Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 39,836 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

APRIL 2023 NEW WRITER  PKJ ERA IS OVER 
                                    ALIEN #1
Declan Shalvey (W) • Andrea Broccardo (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL'OTTO • VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV

SUPERSTARS DECLAN SHALVEY & Andrea Broccardo TAKE ALIEN TO BONE-CHILLING NEW DEPTHS!

Scientist Batya Zahn will do just about anything to get her family off the icy moon where they've been conducting research on water conservation. But there's more than glacial springs to find in this forgotten corner of the galaxy. When they discover an extraordinary organism buried in the ice, it won't take long for tensions to heat up. What is hidden in the snow comes forth in the thaw...and no one will be welcoming this spring.

https://i.4cdn.org/co/1674159587521523.jpg
A new era of Alien starts here!
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

Engineer

Engineer

QuoteNEW WRITER  PKJ ERA IS OVER

About god damn time! Best news I've heard since Larroca departed the franchise!

I'll buy the comic when the new writer's story arc hits. Worth giving it a try again with someone new giving it a go now... 

crossing my fingers this guy turns out to be an improvement over PKJ.

Richman678

Richman678

I don't know about you guys but i would love to see a GOTG comic with the alien in it. I don't want a deep dive into the alien's origins. I think it works better as a mystery. More like a "omg this thing is true evil, we need to focus on it"

Engineer

Engineer

GOTG as in Guardians of the Galaxy??

If so, personally, I'm really against the crossovers... I'd prefer they keep alien separate from all their other properties. But I wouldn't be shocked to see crossovers eventually. They (dark horse and DC) did it with Batman, Superman, green lantern and a number of others...

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Richman678 on Jan 20, 2023, 01:41:44 PMI don't know about you guys but i would love to see a GOTG comic with the alien in it. I don't want a deep dive into the alien's origins. I think it works better as a mystery. More like a "omg this thing is true evil, we need to focus on it"

That's what Marvel have the Brood for.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Really excited about this! Guessing the actual release date will be 4/22 to line up with Alien Day/week. Good idea to get a new arc started that week with all the Alien buzz (or should I say hisss lol)

Engineer

Engineer

I found the shalvey variant cover. Pretty good!

https://www.tfaw.com/feb230670-alien-1-shalvey-variant.html

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

The title's in reference to my interest in the Alien graphic novels awakening now that PKJ's finally gone.

Jason Todd Voorhees

I hope they dont screw this up!

Nukiemorph

Curious if they'll restart the issue numbers again... I imagine that's annoying for casual readers.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jan 27, 2023, 05:02:51 AMCurious if they'll restart the issue numbers again... I imagine that's annoying for casual readers.

It's pretty par for the course in the comic industry; #1s are typically the best selling issues of any run, so the general rule of them seems to be 'reset back to a #1 as often as possible.'

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 27, 2023, 02:01:58 PM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jan 27, 2023, 05:02:51 AMCurious if they'll restart the issue numbers again... I imagine that's annoying for casual readers.

It's pretty par for the course in the comic industry; #1s are typically the best selling issues of any run, so the general rule of them seems to be 'reset back to a #1 as often as possible.'

Yup
Anytime they change writers and/or artists they reset back to #1. They didn't always do this with ongoing series, but that's what they've switched to over the years. There's a few reasons for it. As nightmare asylum pointed out, #1s sell better. Collectors tend to want issue #1's more because those are more likely to have value later. Also, new readers are more inclined to pick up the series and start reading when they see an issue #1; it's less intimidating than seeing an issue #352.
All that being said, yes, it does appear it's being reset back to #1 again. It's not showing any issue numbers on the cover arts yet, but everywhere I've looked keeps referring to it as issue #1.

Nukiemorph

It would just be easier to collect & follow if each arc was numbered separately and the arc titles were on the cover, like Dark Horse did.

Alien: Bloodlines 1-6
Alien: Revival 1-6
Alien: Icarus 1-6
Alien: Thaw 1-6

But instead, we have:
Alien 1-12
Alien 1-6
Alien 1-6

At least the collected editions make it simpler.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed