Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Author
Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator! (Read 43,021 times)

ace3g

The Wolverine Predator

He's a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ace3g

Looks like he played another soldier character in Horse Soldiers:

A team of CIA agents and special forces head into Afghanistan in the aftermath of the September 11th attacks in an attempt to dismantle the Taliban.

Director: Nicolai Fuglsig
Writers: Peter Craig (screenplay), Doug Stanton (book) | 1 more credit »
Stars: Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Elsa Pataky | See full cast & crew »

The Wolverine Predator

I'm gonna have to check that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan21

another one for the propaganda dvd box

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 15, 2017, 08:11:28 AM
another one for the propaganda dvd box

Not really. No.

ace3g

'Moonlight' Star Trevante Rhodes on His Crazy Oscars Night and Tackling 'The Predator'

Rhodes says he's been mercifully removed from all the intensive post-telecast analysis. That's in large part due to the fact that he left L.A. in the early morning hours after the ceremony, boarding a Vancouver-bound plane at 4:30 a.m. to continue shooting his next movie, The Predator, director Shane Black's sequel to the 1980s action classic.

Back on The Predator set, Black and the rest of the cast and crew gave him a brief but touching hero's welcome. "It was hugs and everybody going, 'We're so happy for you,' and then we were back to business. You gotta get back to work!" Naturally, they couldn't resist hitting him up for firsthand intel too. "I feel like you can't say congratulations without also saying, 'What happened up there?'" Rhodes said, laughing. "That's going to be the conversation for the rest of the year."

One thing that Rhodes has kept hidden until now is that he was a bit of a scaredy-cat as a young kid. That's why he held off on watching the entire Predator series until he was cast in The Predator. "I was really squeamish growing up — not too fond of blood and guts," he admitted. "I saw the first one when I was young, and liked it, but I was like, 'I can't watch any more of these!'" Now he's facing those childhood fears by playing Nebraska Williams, a former Marine who enlists in a special Predator-hunting operation headed up by his good friend Quinn McKenna (played by Logan's Boyd Holbrook). "We form a bit of a motley crew," Rhodes says, adding that Black is putting his own distinct imprint on the franchise. "It's what you expect a Shane Black move to be, set in the world of the Predator."

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/moonlight-star-trevante-rhodes-on-his-crazy-oscar-night-and-tackling-the-predator-201155379.html

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 07, 2017, 02:58:21 AM
'Moonlight' Star Trevante Rhodes on His Crazy Oscars Night and Tackling 'The Predator'

Rhodes says he's been mercifully removed from all the intensive post-telecast analysis. That's in large part due to the fact that he left L.A. in the early morning hours after the ceremony, boarding a Vancouver-bound plane at 4:30 a.m. to continue shooting his next movie, The Predator, director Shane Black's sequel to the 1980s action classic.

Back on The Predator set, Black and the rest of the cast and crew gave him a brief but touching hero's welcome. "It was hugs and everybody going, 'We're so happy for you,' and then we were back to business. You gotta get back to work!" Naturally, they couldn't resist hitting him up for firsthand intel too. "I feel like you can't say congratulations without also saying, 'What happened up there?'" Rhodes said, laughing. "That's going to be the conversation for the rest of the year."

One thing that Rhodes has kept hidden until now is that he was a bit of a scaredy-cat as a young kid. That's why he held off on watching the entire Predator series until he was cast in The Predator. "I was really squeamish growing up — not too fond of blood and guts," he admitted. "I saw the first one when I was young, and liked it, but I was like, 'I can't watch any more of these!'" Now he's facing those childhood fears by playing Nebraska Williams, a former Marine who enlists in a special Predator-hunting operation headed up by his good friend Quinn McKenna (played by Logan's Boyd Holbrook). "We form a bit of a motley crew," Rhodes says, adding that Black is putting his own distinct imprint on the franchise. "It's what you expect a Shane Black move to be, set in the world of the Predator."

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/moonlight-star-trevante-rhodes-on-his-crazy-oscar-night-and-tackling-the-predator-201155379.html

I was gonna share this hours ago, and didn't know if I should put a spoiler tag on it then I got distracted.

Nebraska Williams, what an interesting name

predator88

And Olivia Munn's character name is Casey Bracket. So the leaked script is true.... we're in for deep $hit people.

Corporal Hicks

Can you remind me where Munn mentioned her characters name?

Thanks for sharing, ace. I've posted this on the front page.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: predator88 on Mar 07, 2017, 01:43:11 PM

And Olivia Munn's character name is Casey Bracket. So the leaked script is true.... we're in for deep $hit people.

Don't the fans get used to the taste of sh*t since 2004 ?

overthere

Looks like they'll have a team formed specifically to hunt the Predator. Interesting.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

More like 1990 but no predator film has ever been THIS stupid. Spider- predators, really? The simple idea of a team hunting predators is good enough for me, just stick with that. Hunters finally become the hunted seems like a logical next step.

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 05, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
"While Holbrook does not have the star power Del Toro has, Fox is planning on beefing up the supporting cast."

Ahh yes, remember that statement when Holbrook was cast? If Trevante Who and Olivia What is their idea of a beefed up supporting cast, we're in trouble. I don't doubt that any of these people are talented, Trevante was terrific in Moonlight, but this is a bad portent.

Ben Affleck, Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Tom Hardy, Mark Ruffalo...to Boyd and Trevante. Wonderful! I mean at least we're getting cast news, I guess? Couldn't even get Michael B. Jordan?Bro...it wouldnt feel very much like a "Predator" movimovie with those A-listers runnin around...Trevante not only looks the part of a bad ass but he's a fresh new face and a good actor...im certain he will be a fierce prey and worthy trophy for the predator

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 07, 2017, 05:04:52 PM
More like 1990 but no predator film has ever been THIS stupid. Spider- predators, realy? The simple idea of a team hunting predators is good enough for me, just stick with that. Hunters finally become the hunted seems like a logical next step.

What's this about Spider-Predators?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed