The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,505 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I look forward to seeing both, old and new Aliens!

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 24, 2016, 08:31:05 PM
Love that Beluga alien as well. Not sure how the new throat and back bursters scenes will look though.

Same, but I can't wait to find out!

CainsSon

CainsSon

This got me thinking - If these spores are breathed-in, then that could play into the Pilot suit with it's elephantine, respirator-tube.

Whats also interesting is that now, it would seem that where the crew of the Covenant crashes is on some planet, where the Engineers tried to Engineer life, and perhaps, this time they used a slightly different variant from the Goo that made us. The result being this lush 'Paradise' where life begins, somewhat DIFFERENTLY.

The other possibility, based on some of the leaked set photos, is that Paradise was over-run with the Goo, in an attempt to 'Evolve' the Engineers and it wiped them out before spawning THIS STUFF.

Maybe their gods tried to evolve them?

This whole mythology just got even BIGGER than it did in PROMETHEUS. Anyone else seeing that?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know, this does open up the of possibilities of humans releasing the alien or working with the engineers against a greater foe. Both of which would be stupid. I mean just how is the Alien with a capital A going to be introduced...

oduodu

oduodu

Corporal you mentioned the Gibson script that had airborne spores. Do I remember correctly that it was a queen that released those spores? Was the spores released form a pod on her tail? And I remember that those infected by it basically changed very suddenly. I mean just of the bat that is what remember more or less.

As for the trees having been infected by goo and carrying pods it seems that it is as Xenomorphine says not really a continuation of canon as it is a complete turn around of the original idea.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 24, 2016, 03:20:51 PM
So, basically, they rewatched the old 'Firewalker' episode fo 'The X-Files' and decided to shunt it into this. :) It's really not original.

What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

If this is what happens with the black ooze, all those characters stranded on that world in the ecosystem from the new comics, should have all succumbed to this fate.

Hope they don't do literal interpretations of that albino whale concept art, though. Those things always looked as awkward and chunky as f**k to me. Definitely not as iconic without Giger's typical biomechanical detailing. Maybe if they added that sort of aethetic and made it look properly intimidating, instead of just a white slab of lard with teeth. Size, alone, was not what made the original classic design so intimidating or timeless.

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 12:57:13 PM
The normal xeno isnt scary anymore, its just cannon fodder.

'Alien Isolation' (and the two original films) prove that assumption completely wrong. It's all about presentation.

QuoteHaving a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

But... That's practically what the normal Alien design already does.
I didnt find the xeno in Isolation scary, the way it moved was a complete laugh to me, worker Joe on the other hand was a complete nerve buster and scarier then a xeno, ehm the first two movies are irrelevant in this, its about the new presentation.
I see the old xeno as an old car that was hot back then and fast, lets say a Ferrari its now as fast as a standard BMW.
A big black clunky xeno doesnt cut it anymore, you need a fast flexibel strong creeper and he has to be huge to scare the shits out of you.
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.

oduodu

oduodu

I am very excited that we will see the effect of the goo on an entire ecosystem BUT what concerns is that we might be having a bit of the Prometheus syndrome where basically nothing fits with anything else. Or contradicts what was previously shown. Its early days I know but i am cautious that we might end up with too many loose ends. But still very excited.

Thanks for the info Corporal. Also for the fake script thread.

windebieste

windebieste

'Neomorph'?  Sounds like he's identifying the chestburster rather than the adult creature. 

Which would be fine with me.  Neomorph is a great descriptor for the newly emerged Alien from its host, literally, 'new shape'.  It's a much more fitting name than 'chestburster'.  While chestburster is descriptive and long established now, it is a clumsy and awkward moniker that probably needs an update for the sake of general terminology.  Especially if these things are going to start emerging from alternate body places like the throat and back. 

I'd be happy to see neomorph enter canon as an alternate name for this early stage of the Alien regardless of its exit point in the body - or in the case of some examples like the one in 'ALIEN: Resurrection' where it is removed manually and the original term is inadequate but the word 'neomorph' fits perfectly.

Anyway, we'll see.  Still a long way to go and for all we know he meant 'xenomorph' and couldn't remember the word.

Ack... still too long to wait before this movie is released.  lol.

-Windebieste.

KillCrites

KillCrites

Sounds sweet. I love this concept. ;D

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 09:04:04 PM
So, basically, they rewatched the old 'Firewalker' episode fo 'The X-Files' and decided to shunt it into this. :) It's really not original.

What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

If this is what happens with the black ooze, all those characters stranded on that world in the ecosystem from the new comics, should have all succumbed to this fate.

Hope they don't do literal interpretations of that albino whale concept art, though. Those things always looked as awkward and chunky as f**k to me. Definitely not as iconic without Giger's typical biomechanical detailing. Maybe if they added that sort of aethetic and made it look properly intimidating, instead of just a white slab of lard with teeth. Size, alone, was not what made the original classic design so intimidating or timeless.

'Alien Isolation' (and the two original films) prove that assumption completely wrong. It's all about presentation.

QuoteHaving a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

I didnt find the xeno in Isolation scary, the way it moved was a complete laugh to me, worker Joe on the other hand was a complete nerve buster and scarier then a xeno, ehm the first two movies are irrelevant in this, its about the new presentation.
I see the old xeno as an old car that was hot back then and fast, lets say a Ferrari its now as fast as a standard BMW.
A big black clunky xeno doesnt cut it anymore, you need a fast flexibel strong creeper and he has to be huge to scare the shits out of you.
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.

To some of us the Alien is a character though, a childhood hero if you will. To see the '79 Alien recreated lovingly on the big screen would be the equivalent of your favourite band playing your favourite deep cut from their second album that they've only played once before. The HR Giger Alien hasn't been topped by any single one original creature feature in 37 years. Nor has the Great white shark in countless imitators and further iterations of Jaws since '75. To be honest it's the skill of whose behind the camera that really elevates Jaws, the Alien design helped Scott just as much as he helped it.

i work in film

i work in film

I'd like to state for the record this is absolutely not true.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I highly disagree. That may have been your reaction to isolation but the game was praised by many in the gaming and alien community for making the creature scary again. Personally I though they succeeded in making the Alien intimidating and frightening, something I didn't think was possible anymore.

Anyhing within reason can be scary, it just depends on the context. The creature is plenty scary in the right hands.

g2vd

g2vd

You sound like Robert with his I-Pod Predators. lol

Nostromo

Nostromo

I think Isolation was a grand slam home run for the Alien community and franchise as a whole. And it couldn't have came at a better time.

After all the setbacks and letdowns starting with AVP, AVPR, AVP the game in 2010 & Aliens Colonial Marines this was much needed & appreciated, by most.

Anonymous

Anonymous

No, just NO. The picture seems lame. There is no art to that alien-type. It looks simply as hybrid of Giger alien and human. Very bad in my opinion.

windebieste

windebieste

Yep.  We needed to land that home run.  Luckily we got that game and it delivered in ways those previous items failed.

I wonder how much the game has influenced 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Does anyone know if Scott played the game?  Bet he shit himself if he did and probably thought "Hell, this is good but no video game is going to outdo me like this."  The movie may well turn out to be a hybrid of 'ALIEN: Isolation' and 'Prometheus' with its own identity thrown into the mix.

Either way, I hope we get to find out what Scott thought about the game.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed