Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,640 times)

Huggs

Quote from: Hudson on May 01, 2019, 08:28:15 PM
I'll probably order it soon, but for anyone who doesn't want to, almost the entire thing is readable for free on Amazon by just clicking on the cover and scrolling down.

That's usually just a sample that changes chapters every few pages.

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2019, 08:57:25 PM
Young adult protagonists, with violence and language dialled down a notch.

That sounds about right.

I'll be skipping this.

The Old One

The Old One

I'll wait for a price change, or the AVPG review.

Nostromo

Danggg, chapters 3-8 have been a snooze fest, hoping it starts talking about something else other than 2 girls playing with flowers.

SM

It does.  Very soon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2019, 09:10:31 PM
Nah

Spoiler
Kora (the girlfriends) mum.  The woman who got torn in half.
[close]

Ah, yes! Got the names mixed around. Yeah, that was f**king brutal! I'm not sure how into

Spoiler
the whole being hostile to other host/hybrids I am but that's mostly because I just love the visuals in my head of seeing different kinds of Aliens interacting/working together.
[close]

Quote from: The Old One on May 04, 2019, 01:59:46 AM
I'll wait for a price change, or the AVPG review.

I'm not sure I'm going to do one. It wasn't written for me. Doesn't seem like it'd be honest for me to attempt to review it.

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2019, 09:11:41 PM
It does.  Very soon.

I spoke too soon, must have fallen asleep in the middle of the 8th chapter during some teenie party. But boy things changed quickly towards the ending of the 8th. It looks promising! Trying not to read any spoilers lol.

Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2019, 09:17:29 AM
I'm not sure I'm going to do one. It wasn't written for me. Doesn't seem like it'd be honest for me to attempt to review it.

That can also be part of the ethos of the review.

Huggs

Many (if not most) of us here are adults.

You'd be telling us what we could expect from the book, as adult fans.

That sounds honest enough to me.

HuDaFuK

I had a cursory look for this in the shops while I was away, but didn't come across a copy.

Nostromo

At chapter 15 now, besides the endless repetition of small details (We kissed, she smelled so good, did I mention that 10 times already in the last 5 chapters, sorry if I did?), I'm really liking this one. Chapter 8-14 in the audiodbook have been pretty good.

Hudson

Quote from: Nostromo on May 13, 2019, 05:23:23 PM
At chapter 15 now, besides the endless repetition of small details (We kissed, she smelled so good, did I mention that 10 times already in the last 5 chapters, sorry if I did?), I'm really liking this one. Chapter 8-14 in the audiodbook have been pretty good.

I'm only 2 chapters in, but it's about what I expected so far. Obviously a long way to go though. I'm looking forward to see where it's headed, but damn, the exposition is laid on THICK at the beginning. I feel like I'm being prepared for a quiz. Give me some more damn scenes already.

I'm intrigued by the descriptions of some of the byzantine colony ordinances, etc. Like children can't speak when they're in the presence of their superiors or something along those lines, and other regulations. Kind of creepy.

Space has never really been portrayed with a realistic sense in the Alien franchise EU as far as I can discern, other than in Out of the Shadows when there's concern about how long people will have to survive aboard an escape pod. You really have to suspend your disbelief on this one though. Olivia mentions that she's already lived on 15 different colony worlds...and she's only 17! As if moving from planet to planet is just as simple as moving from house to house in the same neighborhood. :laugh: The teenage boredom with this aspect is a bit cliche I think, but again, I'm interested to see where this is headed.

Nostromo

Nostromo

At Chapter 18..really liking it, seems to be getting better and better every chapter. Really impressed so far.

Chapter 16 is awesome from start to finish.

Hudson

I'm about halfway. Finally got to a point where the tension started ratcheting up and the Aliens appeared. Definitely have some pacing questions but it's well done so far.

Wweyland

This has been subprime

Nostromo

Quote from: Wweyland on May 24, 2019, 05:07:44 PM
This has been subprime

What didn't you guys like though?

At chapter 20 or 21 now, call me crazy but I think this is one of the best novels ever written. Especially from chapter 8 to 21. Not sure what's coming next. This is what I thought would happen to that exoplanet colony in Sea of Sorrows.

Only thing I'm not liking is these lion worm hybrids that are starting to appear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed