MTV AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, Sep 11, 2007, 05:18:10 PM

Author
MTV AvP2 Interview (Read 15,180 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, this one really deserves a news post of its own considering the amount of spoilers in this MTV Interview. Directors Greg and Colin Strause talked to MTV:

“Type the words “Alien” and “Predator” into Google, and three thoughts on the state of the franchise become clear: The fans consider 2004′s “AVP: Alien vs. Predator” to be a mockery of all they hold dear; they maintain hope that some filmmaker, someday, will capture the magic of the comics, novels and video games that established the brand; and finally, that the new red-band trailer for December 25′s “Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem” kicks some serious ass. “The studio knew that, although the last movie made a lot of money, it didn’t really resonate solidly with the fans,” admitted Greg Strause, one-half of the filmmaking duo billed as the Brothers Strause. “To get the same people back into the theater a second time, it was gonna be a bit of an uphill battle.”

Read the MTV Interview for lots more stuff or click Read More for the most interesting points. Thanks to Lovely Man for the news.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

A Predalien queen is a sacrifice that we have to make, LOOK AT WHAT WE ARE GETTING!!!!!!!!!

Predhunter

Predhunter

In AVP movies, you will only have predaliens . This leaves room for a new aliens movie...Maybe...

dDave

dDave

so no normal queen, i dont know   ???  , but its something new and thats cool!    ;)     ;D  

Keyes

Keyes

WTF is wrong with a PredAlien Queen?! It's probably young so it's gonna be small.  Why do you oppose it Darkness?

Chris

Chris

Well ... i have no problem with brenda, my predalien queen.  I like the Idea!   BUUUTT ... i dont understand, how this could be a sequel. I mean .. its a different ship .. but Scar is on this ship?  Or will be there an explanation, how one facehugger (queen hugger) hugg a predator?  greetz

Keyes

Keyes

p.s. sorry for implied swearing   :P  

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

So we do indeed get a set up for AVP3 at the end! Very cool.

JK

JK

Too much news between yesterday and today. I think a new trailer is coming close.

Darkness

Darkness

Just don't like the concept. There is no need for a Predalien Queen. It doesn't serve any purpose over a regular Queen.

Cellien

Cellien

@DazAVP1:  If you read the interview, you would see that they said the Predalien is LARGER than a normal Alien.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

I don't see that anywhere in the interview, it only says her head is like the alien queen's head.

Keyes

Keyes

No, sorry I mean small as in smaller than a regular Queen(referring to the original news post).  Because we've never seen one on a movie before, I think we need to be a bit more open minded as to how these things work out. We should be prepared to see certain aspects of the aliens we haven't seen before. I think a lot of people are afraid to see new things because we love what works, and any news that adds to this is frowned apon. After 30 years, we need new elements.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I am glad it takes of from AVP, so people can't ignore it now    ;D  

Rogue

Rogue

What a bunch of shit. Predalien is a she and will produce eggs? WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THIS? I don't agree with a sentence "after 30 years we need new elements". f**k no, we need old, good elements showed in a new way. Predalien female. Fuuuuck.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed