Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 69,790 times)

Alien³

Stay on topic guys.

A 119 min run time would do for me :)

Glaive

We were never at war...

"Hi, I'm Glaive, and I'm a "Prometheus-o-holic...Nice ta know ya!!"

ikarop

Quote from: Darkoo on Apr 12, 2012, 03:38:37 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 12, 2012, 03:14:52 PM
Is the runtime confirmed on that Youtube video? The French voice over is giving me a headache...

Source
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hu&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silence-action.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fapercu-prometheus-science-fiction-prestige%2F

I know :). Fox France posted the recording but I'm trying to get the actual quote from Ridley for the news. The question about the director's cut is asked at minute 30 but the voice over is way to loud to make out the words.

Prime113

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 12, 2012, 03:58:29 PM
We were never at war...

"Hi, I'm Glaive, and I'm a "Prometheus-o-holic...Nice ta know ya!!"

:laugh: Yes, we were never at war, but as Alien3 said, we were getting off-topic just a little.  :)

ThisBethesdaSea

119 minutes would be awesome! :-*

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 12, 2012, 04:56:24 PM
119 minutes would be awesome! :-*

lol just round it up... 1 Min off by 2 hours? wow if it's true..  still tho...

A.L.I.E.N  Runtime: 117 Min  | 116 min (director's cut)

Aliens Runtime: 137 Min  and the USA: 154 min (special edition)

Alien³ Runtime: 114 min  | 145 min (2003 Special 'Assembly Cut' Edition)

Alien Resurrection Runtime: 109 min  | 116 min (2003 Special Edition)

Prometheus Runtime: 119 Min (hope we get around 140 min on the blu-ray)

Damn, still better than nothing.

Samus007

2 hours is more than enough time to have my mind blown. I do have a feeling now though that the movie will be PG-13 and those extra 17 mins will be the NR (R) version we will get on Blu-Ray. But, even if it is PG-13, i'm sure it will still be an amazing film.

ThisBethesdaSea

I've asked this before but....why can't Fox release 2 versions?? Is there a law against it?

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 12, 2012, 06:49:22 PM
I've asked this before but....why can't Fox release 2 versions?? Is there a law against it?

It's not financially feasible and would likely confuse the audience. Not to mention potentially divide and then lose some of their audience.

Samus007

I think, and lets just say it's going to be PG 13, there is no reason why the IMAX 3D versions can't be rated R, and the other versions be rated PG-13.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Samus007 on Apr 12, 2012, 06:56:31 PM
I think, and lets just say it's going to be PG 13, there is no reason why the IMAX 3D versions can't be rated R, and the other versions be rated PG-13.

If they're all PG-13, they make that much more money. That's why.

Samus007

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 12, 2012, 06:57:48 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Apr 12, 2012, 06:56:31 PM

If they're all PG-13, they make that much more money. That's why.
I do agree to some extent, but lets be honest, those IMAX 3D versions are going to be sell-outs even at an R rating. And the film only gets about a 2 week run in IMAX before being replaced by the next big release anyway.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 12, 2012, 06:52:37 PM

It's not financially feasible and would likely confuse the audience. Not to mention potentially divide and then lose some of their audience.

Shrek 2 had 2 versions out in the cinema. One for kids which had the sexual references removed and the full theatrical cut. its been done before

Berserker Pred

Great new! 2 hours is the perfect run time i think, plenty can happen in 2 hours! And there will be an extended cut too! This is awesome news!

T Dog

T Dog

Well I doubt I'm jumping the gun in assuming the rating with be PG-13.

It's just complete and utter nonsense now though to go and pay to see something well aware that I'm not being provided with the proper product. We know it's watered down now. It's a fact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed