Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Prez - Today at 04:27:41 AM
The Complete Alien Collection: Symphony of Death (The Cold Forge, Prototype, Into Charybdis)

&

The Complete Alien Collection: The Shadow Archive (Out of the Shadows, Sea of Sorrows, River of Pain)

Have read them all (+ listened to the Audiobooks/Audiodramas of them) except Prototype. Will be good to have these in my physical collection.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 04:24:48 AM
Seems to depend on the screening.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Scott Conover - Today at 03:58:10 AM
Tickets booked for 45th screening - is there any confirmation that we are actually getting new footage with this? Or is it just the Ridley/Fede promo?

Either way, Alien on the big screen is always a win
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by xeno_alpha_07 - Today at 02:44:11 AM
"I'm not a droid!"
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2024, 07:34:45 AMThese scans are now being shared around Twitter. They seem to be fairly accessible now.

https://twitter.com/SAMSEPlOL/status/1778083661444731065

Interestingly, this is yet *another* scan of 'Alien' - possibly the earliest out there so far, being a UK X-certified print (so pre-BBFC) - Rob's release was taken from an early 90s print, and the project that was up on Original Trilogy utilised two separate 35mm prints (both later prints like Rob's judging by the quality and colour grading) - would love to know who put this particular one out to see if there is a version with a larger file size - this definitely hasn't done the rounds on either the private trackers nor the Russian trackers, so it's interesting to see it casually posted on Twitter/X 😃

I believe the Alien print I have matches the one mentioned in the X post. It's an X certificate and around 19 or 20GB. My print includes trailers for Outland and a Blade Runner teaser, but the one in the post does not. It's currently 3:41am here, so I'll compare the prints on my PC later.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by Eal - Today at 02:07:25 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Yesterday at 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 06:53:11 PMYeah,
Spoiler
A magic macguffin that should be in fantasy, not sci-fi.
[close]

Spoiler
Insert team america vomit gif here lol
[close]

Spoiler
To think it confirms Big Chap had that shit in his veins all along gives me the shits
[close]

Remember how back in 2010/11, when The Riddler stated publicly that Prometheus would have "Alien DNA" in it? That's what they're gonna do with this movie, but in reverse. It'll have Prometheus DNA.
I think it could fit in easily with the established mythos.  It always reminded me of some species of wasp that when they start their paper nest late, it looks like a wasp nest, but when they actually finish it, it looks more like a hornets nest (though these particular wasp aren't the hornets you are thinking about).

Aliens: Dark Descent / Re: Dark Descent DLC
Last post by Still Collating... - Today at 12:50:53 AM
No news here. Unfortunately. If there's even the slightest of hints about something, it'll be posted, don't you worry... But it's not gonna happen I believe. You can always play with new settings. Max difficulty, max damage from aliens (that one is crazy cool) and max infestation level from the start.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed