Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 78,232 times)

Perfect-Organism

I abandoned The Life and Death series after Predator #2.  I can't tolerate averageness, much less the idea of Predators and Engineers co-existing.  I'm out.  I still buy Defiance but so far nothing has topped issues 1 and 2.  If there is to be less and less of Tristan's art, I fear this series may be on a downward trajectory.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Just read Alien L&D and well hallifrigginlooya! Finally a nice issue! This one actually took almost twice the smount of time to read that the first one. Now I'm liking the story! No arguing and bittering amongst characters just good old planning and taking action. Could it be because Galgo is not around?

I was wondering where he was until he finally showed up and damn that was funny...llooks like he's been beating around the bushes down there. You actually feel for him this time. Though I hope he doesn't steal the dropship again.

Anyhow, art and story were pretty good in this one! Issue 3 should be great!

It's good that help has arrived. I feel like I was stuck on that planet with the crew forever. If that was the whole intention, it worked. Would have been nice if they had explored more Engineer installations & tombs but I guess if you're just trying to survive...

happypred

I expected more from L&D and from Abnett

The series is just...OK...mediocre...disappointing actually

The story, the action, the art style...everything is merely passable

Russ840

I really like the last page, although it reminded me of Sam Keith's Aliens art.

426Buddy

I really liked Aliens L&D #2, art still leaves a lot to be desired though.

Also my delivery person left the package out in the rain and it was ruined. A very soggy issue. :-\

Everlasting Undead

I really like my massive oversized hardback compilation of all the Fire & Stone series... But my bookshelf is a little off-balance at the moment, will this series be coming out in as equally as lavish a package?

Russ840

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Oct 27, 2016, 07:51:11 PM
I really like my massive oversized hardback compilation of all the Fire & Stone series... But my bookshelf is a little off-balance at the moment, will this series be coming out in as equally as lavish a package?

There has. It been a announcement yet but i would say it is likely. The complete edition won't be solicited till at least all the trades have been released.

Everlasting Undead

I'll hold off then... I can wait, I guess.

Ultramorph

Dark Horse'a February 2017 solicitations are up! Beware of spoilers, as usual.
http://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comics-february-2017-solicitations/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
Spoiler
It will be kind of cool if Defiance takes us to Earth. We don't get to see it too much, even in the comics.

That AVP cover is pretty awesome, too!
[close]

Ultramorph

The March 2017 solicitations are up. Beware of spoilers! I was hoping the Omega issue of Life and Death would be out in March, but it looks like we'll have to wait until April.
http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/dark-horse-comics-march-2017-solicitations/

HuDaFuK

As per usual, that Defiance cover and synopsis gets thumbs up from me.

Corporal Hicks

It feels like that is winding down. How many issues are there going to be in Defiance? 12?

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 09:25:16 AM
It feels like that is winding down. How many issues are there going to be in Defiance? 12?

It's 12 issues, yeah. There has been talk of the series continuing, from Tristan I think, a while back, if the sales were good but I think that there is a finite story being told in the 12 issues we are getting.

Any get the impression that this "freefalling" is where extravehicular fits in ?  I know Tristan said things have changed slightly over time since that was released.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:33:23 AMAny get the impression that this "freefalling" is where extravehicular fits in ?  I know Tristan said things have changed slightly over time since that was released.

It'd certainly fit in with what the synopsis gives away.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2016, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:33:23 AMAny get the impression that this "freefalling" is where extravehicular fits in ?  I know Tristan said things have changed slightly over time since that was released.

It'd certainly fit in with what the synopsis gives away.

Spoiler
i wonder if the strangely shaped headed alien in extra vehiclular is the same creature That Hollis just extracted ?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed