ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,946 times)

Murfy426

Great podcast guys as always you never fail to please, keep up the great dedicated work. As for Marcus what can I say, he seems as awesome a person as his artwork. What a legend!

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Um, it's been a while now. I'm ready for my regular edition Weyland Yutani report.... ???

TheBATMAN

Urgh, I finally gave in and bit the bullet. Halloween treat to myself. Managed to find a copy for £199 here in the UK so I went for it and am extremely angry at myself for giving in, but I've seen copies going from between £250-£350 so it's a small saving at least.

But on the plus side for you guys there will inevitably be an announcement for a £50 standard edition in the very near future now I've spent big bucks!!!

Between this and x-files blu ray, I hope the missus doesn't see my bank balance...

HuDaFuK

Welcome to the gang ;D

predxeno

Is the book any cheaper now that time has passed or is it still the same $350 price (including shipping) from SideShow?

TheBATMAN

My god it's absolutely huge...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 23, 2015, 05:56:27 PM
My god it's absolutely huge...

That's what she said.   ;D

Corporal Hicks

John has posted some of his Nostromo artwork on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.950018481740073.1073741843.106948306047099&type=3

QuoteHere's my artwork of the Nostromo, produced using pencil, watercolour, ink & Photoshop and featured in 'Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report'.

This piece took a great deal of research & I'm indebted to two people in particular: Derrin Procter who kindly provided me with his 3D digital model of the ship which I used to set up the artwork. And also to my colleague Graham J. Langridge who produced the definitive Nostromo blueprints and who gave me so much detailed feedback about the content during the production process .

Special thanks as ever to Willie Goldman for providing me with so much archive photography of the original minature's build at Bray studios from 1978 ( I was four years old at the time growing up a few miles west of Bray in Reading, also in Berkshire ). I was lucky enough to recently meet some of the modellers who worked on the original miniature including Dennis Lowe, Ron Hone and Roger Nichols.

The Alien Predator

That picture of the Nostromo looks really good, thanks for sharing it with us, Hicks.

I love the general design of this and the Sulaco, there's something that feels so realistic about them.

Doctor Ash

Will there ever be a standard edition of this book?  [Face - Sad]

Corporal Hicks

Still unknown at this point, I'm afraid.

predxeno

For the US at least, the last word on the subject is "no."

Doctor Ash

That's really frustrating!  I can't afford a 300 $ book and don't speak french or spanish. As i'm german i hope there will be a german edition if there will be no standard edition in english!

Perfect-Organism

This is ridiculous.  I'm not buying this book, but not because of the price tag, but because I think that sculpted alien on the front is a bit ridiculous.  I just want a normal edition of the book...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed