RS confirms Ships name, Space Jockey, and Chariots of the Gods/Harvest-like tale

Started by CainsSon, Jun 29, 2011, 04:45:34 AM

Author
RS confirms Ships name, Space Jockey, and Chariots of the Gods/Harvest-like tale (Read 23,790 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: Vulhala on Jun 29, 2011, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 29, 2011, 01:17:49 PM
"NASA and the Vatican agree that is almost mathematically impossible that we can be where we are today without there being a little help along the way"

Oh Christ NO!

Has to be bullshit. Hell would freeze before the Vatican admitted what he's implying.

I don't know that this quote means that the Vatican admits aliens must have helped us. In their case they most likely mean to say that evolution doesn't make sense and so we must have had some help from God.

Im not saying evolution doesnt make sense though.

Also, this Ancient Astronaut theory is not at all well regarding in academic circles. It's straight up pseudoscience and is kinda laughable. I hope they approach it the way it was given in Harvest, where you don't realize that's whats happening in front of your eyes. Otherwise, w/o that subtlety...

I think they must have something special or why would Ridley be excited by this?

As a side note: As detached as they say this is, Im willing to be we get the Derelict crash at some point. Maybe just in passing, as part of a greater whole.

Vulhala

The whole Von Daniken thing fails because he bases his theories on his own translation of the Bible.

Some light debunkage.

Infected

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

I like the idea of ​​connection between Human race and Jockey race.
That would explain the similarity between the Jockey and the Human bodies(one head,two arms,5 fingers,etc...) and the Giger designs(human body mixed with machine parts). :)

RagingDragon

In my opinion, when you start eliminating the piles of literary wierdness, Lovecraft included (it was supernatural fiction, right folks?) and study the evidence of ancient man having access to or implying advanced technology, there is definitely some case for investigation.  You guys seem to be casually linking fiction with anthropological and archaeological data, however, which is a destructive thing to do even though we're only talking about a science-fiction film.  You don't want to blur those lines.

I think Discovery did a series called "Ancient Aliens" that does a nice job of collecting the bits of things already discovered and analyzing them.  Worth a watch if your interested in the physical evidence that supports many of these theories.

Bringing it back to the scope of the movie, I really do hope Ridley Scott stays far away from the likes of 2001.  I also don't see how the Cthulhu mythos could impact Prometheus, as the connections would have to be stretched quite thin to matter outside of the general "ancient alien god" idea.  Also wasn't Harvest the comic series where they go to collect the royal jelly with the robot alien?  I'm lost on that one... 

Valaquen

The original Alien was fused with all sorts of Lovecraft mythos. Dan O'Bannon specifically wrote it to invoke the same feeling of cosmic ... horror? It would be fitting that Prometheus carries this tone.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Spoiler: The Jockey create man...Jockey is God. :o

CainsSon

Quote from: Ivymike on Jun 29, 2011, 05:18:47 PM
Spoiler: The Jockey create man...Jockey is God. :o

The idea of Ancient Alien Gods is Lovecraftian. His influence is so tangible that its hard to imagine the breath of it's impact. The Cthulu Mythos doesnt refer to specifics, but more to overarching ideas that ate their way through storytelling and have become so emeshed that its hard to separate it.

The criticism of CHARIOTS OF THE GODS is thus: it borrows it's ideas from the Cthulu Mythos. The Great Old Ones from space, in undefinable forms, that are indifferent to mankind and can easily destroy or in this case, play with and alter our creation/destruction.

That concept is 'the Cthulu Mythos'.

Pn2501

QuoteAlso wasn't Harvest the comic series where they go to collect the royal jelly with the robot alien?  I'm lost on that one... 

It's in regard to the leaked "alien harvest" script treatment.(unconfirmed leak)

Ok I have say that this is Ridley Scott making a return to sci fi and to the alien universe! With that being said I think we have something great to look forward to. Hey at least its not Jerry Brickheimer in the alien universe with ol smug George Clooney as the protagonist! Just be happy that this is not a reboot of Alien and Stellos on 300 is the robot.

Space Jockey's kick-starting civilization on Earth is a plot device from the Harvest script, or at least very similar too it, provided they don't just retread other Ancient Astronaut stories. In Harvest, it is insinuated that the planet being 'harvested' by the Space Jockey's may in fact be Earth, but it would have to be removed from the Derelict's plot, unless that crash is still present. Its very curious and this may be how Spaihts' ideas remained a prominent idea in the later drafts.

???

Where do you keep digging up these Alien Harvest inferences?!

There is NOTHING at all from the accumulated official information realeased so far that relates in any way to the Alien Harvest script! So far its looking like Shadow 19 was the blue print for the alien prequel.

Highland

I wonder if the Alien Pyramid will make it in then. Didn't Von Danikien ramble on about those?

The timeline isn't making much sense here at all.

CainsSon

Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 29, 2011, 11:00:49 PM
Space Jockey's kick-starting civilization on Earth is a plot device from the Harvest script, or at least very similar too it, provided they don't just retread other Ancient Astronaut stories. In Harvest, it is insinuated that the planet being 'harvested' by the Space Jockey's may in fact be Earth, but it would have to be removed from the Derelict's plot, unless that crash is still present. Its very curious and this may be how Spaihts' ideas remained a prominent idea in the later drafts.

???

Where do you keep digging up these Alien Harvest inferences?!

There is NOTHING at all from the accumulated official information realeased so far that relates in any way to the Alien Harvest script! So far its looking like Shadow 19 was the blue print for the alien prequel.

All I can do in response to this question is restate.
In Harvest, the Space Jockey's are terraforming a planet that it is insinuated is Earth, and the android-hybrid character is the same person in both timelines.

That is not nothing. Time Dilation is also in Harvest, the cast is similar in gender and size, as is the Space Jockey, and the Derelict, and geez. No one is saying anything is certain. It's just a possibility. If you want to ignore the possibility, go right ahead. But I dont see any reason to. Its not a matter of like or dislike, if the possibility is reinstated, so why get so bothered by it?

Why ignore the similarity? It's not a small one, its a very big thematic similarity for both scripts to feature Space Jockey's terraforming Earth. Why overlook that similarity when we know so many changes have been made even if... Its the exact same situation as SHADOW 19. That script obviously isn't going to be this exactly. It would have to have been changed drastically to fit what we already know. We shouldn't ignore that script either. That doesn't make sense, especially since there have been so many redrafts. I mean, why is that any different than discussing the Alien 3 scripts that didnt get filmed?

The whole idea of these threads is speculation, at this point.

DragonBossk

Would have preferred a spoiler warning for the android thing, seeming as it was on frontpage news and not a forum thread.

Still, interesting news.

zuzuki

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 30, 2011, 02:29:52 AM
Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 29, 2011, 11:00:49 PM

All I can do in response to this question is restate.
In Harvest, the Space Jockey's are terraforming a planet that it is insinuated is Earth, and the android-hybrid character is the same person in both timelines.

That is not nothing. Time Dilation is also in Harvest, the cast is similar in gender and size, as is the Space Jockey, and the Derelict, and geez. No one is saying anything is certain. It's just a possibility. If you want to ignore the possibility, go right ahead. But I dont see any reason to. Its not a matter of like or dislike, if the possibility is reinstated, so why get so bothered by it?

the terraformed world in alien:harvest is never insinuated to be earth.the 2 humans are captured from earth space vessels and taken to that planet for manual labor.also there isn't any android in that story,not on the planet.the space jockeys are manipulating via mind control humans not androids.

also what happens on that planet happens before the space chase between the humans and the alien ship.on the planetthat last captured human uses that substance thing to tag the ship so that it can be tracked in space.

you got to read to script again..

oh and hi this is my first post. i followed a few times this forum but now with prometheus coming i think i will visit it more often

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed