Bad reviews dnt mean alot.

Started by Spectre, Dec 20, 2007, 09:26:57 PM

Author
Bad reviews dnt mean alot. (Read 25,900 times)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteWhat people are forgetting is this AVP there never gonna beat the originals, you should just look at them as fun films and hopefully they are.

So basically AVPR is on the same level as Freddy vs Jason.  I have nothing against Freddy vs Jason but AVPR could and SHOULD have more substance.

Tender Branson

Tender Branson

Dragon-Pred: I was hoping to enjoy some of the fight scenes and I was hoping at least part of the movie would be memorable. But it all went down so fast(thank you short running time), that it just sort of ended, I left the theatre and tommorow I won't even remember half of what was going on.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 20, 2007, 10:05:48 PM
QuoteWhat people are forgetting is this AVP there never gonna beat the originals, you should just look at them as fun films and hopefully they are.

So basically AVPR is on the same level as Freddy vs Jason.  I have nothing against Freddy vs Jason but AVPR could and SHOULD have more substance.

I know I want them to be good as well but do you really think they could comapre to Aliens one of camerons best film nd the first pred film that set a standard for action/sc-fi.
I think the thing that shot them in the foot from day one is setting it on earth but we all know that but then it could still turn into crappy ressurection. Im just gonna try and enjoy it for what it is and if it pisses me off then I wont watch it again.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 20, 2007, 10:09:21 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 20, 2007, 10:05:48 PM

So basically AVPR is on the same level as Freddy vs Jason.  I have nothing against Freddy vs Jason but AVPR could and SHOULD have more substance.

I know I want them to be good as well but do you really think they could comapre to Aliens one of camerons best film nd the first pred film that set a standard for action/sc-fi.
I think the thing that shot them in the foot from day one is setting it on earth but we all know that but then it could still turn into crappy ressurection. Im just gonna try and enjoy it for what it is and if it pisses me off then I wont watch it again.

You expect way to much from these films I mean u guys dnt really realise that the Strauses saved us from a Chet with plasma caster and from a lot of other stupid crap give them some credit if this movie is at least entertaining b/c the other movie would have been f**king horrible

Lionhart

Lionhart

Well, as I said before, I will see this movie before I can judge it.

But whats bothering me is that COLIN said, (We made a movie for the fans, and you will like it)

most of them who seen the film has already said it SUCKT ASS.

What does it take to make a good movie nowdays? God damnit.

tommygun

tommygun

They could only dream about matching Scott Or Cameron, but they the reality is they fall way short of the mark.

Dasani

Dasani

Most of the reviews were written by alien fans, who have to have this movie by default.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: Lionhart on Dec 20, 2007, 10:10:58 PM

But whats bothering me is that COLIN said, (We made a movie for the fans, and you will like it)

Very hard to make a good movie knowadays considering stuff like stealing other peoples ideas It just has become alot harder to make great movies (not saying there arent good movies)

Tender Branson

Tender Branson

QuoteMost of the reviews were written by alien fans, who have to have this movie by default.

I am an alien fan. I didn't like the idea of Wolf killing a bunch of aliens before I seen it, but that is probably the last thing I hate about it, as of now.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Dragon-Pred on Dec 20, 2007, 10:13:10 PM

Very hard to make a good movie knowadays considering stuff like stealing other peoples ideas It just has become alot harder to make great movies (not saying there arent good movies)

Yeah.

Well if hollywood would stop making so many god damn movies maybe there would be good movies nowdays.

I mean they are producing so many films every f**king day that they are out of ideas. So what do they do? They do remakes and stuff like that, And that sucks even MORE.

nukem11

nukem11

Talented directors for one who have good visions.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: Lionhart on Dec 20, 2007, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: Dragon-Pred on Dec 20, 2007, 10:13:10 PM

I mean they are producing so many films every f**king day that they are out of ideas.

Exactly just look at Steven Kings the Mist shows that ppl eventually run out of good ideas Not all his movies were good but some made you think and well others were just plain...

Yautja161

Yautja161

I really liked this review that just has been posted on the positive review topic.
spoiler!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92717906?d=92717906&p=1#92717906

A real positive review, this shows its a a very nice movie to see,
"we cant really compare it like the original movies, but for its budget it looks twice as good"
I still cant wait to see the movie!!!

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 20, 2007, 10:16:00 PM

Talented directors for one who have good visions.

I dont think Cameron and John McTiernan will ever touch an Alien or an Predator film again.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Yautja161 on Dec 20, 2007, 10:18:35 PM
I really liked this review that just has been posted on the positive review topic.
spoiler!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92717906?d=92717906&p=1#92717906

A real positive review, this shows its a a very nice movie to see,
"we cant really compare it like the original movies, but for its budget it looks twice as good"
I still cant wait to see the movie!!!

"In the end its not the epic space opera that many wanted but it is a fun monster romp that exploits the Aliens on Earth storyline and offers the most interesting Predator character since the original."

Thats good enough for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed