First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,557 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 18, 2020, 04:02:52 PM
I seriously doubt the trading card comics will ever be collected.

I would have said the same about the Kenner comics, so I guess you never do know for sure.

Kane's other son

I hope Tristan gets a deal to do more original Aliens comics.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 18, 2020, 05:06:58 PMI would have said the same about the Kenner comics, so I guess you never do know for sure.

Fair!

But if they were going to do it, surely the Alien 3 tie-in would've been in this.

Katanu

Katanu

Does anyone own a Marvel omnibus? I'm curious to know how well they hold up to multiple readings.

Nightmare Asylum

I have the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Doctor Strange Omnibus. From what I understand most of them are thicker than the one I have (this was a shorter run being collected) but it is a gorgeous, sturdy, well put together book. The Marvel Omnibus collections are the real deal.

And as a ponus, my Strange one has a great original piece of Alex Ross art on the cover, rather than a plagiarized rendition of its titular character cobbled together from other work.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Katanu on Oct 24, 2020, 04:09:16 AM
Does anyone own a Marvel omnibus? I'm curious to know how well they hold up to multiple readings.

I have loads of them and they vary but all the modern ones have fantastic bindings.

Katanu

Katanu

Nice! Good to know, thanks guys.

Prez

Prez

So chatted to my local comic book store today and they informed me the price for this would be around the $AUD200 mark. Out of curiosity does that sound about right for Marvel Omnibus'??? Not that I don't trust my local rather me thinking do I wanna spunk that much money on something that I already own about 90% of already in various formats.

Noted that it's available for pre-order here https://www.bookdepository.com/Aliens-Omnibus-Vol-1-Mark-Verheiden/9781302928155 for $150 (RRP is about $170).

SiL

SiL

That sounds right for in-store in Aus. It's quite a big book, and I remember the smaller Dark Horse ones were about $60 a pop. Unfortunately that's why I usually buy on the Book Depository rather than brick and mortar.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2020, 08:14:26 AM
That sounds right for in-store in Aus. It's quite a big book, and I remember the smaller Dark Horse ones were about $60 a pop. Unfortunately that's why I usually buy on the Book Depository rather than brick and mortar.

I hear you mate - I try to buy from my local when I can (especially given the current climate) but yes sometimes buying online does save heaps.
I've taken a better look at the specs on this one and yes it's bloody huge. They did mention the two cover options - if I do get it I'll say the non Greg Land one ;-)

Nukiemorph

Amazon has a preview and I noticed the art for Book 1/Outbreak is colored and the characters are still named Newt and Hicks.

From what I understood, with all previous releases, you had the choice between black & white with New & Hicks or fully colored with Billie & Wilks. Is this the first time the story has been published in color with the original names?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I believe the most recent Dark Horse reissue had coloured original characters.

Corporal Hicks

The paperback Essentials had colours with original character names.

Russ840

Russ840

First look at the actual collection

Gentleman Death

Can someone point me in the direction of a reliable place to purchase the Mark Nelson cover? Amazons only offering the other...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed