Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,238 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Exactly. I see it kind of like the science fiction equivalent of summoning a demon (what David did, and perhaps the Engineers or others before him)...

...or a golem if you're that guy.

SM

QuoteFire has always existed but it wasn't until mankind discovered it could be created and bent to our will that we become powerful.

When Prometheus gave it to us, you mean.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2018, 11:01:41 PM
QuoteFire has always existed but it wasn't until mankind discovered it could be created and bent to our will that we become powerful.

touché

tleilaxu

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Jan 24, 2018, 10:58:39 PM
Exactly. I see it kind of like the science fiction equivalent of summoning a demon (what David did, and perhaps the Engineers or others before him)...

...or a golem if you're that guy.
Or that goy...

Scorpio

I think a lot of fans wanted something like Pandora in Avatar, except 'Gigeresque'.  The home planet of the xenomorphs.  Some Giger nightmare world that originated the creatures as a product of evolution, and the Space Jockeys/Engineers found them and tried to control them like Weyland Yutani.

That seems to be the predominate fan theory/fan fiction before Prometheus.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 25, 2018, 03:52:17 AM
I think a lot of fans wanted something like Pandora in Avatar, except 'Gigeresque'.  The home planet of the xenomorphs.  Some Giger nightmare world that originated the creatures as a product of evolution, and the Space Jockeys/Engineers found them and tried to control them like Weyland Yutani.

That seems to be the predominate fan theory/fan fiction before Prometheus.

Yes!!  Gigerworld!  Please!

SM

Escape from the Planet of the Schlongs.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 25, 2018, 02:23:30 AM

touché
Man what the hell. I'm supposed to get to say touché. Talk about stealing my fire.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 25, 2018, 09:20:57 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 25, 2018, 02:23:30 AM

touché
Man what the hell. I'm supposed to get to say touché. Talk about stealing my fire.

I knew what you meant, semantics aside... ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2018, 05:23:25 AM
Escape from the Planet of the Schlongs.

They should call it Venis Pagina.

OpenMaw

Could still make that movie: 'ALIEN PRIME'

whiterabbit

I wouldn't mind a 95 minute chick flick staring Shaw and David.

Scorpio

They already are chick flicks in a way.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 25, 2018, 02:37:41 PM
Could still make that movie: 'ALIEN PRIME'

We should call it Wormwood ;)

GHJ

On the Russian news site there was a new interview with Scott.

https://lenta.ru/articles/2018/02/22/ridleyscott/?utm_source=lentatw&utm_medium=social

How do you like "Blade Runner 2049"?

Well, I'm the producer there, so I liked it by definition. Would I like to shoot the sequel myself? No no no. I kind of intended to shoot it myself at some point, but the next phase of "Alien" is more interesting to me as a director. I cooled down to the Runner and gave it to Denis [Villeneuve], who, in my opinion, did an excellent job.

Make the next "Alien", okay?

Yes, I will, I will do it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed