Marvel's Predator Volume 2 - Predator: The Preserve

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Dec 19, 2022, 10:50:19 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator Volume 2 - Predator: The Preserve (Read 29,282 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Some nice South China Sea vibes as well

Engineer

Engineer

... pass...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 07, 2023, 10:23:24 PMhttps://comic-watch.com/news/predator-1-preview-a-new-deadly-hunt-begins

Preview up. Very Predators, but oddly the designs don't seem to be of a 'Super Predator' style.

Might not be the same preserve planet. Even then, I think there was something about the Berserker Predators having taken over that planet from the Classics - might have been something from the old Predators tie-ins.

The images seem a little out of focus - hoping that's just the uploads. I'm looking forward to this though.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Issue #2 20th Century Studios variant covers have been revealed here.. https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620626100211

My opinion.. they look like baseball cards.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 08, 2023, 04:16:53 PMIssue #2 20th Century Studios variant covers have been revealed here.. https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620626100211

Scroll a little further down and you'll see the main cover for issue 3 too

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 08, 2023, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 08, 2023, 04:16:53 PMIssue #2 20th Century Studios variant covers have been revealed here.. https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620626100211

Yes!! That was also revealed last month along with a synopsis along with other May solicitations including Alien #2!

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 08, 2023, 04:58:45 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 08, 2023, 04:53:36 PM

Yes!! That was also revealed last month along with a synopsis along with other May solicitations including Alien #2!
I guess I missed that... but then again, I haven't been watching too closely...

RakaiThwei

Briefly glanced at this at one of the local comic book shops I visited but... I didn't necessarily read it, more like flipped the pages.

However, this article raises some... questions.

Spoiler

What I am about to ask is going to be put under spoilers...

Spoiler
If some of the human characters are from different points of TIME which this article mentions... then that means Predators have time travel? What the hell?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 12, 2023, 12:07:06 AM
Spoiler
If some of the human characters are from different points of TIME which this article mentions... then that means Predators have time travel? What the hell?
[close]

Spoiler
There's no time travel. It's the Predators keeping them in cryosleep (or equivalent) until they want to use the prey.
[close]

I picked up and read through the first issue yesterday. I actually really enjoyed it - until the last page. It was nice to see the Predators being very deadly. It almost felt like our feedback from the first arc had been taken aboard.

I really liked the artwork as well. Felt very frantic, and like a Predator comic. I was somewhat surprised to spend the majority of the issue with the new characters, but the longer this went on, the more I feared -

Spoiler
Theta showing up, being the hero and quickly offing one of the Predators.
[close]

Which is exactly what happened. It was predictable and a slap in the face of how the rest of the issue had been presented.

Corporal Hicks

Solicitations for #3 are available.

Spoiler

Written by Ed Brisson | Art by Netho Diaz | Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli | Variant Cover by Martin Coccolo | 32 Pages | $3.99 | On-sale: 05/17/23

A WOLF IN WOLF'S CLOTHING! Theta has gotten the crew to her ship, but an unexpected ambush by the Predators prevents them from boarding...that is, except for one. While Theta fights for her life, Kiyoshi boards the Sandpiper and prepares to escape, leaving everyone else at the bloodlust-laced mercy of the Predators. After all, what else but betrayal is to be expected from some of society's most ruthless deviants?
[close]

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2023, 10:02:00 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 12, 2023, 12:07:06 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There's no time travel. It's the Predators keeping them in cryosleep (or equivalent) until they want to use the prey.
[close]

I picked up and read through the first issue yesterday. I actually really enjoyed it - until the last page. It was nice to see the Predators being very deadly. It almost felt like our feedback from the first arc had been taken aboard.

I really liked the artwork as well. Felt very frantic, and like a Predator comic. I was somewhat surprised to spend the majority of the issue with the new characters, but the longer this went on, the more I feared -

Spoiler
Theta showing up, being the hero and quickly offing one of the Predators.
[close]

Which is exactly what happened. It was predictable and a slap in the face of how the rest of the issue had been presented.

I read it in the shop then put it back on the shelf lol
Your assessment is accurate imo too.
Spoiler
It was decent until theta showed up. I really hate that character and she's the reason I'm not spending any of my money on this one either.
What a shame.
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2023, 06:31:23 AMMight not be the same preserve planet. Even then, I think there was something about the Berserker Predators having taken over that planet from the Classics - might have been something from the old Predators tie-ins.

The images seem a little out of focus - hoping that's just the uploads. I'm looking forward to this though.

Definitely from the Dark Horse PREDATORS prequel comics and to some extent, the sequel but personally I don't count those as canon to the films as there's too many inconsistencies with those comics and the movie itself, primarily the designs of some of tech which the Super Predators use, and even the designs of the Super Predators. And then there's also the Stop Motion comic which... kind of contradicts the idea that the Traditional Predators hunt on Preserve Planets, as we see Crucified behaving like he's been captured and is running and fighting the Super Predators.

But I found the comic online and... I really don't like that Marvel has decided to establish that the Traditional Predators are the ones now using the preserve planet or a preserve planet. They just really don't seem to be that type of Predators to do that. If they wanted to use the Super Predators, why not just come up with new and unique designs for new Super Predators?

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 12, 2023, 10:54:01 PM
Spoiler
It was decent until theta showed up. I really hate that character and she's the reason I'm not spending any of my money on this one either.
What a shame.
[close]

She's no Machiko Noguchi, that's for sure...

Engineer

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 19, 2023, 06:54:03 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2023, 06:31:23 AMMight not be the same preserve planet. Even then, I think there was something about the Berserker Predators having taken over that planet from the Classics - might have been something from the old Predators tie-ins.

Definitely from the Dark Horse PREDATORS prequel comics and to some extent, the sequel but personally I don't count those as canon to the films as there's too many inconsistencies with those comics and the movie itself, primarily the designs of some of tech which the Super Predators use, and even the designs of the Super Predators. And then there's also the Stop Motion comic which... kind of contradicts the idea that the Traditional Predators hunt on Preserve Planets, as we see Crucified behaving like he's been captured and is running and fighting the Super Predators.

But I found the comic online and... I really don't like that Marvel has decided to establish that the Traditional Predators are the ones now using the preserve planet or a preserve planet. They just really don't seem to be that type of Predators to do that. If they wanted to use the Super Predators, why not just come up with new and unique designs for new Super Predators?

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 12, 2023, 10:54:01 PM
Spoiler
What a shame.
[close]

She's no Machiko Noguchi, that's for sure...

I don't mean to defend this series...
But the regular preds could very easily come from different clans, with different cultures, just like people, and have different hunting preferences. Same with the super preds. So I don't see the harm in a group of the regular preds having their own game preserve planet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Solicitations for #4

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-comics-june-2023-solicitations-covers/

Spoiler
Ed Brisson (W) • NETHO DIAZ (A)

Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli

Variant Cover by JUNGGEUN  YOON

SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE!

A fight for control of the Sandpiper breaks out as distrust and fear splits the survivors into opposing camps. Theta must decide whether a human life is worth giving up the last remaining connection to her family. What lengths will Theta go to quench her thirst for vengeance...and who will she be willing to sacrifice in the process?
[close]

On Sale June 21

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed