The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Jul 17, 2019, 03:27:23 AM

Author
The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas (Read 47,706 times)

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 04, 2020, 05:59:21 AM
Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on Dec 03, 2020, 08:06:56 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 03, 2020, 04:55:54 PM
I still hate the idea, but I can't help but respect the amount of effort you consistently put in.

Thank you

I promised I'd try and stick with canon and actual science as much as I could, and I figured 'Word of God' is pretty darn solid when it comes to what happened/happens in a movie.

Have a hand crafted Kenner Wild Boar Alien minifigure for your efforts.

Spoiler
[close]

Oh hey, I remember you now! You shared this with me a while back-you complimented me before too! Like, you were worried because of my name but you complimented me on my posts and stuff!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on Dec 04, 2020, 05:57:00 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 04, 2020, 12:59:45 AM
THERE IS NO GOD.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend; And I guess you're right. No one director has complete say over the franchise it seems, given how they all conflict with one another

(I'm uncertain if you were joking or not but I figured I'd err on the side of caution). Still, what does anyone/everyone think so far?
I was being flippant for dramatic effect, but I do believe that the "word of god" with regard to movies and other forms of entertainment are an interesting footnote at best, not the be-all end-all truth.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 05, 2020, 05:15:38 AM
THERE IS NO GOD.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend; And I guess you're right. No one director has complete say over the franchise it seems, given how they all conflict with one another

(I'm uncertain if you were joking or not but I figured I'd err on the side of caution). Still, what does anyone/everyone think so far?
I was being flippant for dramatic effect, but I do believe that the "word of god" with regard to movies and other forms of entertainment are an interesting footnote at best, not the be-all end-all truth.

Very true, but it's something if nothing else, especially given the emphasis many people put on the film-makers' words (Director, designers, FX artist, etc)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 05, 2020, 05:15:38 AM
THERE IS NO GOD.

"Word of God" supports cowl.

Xenomrph

Too bad the movie doesn't.

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

The one who doesn't know god, to any saint prays.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Still, what do you guys think of my little blurb? Well, little being a relative term but still

Thatguy2068

QuoteConcept A-The Warlord*: The Alien King is a naturally occurring caste, albeit rare as all hell. It develops during times of plenty where such an extra large caste can be developed without much net loss, and then basically acts as a sort of guardian over the hive. It melds into the Queen's chambers, basically acting as a watchful guardian that sits patiently until it is called upon by the Queen-at which point it tears itself free from the wall it had blended into and roars into action, spurning its daughters and brethren into action not out of the same respect their mother bring, but out of fear. He lacks the exact same level of intelligence, stealth and importance the Queen packs, but he acts as an agile and powerful front line monster to defend the Hive, rally Xenomorph support and, if worst comes to worst, sacrifice himself so the Queen can slip away and start a new hive.
Honestly this is the best you can do with this concept but rather than just a regular queen I'll do it with the queen mother. The queen already has praetorians to protect it so I think it would make more sense.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 17, 2023, 09:31:54 PM
QuoteConcept A-The Warlord*: The Alien King is a naturally occurring caste, albeit rare as all hell. It develops during times of plenty where such an extra large caste can be developed without much net loss, and then basically acts as a sort of guardian over the hive. It melds into the Queen's chambers, basically acting as a watchful guardian that sits patiently until it is called upon by the Queen-at which point it tears itself free from the wall it had blended into and roars into action, spurning its daughters and brethren into action not out of the same respect their mother bring, but out of fear. He lacks the exact same level of intelligence, stealth and importance the Queen packs, but he acts as an agile and powerful front line monster to defend the Hive, rally Xenomorph support and, if worst comes to worst, sacrifice himself so the Queen can slip away and start a new hive.
Honestly this is the best you can do with this concept but rather than just a regular queen I'll do it with the queen mother. The queen already has praetorians to protect it so I think it would make more sense.
I believe that role is also known as a The Palatine. Which just makes the concept of the Alien King even more pointless. I think there is just no room for it that can be justified. Unless a better concept can be done but at this point I believe not. The King Alien was the result of a mad scientist after all so it wouldn't make sense to make it a real part of the Hive if it was never meant to be that in the first place, hence the result of a mad scientist.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 18, 2023, 03:11:47 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 17, 2023, 09:31:54 PM
I believe that role is also known as a The Palatine. Which just makes the concept of the Alien King even more pointless. I think there is just no room for it that can be justified. Unless a better concept can be done but at this point I believe not. The King Alien was the result of a mad scientist after all so it wouldn't make sense to make it a real part of the Hive if it was never meant to be that in the first place, hence the result of a mad scientist.
Darn, when you put it that's yeah, I can't think of any more concept that can work. I do have a question what's your opinion on the palatine design.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 18, 2023, 03:33:42 AMDarn, when you put it that's yeah, I can't think of any more concept that can work. I do have a question what's your opinion on the palatine design.
It's super haunting. SOMETHING about it screams that it can appear behind you like some alien giant slenderman and you'd just disappear. No screams or nothing. Maybe more tweaks on the head design to make it less Drone looking and more unique on its own.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 19, 2023, 03:14:00 AMIt's super haunting. SOMETHING about it screams that it can appear behind you like some alien giant slenderman and you'd just disappear. No screams or nothing. Maybe more tweaks on the head design to make it less Drone looking and more unique on its own.
That really cool, I was about to say if we would to use the King maquette design as a redesign for Palatine, but that's a pretty good argument and certainly better than mine because mine was "because it look cool".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed