Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,718 times)

Still Collating...

Who the hell thinks of this idea and lets it live longer than 5 seconds? Never in a million years would have I believed they would actually go for this. This doesn't even sound like the worst fan fiction ever made for we know how great the fan created content can be, but this sounds like they had no one in their right minds to kill the idea outright. I mean, why was this filmed?

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2018, 01:56:34 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8g_c3lF8g/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n6wnzbcij8wf

What?!
Are you kidding me?
When Kurgan mentioned a time travelling Ripley in another thread and that it was filmed, I thought (or hoped) he was joking.  :o

Why oh why, is there people in the franchise, whether from fox or film crews, that keep coming up with insane ideas.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 29, 2018, 12:34:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2018, 01:56:34 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8g_c3lF8g/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1n6wnzbcij8wf

What?!
Are you kidding me?
When Kurgan mentioned a time travelling Ripley in another thread and that it was filmed, I thought (or hoped) he was joking.  :o

Why oh why, is there people in the franchise, whether from fox or film crews, that keep coming up with insane ideas.

I guess no one knows how to write anymore. Or, a better answer is no one knows how to tell a good story, and not blatant fanservice.

This coming from someone who writes fanfiction. There's a difference between shameless fanservice and fiction.

The Kurgan

All bets are off what they will come up next. After that, there is no taboo left that can not be broken.

This borders on pissing people off on purpose.

The Old One

The Old One

There are imbeciles in the YouTube comments that think this would've been a good idea.

How do these people exist?

The Cruentus

I am starting to wonder if the predator was written as a joke/satire to the franchise.

gantarat

What ? What !? What !!!

Voodoo Magic

Maybe this was intended as FOX's last F.U. to the fans... a one final giant middle finger before Disney takes over.  :P

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 29, 2018, 11:17:14 AM
It's amazing how one single concept encapsulates everything you could possibly do wrong with AVP at once.

-Bring back Ellen Ripley.

-Introduce time-travel.

-Ignore realism.

-Retcon the timeline in favor of including a fan-favourite character.
That's dead/hasn't been born.

-(Possibly have an Ellen Ripley ancestor fighting an E.T.)

-Directly connect Alien and Predator.

I know you would prefer AvP in a alternate reality, but they are already connected in the general public's eyes. Audiences wouldn't suffer from shock and confusion if a new Alien 5 film... let's call it ALIEN: WARZONE featured a dead Predator carcass easteregg.  There wouldn't be a "OMIGOSH! THEY'RE CONNECTED?"

-Faux "Xenomorph" technology, aka;
non- "H.R Giger" tech that directly resembles the Alien itself.

-Ellen Ripley killing Predators.

-Lineage garbage.

-Predator pining for Alien-chan to notice it,
instead of standing on it's own two feet. Again.[
/i]

Come on TheOldOne. You're better than this sister! This is so silly. I know you like to look down at Predator from your Alien mountaintop from time to time, but this is 1 of 3 endings, that were created to replace a 4th original ending featuring Dutch. And this dumb Ripley ending was trashed for a Predator suit not involving Alien.  If the underlying effort of this end-scene was pining for the Alien-chan to notice it, they would have left it in, or do something different Alien related, and never would have first planned a Dutch appearance.  This is all just more dumb Shane Black...

And what do you mean again?  The easter-egg Alien skull on the ship trophy wall in "Predator 2", showing Predators are the biggest, baddest hunters in the galaxy?  Pinning to the Alien-chan was Stan Winston's motivation in the 1990 sequel to the original hit film 1987 "Predator"? Was that easter-egg in the trailers? I must have missed it.  ;)

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 29, 2018, 12:54:53 PM
I am starting to wonder if the predator was written as a joke/satire to the franchise.

It certainly feels that way.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Richman678 on Dec 29, 2018, 03:12:44 AM

That being said i really feel that Predator showcases the Alien waaaaay more than vice versa...
in fact i don't think the Predator has been showcased in any stand alone Alien movie at all.

It's not just me that notices it.
Alien has never directly referenced Predator, so it's currently a one-way street.

Regardless the point is,
Predator has to establish itself as being good on it's own merits for the modern era-
before even thinking about building a cinematic/crossover universe.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 29, 2018, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: Richman678 on Dec 29, 2018, 03:12:44 AM

That being said i really feel that Predator showcases the Alien waaaaay more than vice versa...
in fact i don't think the Predator has been showcased in any stand alone Alien movie at all.

It's not just me that notices it.
Alien has never directly referenced Predator, so it's currently a one-way street.

That's because it's inherently based on logic. Having a Predator in the background of an Alien movie serves no purpose, unless it's an AvP movie. But Predators, on the otherhand, are the deadliest hunters in the galaxy. They have ships. They fashion weapons and collect trophies. They adorn their bodies with them. Their nature invites the crossover.

And I believe you're not the only Alien fan that notices it, but it's a chocolate in my peanut butter, versus peanut butter on my chocolate arguement. But no one will be shocked to see chocolate and peanut butter together.  ;D

QuoteRegardless the point is,
Predator has to establish itself as being good on it's own merits for the modern era-
before even thinking about building a cinematic/crossover universe.

Yes, unfortunately Shane Black missed that boat on all fronts. Actually, he sunk the boat.  :'(

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Maybe its just another person named Ripley?

Vermillion

I feel like Sully.

Voodoo Magic

Geez. You're all acting like a time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley is a bad idea!!

IZE

At this point I would have much rather preferred a time traveling Ripley over the dumb ass Irom Man we got. Even just a facehugger tube or Queen Alien chestburster would have been better.

The Old One

The Old One

So drag both franchises through the dirt and confuse general audiences;
instead of the singular standalone entity "The Predator" ?
-I believe your hatred of the Iron-Man Predator suit blinds you to the fact, that;
A time-travelling, Predator killing, before-birth-back-from-the-dead Ripley-
is infinitely INFINITELY worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed