Alien: Solara and Charon. Alien fan audio dramas.

Started by Anarchist86ed, Sep 15, 2019, 03:06:46 AM

Author
Alien: Solara and Charon. Alien fan audio dramas. (Read 13,579 times)

XenoHunter99

Good to see you are pushing forward with this. Your cast seems to work out quite well for you now. Cheers to all that.

Corporal Hicks

As always, enjoyed the work on it. Curious to see where the story goes now. As an aside, is someone from one of the Star Trek shows in the cast now? Someone sounded super familiar.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2020, 01:21:44 PM
As always, enjoyed the work on it. Curious to see where the story goes now. As an aside, is someone from one of the Star Trek shows in the cast now? Someone sounded super familiar.

Frack if I know. Maybe. What star trek show?

I forgot to post the usual fun references. I'm sure the two people who care are upset.  ;D

Easy street plays as Forrester finds the "gloppified" mercenary. A continued reference to the unfortunate merc put there by Kylen. He was always meant to meet a gooey end.

The way to operations is a little cluttered, AKA barricades.

"Why does the bloody thing sound like a toddler?" In Canon, Newt was only 6 years old even though in Alien 3 she was much older.

"Head shaped like a canoe." Is how it was described in Alien: Out Of The Shadows.

Complaining about not getting to spend much time at Hadley's is my way of dragging it out.

Chase wrote and put together his Forrester post credits scene.

McLaren mentions they're not looking for a Lou Gehrig baseball card, they're looking for a treasure. Unless you've never seen The Goonies, you're not going to get this one. Carter then informs them to keep the references to a minimum. Which was what someone said in a YouTube comment.

"Fungus forest on his testicles." This is actually a personal reference to a friend of mine who watched ear fungus removal videos on the internet and wished a fungus forest would grow on his balls so he could scratch it with a screwdriver. He's... weird.

Carter's access code is the coordinates to Earth. Also, there must be some kind of way out of here.

Ever been to the Tech Noir club?

5 day all expenses paid trip to Disney planet is apparently too expensive for Weyland-Yutani, a soon to be subsidiary of the the Walt Disney Company. Which it actually is now. In a way anyway. McLaren references, for the second time, that Wey-Yu is about to become a part of the house of mouse, just like Captain Anderson did in Solara.

Kylen "John McClane's" it. Newt apparently never watched Die Hard.

The readout sound effects are stereotypical 1980s computer read out sound effects.

"Bastard got AJ". Ok, that was my way of referencing the person who nearly torpedoed this project. Petty I know.  ::)

What's to come in part 6?

Kylen and McLaren fly "The Snake" and stumble onto something Carter desperately wants. And Carter detects a very faint signal on one of the moons orbiting Calpamos as the company starts to take interest in his secrets.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on May 22, 2020, 02:24:18 AM

Your synth (I forget her name) sounds like someone from Excelsior or Outpost.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2020, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: Anarchist86ed on May 22, 2020, 02:24:18 AM

Your synth (I forget her name) sounds like someone from Excelsior or Outpost.

I don't even know her real name, so if she's listed in the cast she could be there.

XenoHunter99

Good to know a Part 6 will be coming!

Anarchist86ed

I've had to come to an unfortunate, but inevitable decision about the future of Solara. A big announcement will be made soon.

Will not effect the future of Charon or any other projects.

Not that anyone even cares.  ;D

XenoHunter99

I care. I care quite a lot, actually. From your tone, it's surely bad news. Sorry to hear Solara will probably not reach a conclusion. Still hoping for the best, though you've had a tough run of it.

Anarchist86ed

Now for an announcement no one cares about.

This is rumor control, and here are the facts.

This series is not returning. Not as it is. Two reasons: Voice actors are simply too unreliable for the most part. I would have to cast AGAIN to do a final episode. And I've been threatened if I don't remove content that contains someone's voice. I won't name names or go into details, but I decided for my own benefit I'll do as threatened and let this series fall into the darkness. I've been threatened by voice actors before so this was no surprise given previous behavior. All I will say is some people think they're super stars. So Alien: Solara is no more.

Until I remake it with an extremely limited new cast who will record everything in one go and will be made absolutely clear they will never make any money off of this.

As for Charon, we've lost important people for that too. It's no surprise. I currently don't know what to do with it.

I advise if you ever want to do stuff like this, maybe it's best to not bother. People will end up wanting money and threaten you with lawyers and copyright strikes. Disney hasn't given me any problems, not even a threat to nuke me from orbit.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear mate. Really enjoyed what you'd put together so far, you're a fantastic audio engineer.

Stitch

That is a damn shame. People suck.

Anarchist86ed

Listen/Download while you can.  ::) I have a "deadline".

The new series, currently, will be a film length release and not multiple parts. And a lot of changes so it won't be like listening to the same thing again.

We did get offers to donate to a patreon, and I refused every time. And that ticked some people off. They refused to understand why I didn't want to get sued. It always comes down to money. I always said they could use it to promote themselves and use it on their patreon as an example of their work, just never ask for money to do it. But that was never good enough. I'm basically working poor, worse these days, and people still try to put their hands in my pocket to root around.

Again, I really suggest you just don't bother unless you get people you know and trust. It's just more trouble than it's ever worth. It might be fun for a while, then the egos come out and so do empty hands.

Solara will fly again... to the money. Just not MY money.

XenoHunter99

That is ass! Sorry that happened to you. I repeat my previous offer for future endeavors. The door remains open. Fan projects are exactly that and people who work on fan projects should know what they're signing up to do. Bad break that it didn't turn out that way for you. You do good work. Anyway, best to you. I hope 2021 treats you better than 2020 did.

Anarchist86ed

I don't think 2021 could be worse, but then again, I just blew $137 on a replacement power supply for my laptop I don't even need because of thanks to my power companies negligence. But, hey, one more punch in the nuts from 2020 is no surprise.

We'll be doing casting sometime in the next few months.

XenoHunter99

Never a dull moment!

I'll keep an eye out for that :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed