Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,373 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 25, 2022, 09:06:56 PMAre you advocating that it fell out of the queen and grew under the deck?

I've been advocating it for years.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 25, 2022, 11:04:05 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 25, 2022, 09:24:41 PMActually it's more funny to imagine the queen lift her butt there and bend to lay that egg  :laugh:
Naw, she pinged it out and it pinballed around until it got caught up in the girders.

Even better  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The egg on Sulaco is very popular.  :o

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well, when it comes to the movies I think we are all a bit more sensitive I guess  ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 26, 2022, 02:39:42 PMThe egg on Sulaco is very popular.  :o

https://i.ibb.co/yg1GMR8/Pics-Art-06-26-11-54-20.jpg

Wait, does this mean I'm not a nerd?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You don't accept the castes either?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Not the outrageous ones. At all. And even the less extreme ones I prefer to interpret as genetic flexibility as opposed to distinct types. Overclassifying them for games is one thing, because it's a mechanical decision with a post-hoc lore justification, but keep it outta the films.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AMHow do you think the egg got on the Sulaco at the start of Alien 3?

Did Bishop put it there or did the Queen manage to lay an emergency egg at the end of Aliens.

I never found it hard to believe that the Alien Queen just scooped up a spare egg or something and threw it into a hallway or something right before the climactic battle with Ripley and the gang. Like, as a fail-safe or something.

Yeah it's not good writing, but it's not that hard to believe imo

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You're right it's not good writing, but I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of believability. Whether an escaping Facehugger, an Egg onboard the dropship itself, or something grew under the flooring it does not matter for the story ultimately, it's a f**king Alien. 

Although I will say:

We see something like this happen just before the Queen takes Bishop, where did the acid come from?

The womb, from the way the Queen violently tore from the ovipositor, so the idea that acid and fluids also contained zygotes makes sense.

judge death

judge death

Yep, to me thats pretty clear, acid is indeed from that part of her so its not hard to imagine the queen is behind the egg, exactly how isnt vital for the story.

SiL

SiL

The problem isn't that there's an egg, it's where it is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If I may ask, where's that?

SiL

SiL

Exactly.

Some random corridor in the ship. The only thing below where the Queen bled is the hull.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I assume something had to be there though, otherwise someone would have got Newborn'ed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed