Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,800 times)

MajorB

Quote from: Pauli on Apr 28, 2017, 02:32:41 PM
Just watched the preview of the crew landing and the backburster scene.All I will say is that there's a fine line between horror and comedy,well for me atleast.
When Faris got her foot trapped between the door I couldn't help but find it all rather amusing,especially as the little Neomorph fella looks horrifically cute in the process.I'm pretty certain this wasn't R.Scott's intention ;)

On the contrary, I thought it was supposed to be a little funny. They do the slipping on blood pratfall twice in the same sequence, even. Prometheus had a macabre sense of humor, too, and I'm glad that element has carried over.

Marcus9000

It's all coming along rather nicely.

Loved The Crossing prologue.

I do agree that David did know exactly how long it would take to get to the Homeworld (he can speak their language, pilot their ships etc so he can study their data & info aboard the Juggernaut) but I wonder if he doesn't wake Shaw to protect her, or indeed she is ill and he knows it, and his motive for the film is to try and either cure Shaw or gain bloody revenge for what the Engineers have done or would have done to humanity (even though it was he who infected Holloway).

Or as someone else mentioned, David could be telling is story from his point of view.

I tend to think Shaw is alive in the movie just because they are actually showing us clues she's dead (the dog tags etc) and I think they will want to surprise us.

Maybe Shaw escapes on to the Covenant at the climax or more likely she sacrifices herself in order to let the Covenant crew escape Paradise.

Intriguing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hfeldhaus

Quote from: MajorB on Apr 28, 2017, 02:55:52 PM
Quote from: Pauli on Apr 28, 2017, 02:32:41 PM
Just watched the preview of the crew landing and the backburster scene.All I will say is that there's a fine line between horror and comedy,well for me atleast.
When Faris got her foot trapped between the door I couldn't help but find it all rather amusing,especially as the little Neomorph fella looks horrifically cute in the process.I'm pretty certain this wasn't R.Scott's intention ;)

On the contrary, I thought it was supposed to be a little funny. They do the slipping on blood pratfall twice in the same sequence, even. Prometheus had a macabre sense of humor, too, and I'm glad that element has carried over.

I haven't seen the backburster sequence but macabre sense of humour is a constant throughout all the Alien films.

Pauli

Watching that scene and this is the one thing that instantly sprung to mind.

Ulfer

QuoteOr as someone else mentioned, David could be telling is story from his point of view.
It is a possibility - an unreliable narrator.
But actually I think it's more interesting to have a complex David character, who would truly have some positive relationship with Shaw : it's more stimulating.

rabidranger

I'll be very interested to see what Shaw's status as I'm clinging to the idea her "awakening " will be covered in the next film.

rabidranger

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 28, 2017, 04:23:04 PM
lol Shaw is done.

Yeah, probably. Seems like a shame though. Hope she gets some kind of moment in the sun in Covenant. ...

Ragonk_Force

I still want to see david gigerfy her

Adorianu

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 28, 2017, 04:36:59 PM
I still want to see david gigerfy her

xDDD You cruel cruel men :D

echobbase79

I assuming she dies in the crash while in cryo-sleep? Ridley has now resorted to Alien 3 tactics!

I'm kidding of course, but I really can't figure out what's happened to her.

Evanus

Well, according to the leaks
Spoiler
David experimented on her. So I assume she dies because of that, somehow.
[close]

Which is a bit confusing, since he genuinely seemed to like Shaw in this clip. But perhaps he was lying.

cliffhanger

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 28, 2017, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 28, 2017, 10:12:50 AM
You could thus argue that the citizens on the planet have been left 'behind' for 2000 years.

But still have working technology that supports a 2000 year old ships arrival... via docking procedures ?  :-\

These *engineers* seem devolved but still have older tech circa 2000 years old perhaps?

dude did you even see prometheus? i mean for real dude, they just activated a ship that was 2000 years old,
they woke up a engineer that was sleeping for 2000 years, and they decided to also activate another 2000 year old ship.
is that even an honest question there because i can't begin to grasp how on earth that wouldn't be a problem but on another planet,
it would? for real.

chris_bert

I'm curious if anyone has a good or reasonable theory as to how the Juggernaught (sp.) that we see Shaw and David in ends up crashing on the planet?

Spoiler
In the video release on Alien Day we saw David dock the Juggernaught with the Scorpionaught so it seems that it's safely docked at the time that David unleashes the accelerant on the Engineer's homeworld to annihilate them so it seems the Juggernaught is safely secured to the Scorpionaught while David unleashes his volley. I recall some vague guesses by other members in the forum about the Juggernaught crashing, but I can't recall since we saw the new bridge video if anyone had more details about how it might have crashed. I checked the information again the 4chan leak/spoiler information, but I didn't see any explanation as to how or why David and Shaw's Juggernaught crashed. Any guesses or does someone actually have verified details why the Juggernaught might have crashed.
[close]

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 28, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Well, according to the leaks
Spoiler
David experimented on her. So I assume she dies because of that, somehow.
[close]

Which is a bit confusing, since he genuinely seemed to like Shaw in this clip. But perhaps he was lying.

Maybe David takes advantage of a bad situation  (i.e. Shaw has side effects from her experiences in Prometheus or gets exposed to the black goo)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed