Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 280,228 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quite inaccurate but kind of funny 😅

Back to childhood😍

Ivan The Insect

In latest public humiliation paleo news:

A Devonian Fish Tale: A New Method of Body Length Estimation Suggests Much Smaller Sizes for Dunkleosteus terrelli (Placodermi: Arthrodira)

I should feel bad for the fish but then again Dunkie here has been attributed as one of the causes for the slow but steady downfall of the giant sea scorpions' aquatic reign. Not any more I am sure!  ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Dunkleosteous terreli by Orribec

Quote from: Ivan The Insect on Feb 28, 2023, 05:32:05 PMIn latest public humiliation paleo news:

https://pub.mdpi-res.com/diversity/diversity-15-00318/article_deploy/html/images/diversity-15-00318-ag.png

A Devonian Fish Tale: A New Method of Body Length Estimation Suggests Much Smaller Sizes for Dunkleosteus terrelli (Placodermi: Arthrodira)

I should feel bad for the fish but then again Dunkie here has been attributed as one of the causes for the slow but steady downfall of the giant sea scorpions' aquatic reign. Not any more I am sure!  ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Amazing art by RJ Palmer depicting a Tyrannosaurus Rex hunting a Pachycephalosaurus

Stitch

That is gorgeous

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! and in addition to the remarkable quality, I love how it portrays these fascinating creatures in the most naturalistic way possible. I mean like real animals, which is what they really were. 😅

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Interesting. Not sure about the animation style, though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 29, 2023, 04:36:40 PMInteresting. Not sure about the animation style, though.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about the art style either. But I've been interested in the idea of sapiens dinosaurs lately. And noope, I'm not a believer in lizard people from conspiracy theories.. 🤣

...but more like in the so called 'Silurian hypothesis' 🤔 although this seems more fantasy...but Hey! but I love dinosaurs anyways 🤓

Quote from: Cambridge University Press & Assessment~ Abstract

If an industrial civilization had existed on Earth many millions of years prior to our own era, what traces would it have left and would they be detectable today? We summarize the likely geological fingerprint of the Anthropocene, and demonstrate that while clear, it will not differ greatly in many respects from other known events in the geological record. We then propose tests that could plausibly distinguish an industrial cause from an otherwise naturally occurring climate event.

The Silurian hypothesis: would it be possible to detect an industrial civilization in the geological record?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed