Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 547,436 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Gimme dat 4K pls

luckymerc

luckymerc

Alien: 9/10. Love the aesthetics, relatable crew, lurking nightmare and Jonesy.

Aliens: 10/10 - James Cameron, you magnificent b*stard!

Alien 3: Nope.

Alien Resurrection: 4-5/10 - More of like a random Dark Horse Comic adaptation. Funny and goofy.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Alien 10/10
Aliens 9/10
Alien3 7/10
Alien Resurrection 5/10
Prometheus 6/10
Alien Covenant 7/10

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My friend Coco reviews:

Alien: (A+) No apparent issues whatsoever. Predator: (B+) Enjoyed it a lot. Aliens: (B) Enjoyed it but took issue with lots of story choices. Predator 2: (C+) Very fun but no depth. Alien³: (A) Loved it not counting special effects. Predators: (C) Enjoyed the first act, but not when it just repeated similar beats three times and then just ended, with not much excitement.

Will do the other three Alien films after Prey at some point.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

1) Alien (Great)
2) Aliens (Great)

3) Alien 3 (Good)

4) Prometheus (Meh)
5) Covenant (Meh)
6) Resurrection (Meh)

What's funny is I used to think the alien franchise was vastly superior cinematically than the predator one, but now?

1) Predator (Great)

2) Predator 2 (Very Good)
3) Prey (Very Good)

4) Predators (Good)

5) The Predator (Crap)

I think the predator franchise is slightly more consistent, it has the worst low of the group, but it has more consistently good to very good movies now with the release of Prey. 

Alien and Aliens are greatness.  Predator is greatness. 

Besides the two top heavy films, Predator franchise is more enjoyable and far less boring and pretentious.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think you're right about it being more consistently good.

SiL

SiL

You think Predator 2 and Prey are better than Alien 3?

I can't keep up.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It's a hard one for me. I think Alien 3 is better, but P2 is too many fond memories also.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Since I was asked:
My Ratings:
Alien
Alien³
Predator
Prey
Aliens
Predator 2

Predators

Alien Resurrection
Alien Covenant/Prometheus

AVP/AVPR
The Predator

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

My ranking would be: Predator, Alien, Predator 2, Prey, Aliens, Alien 3, Predators, Alien Resurrection, Alien Covenant, AVP, Prometheus, AVPR, The Predator

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 05, 2022, 04:30:12 AMMy friend Coco reviews:

Alien: (A+) No apparent issues whatsoever. Predator: (B+) Enjoyed it a lot. Aliens: (B) Enjoyed it but took issue with lots of story choices. Predator 2: (C+) Very fun but no depth. Alien³: (A) Loved it not counting special effects. Predators: (C) Enjoyed the first act, but not when it just repeated similar beats three times and then just ended, with not much excitement.

Will do the other three Alien films after Prey at some point.

To add to this-

I need to rewatch Alien 1 to make a better review of it. Only saw it once, but I remember really liking it. Predator is good because of all the shirtless muscle men lol <3. Aliens is a comedy of errors and that really brings down my enjoyment of it. I think it's very poorly written. Alien³, of course being my favorite, I would actually give an A+ even considering the horrendous compositing.

Resurrection is great fun to watch if only because of how WEIRD it is. Plus the Newborn gives me baby fever and I don't know what to say about that. Prometheus is absolutely stupid, but it's at least interesting, which is more than I can say of Covenant. And Prey is a really great innovation on what was a pretty stale franchise imo. (plus I love seeing people get ripped apart)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Cocolyte on Aug 15, 2022, 12:18:40 AMAliens is a comedy of errors and that really brings down my enjoyment of it. I think it's very poorly written. Alien³, of course being my favorite, I would actually give an A+ even considering the horrendous compositing.

Wait, Alien 3 is better written than Aliens?  Jesus...

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2022, 01:15:46 AM
Quote from: Cocolyte on Aug 15, 2022, 12:18:40 AMAliens is a comedy of errors and that really brings down my enjoyment of it. I think it's very poorly written. Alien³, of course being my favorite, I would actually give an A+ even considering the horrendous compositing.

Wait, Alien 3 is better written than Aliens?  Jesus...

I mean, yeah. Alien³ is so believable and real. Everything feels purposeful and it even got my emotions a few times. (RIP Clemens) Aliens is a mess, where the plot largely only progresses because of people f**king up or making stupid decisions. I was just rolling my eyes at best and visibly frustrated at worst through most of it.

Kradan

Kradan

What stupid decisions are these ?

SiL

SiL

Alien eggs materialising on ceilings is not believable or real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed