AvPR's Running Time

Started by Darkness, Nov 29, 2007, 04:07:28 PM

Author
AvPR's Running Time (Read 18,016 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

At least it wasn't like avp that lasted 87 minutes, not including credits.

WTF, it better be balls to the walls then. Which I'm sure it will be.

pred88

pred88

is 94 minutes without or with credits

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

As if the running time makes THAT much of a difference. AvP2, like AvP, is a cheeseball action flick. Why pretend it's something more?

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Okay, run-time does not, in theory, reflect the quality of a film.  But every single time I've ever heard this pointed out, especially with the patented term, "Longer isn't always better," the movie is an empty speed run through short action sequences and cookie-cutter characterization (and then, only enough to put meat on screen).  Jurassic Park was probably the worst case of this.    AvP was the second.  Now you can have a great 90 minute movie.  Predator was a great example, full of great characters, plot, and action.  But I haven't seen it done well in so long, and have heard this promise on run time so many times by now, that I'll believe it when I see it.  As of now, I'm much more apprehensive than before (although most everything else still sounds great).

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

NOTE:  I meant Jurassic Park III, not the first (or even the second).

Steve-El

Steve-El

>:(   Oh, look at it this way. Spider-Man was 2 hours 20 minutes and wasn't that great. But Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem could be an improvement against the web-head in 94 minutes tops. I know it's going to be a better improvement over the first movie.

Predboy

Predboy

Oh yeah, this is definatly a good running time.   ::)   Movies that are under 100 mintues are always short when I see them. Mmhmm, definatly the running time of the predator movies.   ::)   This is basically the same running time as avp, and i will laugh if it comes up shorter WITHOUT the credits. Definatly great news.   ::)  

warchant-D

warchant-D

wow! what a dissapointment, I just hope it had nothing to do with lack of funding or time, because that could only mean the movie was forced out and will most likely falter because of it. To me personaly most of my favorite, or percieved good movies in my opinion , ar at least around 110 minutes plus.  All I can do now is hope this one doesnt follow the recent trend of cheese ball movies that are short as balls and nothing more than a quick means of making money.

eating_puppies

eating_puppies

I don't know why everyone is so bent out of shape over an hour and a half of Aliens and Predators tearing each other apart. I mean come on, a movie like this doesn't need to have deep character development to be an entertaining experience. This isn't 'Alien 5'; it's a freaking 'VS.' movie for crying out loud. I understand alot of you are still trying to cling on to the good old days( I was too before AVP...), but they're just that, the good old days. So how about we actually watch the movie before we start crying foul. Anyone with me?   :-\  

warchant-D

warchant-D

and what is it with no true horror movies going past two hours anymore, like EVER, they never incorporate any story anymore or create any since of creepy atmosphere because the run times don't allow the movie to build one up because its filled with stupid teenager sex, drug use and any other means of trying to appeal to broad audiences as apposed to actually  making a scary movie. let horror fans come to see horror , and let those who still get a kick out of all the other before mentioned shit that ruins todays attempts at horror movies go watch mtv, cuz thats basically what every scary movie incorporates today anyways.  Hello. a message to all directors out there wanting to make the next great 'aliens' type horror, movie stay a way from all the token genre and fetish appeals and do what the fans woudl really want...to actually be scared for their time spent, this era of slasher-shit movies has been done over beleive me!

JK

JK

Why not 2 hrs ? Like TFormers or Spidey 2.

superunknown

superunknown

Hah.  Even the theatrical cut of AvP was 101 minutes, and the extended version was 108 minutes.

happypred

happypred

yeah dude what a let down

Serious 101

Serious 101

For all u people who will not let go : THIS IS NOT A HORROR FILM AHOLES IT IS A VERSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aka TWO THINGS FIGHTING I.E. ACTION FILM     ::)     :'(     :'(     :'(     ::)    I know I know    :o     :o  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed