Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 172,288 times)

Serial

Another question I thought of that I'm concerned about: Does matchmaking take into consideration the player's skill level, so that it automatically matches the player with similar-skilled players? Or is it completely random on who gets assigned to a group?

dDave

Quote from: kvon17 on Feb 11, 2010, 10:23:20 PM
Quote from: dDave on Feb 11, 2010, 09:52:17 PM
Big THX from me too, one of your german Fans :D ...Ive pre-ordered it already!!!

There is something i have to ask for. It was said that the Alien-Skins will be equally high, but what is with their individual abilities.. Ive read that the runner can spit acid and he is faster, is he? Whats with the other Types? Especially the Predalien, will it be playable?!

I hope this questions are ok. Anyway, thank you.
all skins in multiplayer have the same abilities and statistics. However, it looks like there is a difference in the enemies of the single player campaign.

Youre kidding me, right?! This is the first thing I will be angry about, sry Reb.. ;(

Then another Question. Will it be possible to play other alien-types during the SP?
Something like this: when you meet a new Alien-species during one chapter, you can choose it to play for the next; or/the same, when you are able [that should be really difficult] to give a facehugger to a pred [i know its possible for humans, right?!], then you can choose a Predalien the next chapter; or/the same, when you rescued the queen or defend her, then you can play preatorian, something like this. That would be a great System...

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

The Alien's acidic blood doesn't seem to do much against Predators and Marines in the demo. I've seen plenty instances where Marines (myself included) blast an Alien at point blank range (with both barrels of the shotgun even) and they/I don't take much damage, if at all. Likewise, the Predators don't seem to take much damage from severe acid spray. Or worse yet, some of the Trophy Kills where the Acid is gushing out all over the Predator and he takes no damage at all (think AVP:R  :P). Was this a hiccup in the demo and will it be addressed?

Also, was System Link multi-play really debunked for 360 & PS3 players? :'(

nyce

Almost everyone feels that the Pulse Rifle torchfire is VERY annoying...

Can't you guys tone down it and make lots of fellow marines happy?

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Feb 12, 2010, 07:18:34 AM
Quote from: nyce on Feb 12, 2010, 07:11:04 AM
Almost everyone feels that the Pulse Rifle torchfire is VERY annoying...

Can't you guys tone down it and make lots of fellow marines happy?

speak for yourself.  the rest of us Marines love the Pulse Fire torchfire/muzzle flash

I never seen anyone complain about something like that.  it's beautiful!   if they tone down the muzzle flash, the gun would look and feel weak when firing.   Personally, I feel it should be bigger and brighter like in the movie.  But it already looks great and better than AVPG and AVP2 combined.
I agree with affinity, I like the current muzzle flash.  :)

Quote from: dDave on Feb 12, 2010, 07:30:49 AM
Several times, i was already infront of a Pred, only a few cm... then he shoots me with the Plasma Cannon but only i took damage. In AVP2 the Pred was dead, too.

No, I was a pred an when I shot an Alien with my 'caster up close, both of us died.  :-\

RidgeTop

I'm late to the party but thanks for taking the time to connect with the community and answer our questions.  I just have one:

Will we be able to start a multiplayer match alone with no other players for the sole purpose of exploring the maps?

out-at-night-mostly

First of Thank you very much for making the game, you have no idea how much wank fest us fans have before you guys come along and make it come true!!! ;D

Question: How do the knock down mechanics from the alien and predator's jump attack works. For example marines can be seen being knock down in earlier gameplay preview when the predator simply focus jump at him while i was cannot do the same in Multiplayer. Enlighten me please :)

Eidotemit

We remind you that this thread is not for discussion. Please discuss the answers given in another thread (preferably an existing one, if possible). This thread is reserved for questions regarding gameplay only.

We also ask that you do not ask questions that have already been answered (this includes SDK, crouch, aim-down-sight, and questions of the like).

Your post will be removed if the staff feels it does not meet this criteria. Thank you.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Hello, here is another question.

Do you plan on fixing the problem where you can stealth kill and grab someone running away from you who is like 10 feet away? Also...
I don't know if it is due to lag, but you can grab someone very far away and they just appear in your arms. Also, is this the stealth kill we can expect in the full game? Or will you guys be able to put in an option to hold down interact (like when you are an alien messing with the predator's power nodes) so that there is no more spamming of the stealth kills. People can just run around eachother and get a quick stealth kill instead of being actually stealthy. I was just wondering if this issue has been addressed and might be fixed in the future.

Also, are there any plans to make the Alien a little more quiet? They're always growling and giving away their position!

demon326

I'm new, but i'm following this site for a few weeks now, and i do have a question for the dev guy ;D

Will you remove the "wallhack" in the retail, or will there be a option to turn it on or off?

by wallhack i mean that you can see the others walking on the floor above you or in the next hallway...

D-13

Will there be an option to change "Auto-change weapon on pick-up" ?

kvon17

Quote from: demon326 on Feb 12, 2010, 12:50:45 PM
I'm new, but i'm following this site for a few weeks now, and i do have a question for the dev guy ;D

Will you remove the "wallhack" in the retail, or will there be a option to turn it on or off?

by wallhack i mean that you can see the others walking on the floor above you or in the next hallway...

That is a key feature of the Alien. No.

Elude

Quote from: out-at-night-mostly on Feb 12, 2010, 08:31:23 AM
First of Thank you very much for making the game, you have no idea how much wank fest us fans have before you guys come along and make it come true!!! ;D

Question: How do the knock down mechanics from the alien and predator's jump attack works. For example marines can be seen being knock down in earlier gameplay preview when the predator simply focus jump at him while i was cannot do the same in Multiplayer. Enlighten me please :)

Both the predator and alien can knock down players in the demo with there focus jumps, you just have to be at the right distance from the target. As for the alien you have to use the focus attack with your jump button instead of your melee button and also be at a considerable long distance.

Xenodog

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Feb 12, 2010, 07:06:01 AM
The Alien's acidic blood doesn't seem to do much against Predators and Marines in the demo. I've seen plenty instances where Marines (myself included) blast an Alien at point blank range (with both barrels of the shotgun even) and they/I don't take much damage, if at all. Likewise, the Predators don't seem to take much damage from severe acid spray. Or worse yet, some of the Trophy Kills where the Acid is gushing out all over the Predator and he takes no damage at all (think AVP:R  :P). Was this a hiccup in the demo and will it be addressed?

Also, was System Link multi-play really debunked for 360 & PS3 players? :'(

This.^ The Alien's acid blood is next to non-existent, PLEASE buff it up for the real game.

Fruitcake

Fruitcake

Hi Eric, nice of you to answer some questions here on the forums,
and getting personally involved with the community :)

Im a really big fan of the Alien and Predator universe in a whole,
and played through the first AvP game several times as well as the second AvP,
so really looking forward to the next one :)

Id like if you could answer some of these questions:

While the Predators Shoulder cannon is VERY iconic from all the movies, (and fun to use), i really think its become underpowered in the new game. I killed one marine in 1 charged shot and 1 fast shot and then i had used half of my energy, while a marine can kill a predator in around 5-20 hits, and have around 400 bullets from the start. Have you thought about reducing the energy cost? And could be cool if the "bolt" moved a bit faster so its easier to hit and you dont waste all your precious energy on shooting blanks.

I do also think that the predator is a bit to easy to spot when stealthed and running towards
his victim, now when he already killed his 2 marines with the shoulder cannon and got nothing
else but to melee, he have to either rush towards his enemy or silently sneak up on them.
Would be nice to see him being a little more cloaked when moving around and charging.
Have you thought about buffing his cloak a bit?

Also the Motion Tracker seems to be able to spot things thats behind you sometimes, which really shouldnt be possible.

Alien trophy kills from the celing or walls could also be pretty cool, like very much seen in
the 3rd Alien movie. Is this something you thought about?

And what happend to the disc? Doesnt act like anything from the movies, where he throws it with speed and precision and in a more or less straight line, and then it returns to the predator. Its spinning around the room, bouncing off of walls like a bouncing ball out of control. Have you thought about changing it to a more "classic" disc?

The spear since its very hard to use and your target really have to be motionless before
your able to hit anything with it, could be cool to at least be able to throw it without losing
your cloak. Like seen in the first AvP movie where the spear uncloaks as the predator does,
while nailing a guy to a wall :) Have you thought about this?

Could be cool to see the speargun or netgun again, or the wrist mounted speargun.
Any thoughts about implementing other weapons later on?

A passive energy regenerating power for the predator could be cool too, kinda like the aliens
health but of course alot less "powerful". Like the predator in the first movie didnt have any
power supplies to recharge from in the jungle, but kept on shooting his shoulder cannon.
Have you thought about this?

Have you thought about balancing the marins weapons? The pulse rifle is the only weapon which seems to do the trick. The smartgun havent got enough ammo to become really useful, havent killed anything with either the shotgun or flamethrower yet, and since its around the year 2200, its kinda odd that the grenade launcher on the pulse rifle only is able to fire in a straigh line for 5m.

Have you thought about buffing the alien with a bit more health, speed and attack speed to make up for the lack of ranged weapons?

If you ask me, the Alien should stay pure melee, without any acid spit, since it only occured
once and very short in the movies.
The aliens strength lies in numbers, speed, stealth and sneak attacks :)
(no real question here, just my personal opinion on the subject)

Thanks / Best Regards

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed