Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,403 times)

Nelostic

Nelostic

After Alien Mosquito
Alies Hive become like Natural Selection the game!
Where in hive can be everyone who have alien DNA
(And+human DNA because aliens similar with human)
In hive can be
Alien spider queen
Alien leon queen
Etc
Etc!
Who more powerfull become queen and king
Of Giger jungle hive!

Wait super alien like The Thing!
Where hive become giger alien creepy city of devils!
Smart transform Aliens dangerous civilizations!
Like zergs or tyranids!
Etc!
With creepy biomechanical megapolis on alien planet!
With creepy alien emperor
It what engineers was fear!
Great end of saga!

It what Ridley Scott potencially did after prometheus and covenant!

It remember me on
Prometheus fire and stone comix! (dark horse)
But evolution of idea and it cool!
Wait sequel!
About alien planet! Planet of monsters
(Like on covenant concept art)
Where monsters with aliens DNA
(From Black Goo)
With epic final!

Oh i so want Alien and AvP game about it!
It will be cool!
Upgrade predator who stole DNA
Vs
Upgrade Alien who stole DNA
Like in character editor!
And alien-black goo like venom for engineers!
Androids like liquid terminators!
Etc
Etc!
This battle will be legendary!
In final war!
And it will be epic final!

Now i happy what alien now disney!
We have many books comics videogames and movies
With rating R
And possible unite AVP
And it cool!

But now old aliens
It just like humans in giger world.
Like apex predators of giger world!
Now we have many aliens creatures in this giger world!
And Alien Planet!

AvP now like Star Wars But Horror!
And it cool!
Wait sequel
And Final!

DavidIsDaddy

I liked bits and pieces of this latest Marvel-Alein run but to echo what others have said, making the synth team into super-heroes with axes and lightsabers and other melee weapons was completely stupid and nearly took me out of the entire storyline.

I also did not like how through all the carnage of slicing and dicing the xenos that the acid blood never came into play, at all?

Like obviously I understand they're synthetics and bad-ass elite fighters, but the reckless fighting having 0 repercussions in terms of the acid blood seemed completely dumb.

I want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt here because I hold out hope Alien will be revived to  its former glory, but stories like this just make that so hard.

Corporal Hicks

xShadowFoxX

I think you guys hit the nail on the head when you suggested it was basically a very superheroish Alien comic. Also, since you brought up Enemy of My Enemy, I'll be looking forward to that podcast when it arrives. :p

Engineer

I'm so glad PKJ is done writing alien comics

FinalNeal

I really enjoyed the Icarus storyline, and it's definitely the best of PKJ's run. As an action-focused heist story with xenomorphs I think it's really successful and fun to read, even though it sort of falls off at the end a bit. I can understand the criticisms but ultimately I can forgive the flaws because the book is fun and stylish and refreshing.

Plus I love a comic book that *knows* it's a comic and makes choices that take advantage of the format, and Icarus definitely does that

DavidIsDaddy

Genuinely hilarious, Eric / Xenomorphine is literally taking the words out of my mouth. We're kindred spirits.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FinalNeal on Apr 20, 2023, 04:57:08 PMPlus I love a comic book that *knows* it's a comic and makes choices that take advantage of the format, and Icarus definitely does that

I'm guessing you're referring to the superhero critique here. For me, the Alien comics (or the better ones) have always been more grounded in that cinematic or more serious feel so I understand where it being more superhero can stand out. If it were a crossover, I think it'd feel more in line with that, but it's not really the feel I think a lot of us are used to.

FinalNeal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2023, 07:39:33 AM
Quote from: FinalNeal on Apr 20, 2023, 04:57:08 PMPlus I love a comic book that *knows* it's a comic and makes choices that take advantage of the format, and Icarus definitely does that

I'm guessing you're referring to the superhero critique here. For me, the Alien comics (or the better ones) have always been more grounded in that cinematic or more serious feel so I understand where it being more superhero can stand out. If it were a crossover, I think it'd feel more in line with that, but it's not really the feel I think a lot of us are used to.

More specifically I mean the general design of the book - the bold color choices and how they create dynamic light and dark, the panel layouts, the stylized text for the sound effects and things like that. You mentioned in the episode the speech bubbles coming from the hands, which is a really creative way to represent sign language in a comic.

The design does tend to highlight the action and give it that superhero feel, which is very different from other Alien(s) books I've read, but as a comic book fan I'm just appreciative of the way the whole creative team built the pages.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed