Prometheus Med Pod 720i

Started by ikarop, Apr 12, 2012, 07:48:49 PM

Author
Prometheus Med Pod 720i (Read 10,746 times)

ikarop

ikarop

T Dog

T Dog

I wish I didn't know what F**king purpose this played in the movie.

I've decided not to take responsibility for my inquisitiveness and instead blame modern marketing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's where we see Shaw and the Squid thing in the trailer, isn't it?

T Dog

T Dog

Yeah.

Really.

You would think they would just leave out certain stuff from trailers. There is NO way we would know otherwise. Elements of it were in the leaked trailer and also in the official trailer.

People are kidding themselves if they think the marketing department won't ruin this movie in it's trailers etc despite the fact that the film-maker kept everything under such close wraps. They don't care.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Oh my god.

I find lack of fandom's faith disturbing.

The purpose of these pictures with "what-is-what" texts is that you will spend few seconds analyzing what is it about, and these informations will be stored back in your mind, so when you will be watching actual movie in the cinema, your brain will be perceiving the scene as a whole, not only focus your mind to a certain element.. And of course, it also part of the viral/marketing.

T Dog

T Dog

I'd rather not see these things till after the movie comes out.

But my issue is that HUGE plot surprises are in the advertisements.

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that everything we speculate as huge spoilers are actually nothing compared to what we see in the movie... while it may not be the case, I hope these things are the tip of the iceberg!

T Dog

T Dog

I hope you are right ryan.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Apr 12, 2012, 08:43:39 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that everything we speculate as huge spoilers are actually nothing compared to what we see in the movie... while it may not be the case, I hope these things are the tip of the iceberg!

I sure hope you are right.

T Dog

T Dog

The only huge spoilers I can think of that I may or may not know about are:

Shaw and the C section

and

Spoiler
Idris Elba killing himself to take down the ship
[close]

and
Spoiler
If the ship is crashing, I know the running takes place in the third act
[close]

WOW THANKS MODERN TRAILERS THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The only solace I can think of is that PLOT/STORY wise I really know very little at all.
I know the Jockeys are kind of Gods and shit will hit the fan. That's about it.

I hope this truly is a "big ideas" movie and a mood movie. Somebody said the footage shown the other day had a big Blade Runner vibe. I sure hope so.

Then it'll take the sting out of certain spoilers.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

None of the medpod is necessary, though. Why don't they just freeze her?

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

If you think about it though... even the things we discuss as spoilers we know nothing about lol.

The head was one of the first things shown... what is it, what does it do?  The urns... obviously they open... the are green cylindrical things inside, they also have moving oily stuff on them.  How do they work, what are there purpose... I could go on and on, the things we have seen are still mysteries to us. 

I keep reminding myself that as a director why would I give away all my secrets, especially if I kept a tight lid on everything... I wouldn't.  I would tell my marketing crew to screw with the fans and give them things that will make them think they know something, so I can show them how little they knew during the movie.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Every minutae of what we see is carefully selected by the studios and the director. They come to an agreement about what is necessary to show, without giving anything away. The promotion houses don't just do what they want to do. We may have our theories, and I would bet that some of them may be spot on...but it's purely a lucky guess, or a series of lucky guesses. :) I can't wait baybeh Jesus!!!!!!

harlock

harlock

I'm guessing if they freeze her, there's no rest of the film, like Kane, when Parker suggested it.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 12, 2012, 10:36:51 PM
Every minutae of what we see is carefully selected by the studios and the director. They come to an agreement about what is necessary to show, without giving anything away. The promotion houses don't just do what they want to do. We may have our theories, and I would bet that some of them may be spot on...but it's purely a lucky guess, or a series of lucky guesses. :) I can't wait baybeh Jesus!!!!!!

No matter how under wraps they keep something when filming they will not hesitate to show major spoilers in trailers if it looks big and flash. THey don't care. I don't understand the logic of course but it's true.

So please bare that in my mind when sinking your teeth into countless TV SPOTS etc. For your own non spoilery sake of course. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed