More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 68,053 times)

skhellter

Nowadays when i look at weird story ideas in Alien i think back to Blue Marsalis..

A lot of these weirder "no that could never work" concepts can be good and compelling in the hands of the right writer,
done with the right care, with proper themes and stakes in place.
(They could've gotten away with the biomech suit idea too if written well.. and if the final design didn't look like a halloween costume).

Was there any actual screenwriter attached to this or was it just Blomkamp going at it alone?

Corporal Hicks

I think it was him and his wife?

skhellter

Good. His wife is responsible for his best films.  :laugh:

She keeps him honest. 

(She didn't handle Elysium.... she should've..)

BlueMarsalis79

I don't trust Neill Blomkamp to have the nuance to handle something like Blue Marsalis correctly.

Nightmare Asylum

I think Zygote is also the only one of the Oats shorts that his wife co-wrote... and it is also the best of those in my opinion. :D

skhellter

You're right.

She writes children's books atm.

Neill wrote his next film on his own.. let's see how that goes....

BlueMarsalis79

Ahsoka

Make that film please, release it on hulu. Or make a new Alien 5 with Sigourney, it's now or never.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ahsoka on Jun 19, 2021, 09:11:14 PM
Make that film please, release it on hulu. Or make a new Alien 5 with Sigourney, it's now or never.

Post-Terminator: Dark Fate, I'm guessing Disney/20th Century Studios is leaning much more towards the "or never" on this kind of partial-reboot movie with Sigourney. They didn't even bother looking at the Hill/Giler treatment that came after this one. If they could do it as cheap as the recent Halloween then maybeeee but there's no way that'd ever actually be possible.

Kimarhi

I actually liked Dark Fate as the third best Terminator, but what it did at the box office is going to turn studios off to that sort of thing.

Only if Keanu can bring back the Matrix will it be considered.

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. Dark Fate is the only one outside of the first two that I like. It obviously doesn't reach the quality of the first two, but I actually really like it, to be honest. There's Jimbo thumbprints all over it.

skhellter

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 19, 2021, 03:24:52 PM
You're right.

She writes children's books atm.

Neill wrote his next film on his own.. let's see how that goes....

It didn't go well at all. :laugh:

He needs to stay away from scripts. In general.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah we dodged not just a bullet but a nuke.

skhellter

skhellter

carlos posted a slightly more finished version of this Alien5 concept and made a little comment.

QuoteSomething i did for a project that will never happen..experiments on men and..... "is that a man in there or somethi"""?????"

I think this is the first confirmation of direct human experimentation (and mutation) (although ripley's alien suits hinted at it, this is much more direct)

i now have a theory about what the "absolutely crazy idea that would destroy the series" was.  :laugh:

aliens13

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 26, 2023, 10:02:24 PMhttps://www.instagram.com/p/Cqe_lXDguDb/
carlos posted a slightly more finished version of this Alien5 concept and made a little comment.

QuoteSomething i did for a project that will never happen..experiments on men and..... "is that a man in there or somethi"""?????"

I think this is the first confirmation of direct human experimentation (and mutation) (although ripley's alien suits hinted at it, this is much more direct)

i now have a theory about what the "absolutely crazy idea that would destroy the series" was.  :laugh:
Thank God this didn't happen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed