The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 330,340 times)

Moody

Moody

I expected a low score from Gamespot but a 5. :-\, wel at least this site will be playing the game for a long time I guess. :)

Chaotic-Strike

Wow gameranking completely ignores igns review and puts nothing but game informer and gamespots review.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=xbox360&page=1&sort=2&numrev=3&letter=A

afrocat

afrocat

Thats weird. Especially since technically IGN and Gamespot America havnt reviewed it so theres a chance for a better score.

mavox1

mavox1

ive decided to rent this one, even though i'm a fan, i watched a mate play it for about 3 hours this morning...
i would love to support the devs and buy, but after reading the reviews AND seeing poor AI and level design with my own eyes, i cant do it, even if i do love the mp. $60 is a LOT to spend in this economy, i waited to see if this was worth it, but i'll go with Mass Effect 2 i guess

congrats to rebellion for a great attempt, and it looks like riot in mp.

elderwolf

elderwolf

i cant wait, expecially with teh survivor mode with aliens, to me thats a game extender that and pred marine and alien campaign

bozer

bozer

Cant get it  :/ is campaign really so bad? Played the demo (PC) really liked it, all was cool for me - controls, graphics. Just cant believe its so bad in retail version!!! Im getting really sad, but no way im canceling preorder, i will get this game and see by my eyes what inside there!!!!!

Steve C

Steve C

If the reviewer in Gamespot really has an issue with the controls, it's clear he didn't spend much time playing the game.  I was fine with them in ten minutes.  Granted, the meele system takes a bit of getting used to, but it's still fairly straightforward.

Jumbik

Jumbik

Well mostly the bad reviews are for the console version where the biggest issue so far is game controls... This is not an issue for PC version :) Good for me.

Graphics ... Im still playing original UFO for the atmosphere. No prob for me.
Level design ... well It can't be worse than Fear I suppose.
Game length ... it would bother me few years back when I had time to play 8+ a day but not now.

And what all the reviews missed and what will be one of the best parts... Multiplayer

JasonKrueger13

Gamespot is not exactly a good place to get reviews, especially because of the Kayne and Lynch incident. I usually don't follow any reviews so this is not that big of a deal for me.

Corporal Hicks

I don't get it personally. The controls are absolutely fine for the console. I found them to feel natural and I can effectively play with all species (not played as the others enough to fully master CQB) with the controller. In fact, I prefer it to the keyboard. I think that these reviewers aren't taking the time to get to grips with the controls and just slamming them for it.

bozer

bozer

i doubt that game lenght could be a problem. One mentioned that marine campaign on hard level takes about 8 hours (ofcourse it depends...) + there is an alien and pred campaign.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Jumbik on Feb 15, 2010, 09:40:23 PM
Well mostly the bad reviews are for the console version where the biggest issue so far is game controls... This is not an issue for PC version :) Good for me.

Graphics ... Im still playing original UFO for the atmosphere. No prob for me.
Level design ... well It can't be worse than Fear I suppose.
Game length ... it would bother me few years back when I had time to play 8+ a day but not now.

And what all the reviews missed and what will be one of the best parts... Multiplayer
imho the controls are worse  for pc, no sensitivity and there too spread out (yes i know you cam customize them but this game uses alot of keys)

Puks

Puks

QuoteI was hoping this would be the Arkham Asylum for A/P fans.

You poor naive bastard.  :D

Not surprised by the mediocre reviews.. I told you so.  :P

Dusk

Dusk

I pretty much got the hang of the Alien controls on my 2nd try. Guess it comes more natural to some players than others. But everytime I read complaints about the controls, I feel like they slam them because they don't play exactly like Modern Warfare or Battlefield.

SoggyWorm

SoggyWorm

Lol at the people who say "if this game was good it would not get bad reviews". From what i can see it mostly has 7+ reviews.... So you people are wrong, the game is good and it is not getting bad reviews, at least not enough bad reviews to worry about. Lol, you guys are funny.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed