Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,255 times)

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Nov 11, 2021, 09:51:46 PM
issue 8 was good  art was bad as always

like the touches on the spinners religion (the song when they die/mouring the dead , what the church is called etc )
ending of the issue was kinda predictable
I know people have different taste and all but how can you call a action figure and movie stillls with a filter over them and call it art

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Nov 11, 2021, 09:51:46 PM
issue 8 was good  art was bad as always

like the touches on the spinners religion (the song when they die/mouring the dead , what the church is called etc )
ending of the issue was kinda predictable
Dang I misread your sentence you was saying the story was good I don't know the author acts like a ass and the plot has some plot holes so big you can fall through them

TilotnyWorshiper28

author  being an ass is dumb but I haven't seen any plot holes for this arc of the comic 

Nukiemorph

So the next issue comes out in March? That's a four month gap. Is this normal for Marvel lately?

I was expecting harsh deadlines & a strict monthly output on which we could blame the bad art...

Engineer

They're either slowing down the rate at which they're pumping them out...

... or they're running into publishing/distribution delays related to the pandemic...

Neither would surprise me. Are there similar delays with their other comics (i.e., spider-man) or is it just Alien?

TilotnyWorshiper28

its the supply chain issues   due to the pandemic .  a lot of the dates get shuffled about  crimson reign #2 and Star Wars #21 just got pushed to February  and doctor aphra is taking a month off in February . I'm sure theres other delays well see in the solicitations for February 

Local Trouble

What's on your pull list?

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Engineer on Nov 17, 2021, 07:41:04 PM
They're either slowing down the rate at which they're pumping them out...

... or they're running into publishing/distribution delays related to the pandemic...

Neither would surprise me. Are there similar delays with their other comics (i.e., spider-man) or is it just Alien?
They had change their distribution company a while ago I guess they just now getting hit by that i seen somw other teels woth their dates vhangeing also

Engineer

Yea I knew about that... but the pandemic is the real issue. They'd be having distribution issues now even if they stuck with their previous distributor.

Nightmare Asylum

TilotnyWorshiper28

this was only cause idw's publishing licence for all ages marvel and Star Wars was up. it holds no keys to the future for alien

Nightmare Asylum

Right, but it still confuses me a bit that Disney/Marvel need to do any outsourcing to begin with. Why can't their "all ages" stuff be done in house at Marvel as well? It can't be prior licensing details, since they're forging a new deal here with Dark Horse.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2021, 03:59:06 PM
Right, but it still confuses me a bit that Disney/Marvel need to do any outsourcing to begin with. Why can't their "all ages" stuff be done in house at Marvel as well? It can't be prior licensing details, since they're forging a new deal here with Dark Horse.
Because Disney likes to outsource and they also have Disney's own brand of comics that they do nothing with. dark horse just gave them a better offer then idw. they use darkhorse to publish art books like Rebels art book , Fallen order's art book and the upcoming Visions art book . it could be as simple as their stuff isn't getting as delayed as idw or there own marvel comics .

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2021, 03:29:17 PM
Not Alien but... relevant:

https://twitter.com/swbooks/status/1461351547971932161

Can somebody clarify to me: will DH be just a publisher for Marvel-produced comics or will they get to do new stuff with their home-brew writers and artists ?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 18, 2021, 05:42:41 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2021, 03:29:17 PM
Not Alien but... relevant:

https://twitter.com/swbooks/status/1461351547971932161

Can somebody clarify to me: will DH be just a publisher for Marvel-produced comics or will they get to do new stuff with their home-brew writers and artists ?
they will do there own all ages comics in eras from high republic to rise of the first order era with their own creative teams.  one of the first projects will probably be a book in phase 2 of high republic era continuing on the adventures of the cast from Star Wars high republic adventures 

Kradan

Well, then I genuinely happy for them. Hopefully, one day they'll get a chance to play with Alien again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed