First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 75,207 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Wow, seriously? My latest post in this thread got removed? :-\ Apparently jokes aren't welcome here if they involve Ridley Scott.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Jul 04, 2012, 10:29:57 AM
Wow, seriously? My latest post in this thread got removed? :-\ Apparently jokes aren't welcome here if they involve Ridley Scott.

He's watching!

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 04, 2012, 10:32:54 AM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Jul 04, 2012, 10:29:57 AM

He's watching!

In that case, Sir, I am disappoint.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yes, exactly how I feel with this Blu Ray not being an extended cut, but what the hell was I expecting, really?

Jango1201

Jango1201

Dont worry I welcome jokes  ;D

Vickers

Vickers

Apparently someone wasn't happy about it. ::)

Gazz

Gazz

To be honest it's not really clear. For instance it's listed as being 150 minutes long but doesn't clarify if that's with the bonus features. But if that was the case why do the bonus features add up to beyond 150 minutes when combined with the film's run time. I'll wait for the official release announcement before I judge.

That said, I can see Fox doing the exact same thing they did with Avatar here and it wouldn't surprise me if this version is bare bones. It certainly looks like it pales in comparison to Charles De Lauzirika usual dvd/blu-ray packages.

EDIT: The 3 disc version packaged up with the Alien Anthology looks more like it, especially with the 120 minutes worth of extras on a bonus disc.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 04, 2012, 10:37:13 AM
To be honest it's not really clear. For instance it's listed as being 150 minutes long but doesn't clarify if that's with the bonus features. But if that was the case why do the bonus features add up to beyond 150 minutes when combined with the film's run time. I'll wait for the official release announcement before I judge.

That said, I can see Fox doing the exact same thing they did with Avatar here and it wouldn't surprise me if this version is bare bones. It certainly looks like it pales in comparison to Charles De Lauzirika usual dvd/blu-ray packages.

EDIT: The 3 disc version packaged up with the Alien Anthology looks more like it, especially with the 120 minutes worth of extras on a bonus disc.

Agreed. Although what Fox have to weigh up (if we assume there is an extended version in the vaults) is the market for a bare bones blu-ray release versus the market (and will) for a double-dip 6 months later with an extended cut. My gut feel is that an initial release of an extended cut will sell more than a bare bones and re-release combined (they'd really have to spend a lot on marketing a re-release IMHO). I think that if this version isn't extended, we won't see another version for years i.e. a re-release prior to Prometheus 2.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Jul 04, 2012, 10:35:56 AM
Apparently someone wasn't happy about it. ::)

Meh, humor is dead.

By the way, love your poem  ;D

episodenone

episodenone

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 04, 2012, 07:25:09 AM
Good Christ, I've never seen so much anger over a Bluray...

i know! seriously - you guys need to freakin relax!  this is a totally over-reaction like few i have ever seen in my entire life.

calm the f down.

just dvr it on hbo until the extended edition is released.  hate less -- live longer

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

*cough*predatorultimatehunteredition*cough*

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 04, 2012, 12:34:49 PM

Ha, touchè.

LarsVader

LarsVader

And I guess most of the sketches, artworks and bts pics will end up in the second screen app, which probably will only be online as long Fox wants it to be.
I don't have an I-pad, like most I guess.
Can't await that someone uploads the app and I can rip it apart.
The Tron app had literally hundreds of pieces of artwork in it.

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 04, 2012, 12:34:49 PM

It deserved every word of the hate.

Dat waxy Dillon... Eew...

NGR01

NGR01

Looks fully loaded Bonus wise.
Probably get an extended cut later but this is already very decent.

Quote from: LarsVader on Jul 04, 2012, 01:19:52 PM
And I guess most of the sketches, artworks and bts pics will end up in the second screen app, which probably will only be online as long Fox wants it to be.
I don't have an I-pad, like most I guess.
Can't await that someone uploads the app and I can rip it apart.
The Tron app had literally hundreds of pieces of artwork in it.

What this app thing never heard about it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed