn't seem to distinguish but the sprites are kind of small.

It's obviously a very common distinction but saying it's "canon" is churching it up a bit.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I agree it's not always necessary, but the ridged ones have been called "Warriors" reasonably consistently dating back to 1991, I remember seeing old model kits that called them that. The "drone" moniker has been somewhat less consistent, but they've been called "drones" in most modern media and merchandise.

Whether it's "canon" that there's a caste distinction (regardless of the specific words you use to label them) kind of depends on what you consider canon of course.

Edit--
I did a little digging and learned that the 1994 AvP Capcom arcade game called them Warriors (ridged) and Stalkers (smooth).

SiL

SiL

It all stems from the Aliens script (which we all know) - but that was written thinking they'd look the same as the original, and Cameron himself considered his adults functionally the same as the original. To him "warrior" was just the name of the adult, and a drone was something else entirely (mercifully scrapped).

PredBabe

PredBabe

I know AVP Extinction (2003) also used the terms "drone" for the smooth dome and "warrior" for the ridged.
I miss that game- I feel like I was the only one who enjoyed it though lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed