10 years!

Started by Kel G 426, Oct 22, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Author
10 years! (Read 10,260 times)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I just realized how long this game has been around.  Does anyone know the exact date it was released?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Versus_Predator:_Extinction
July 30, 2003
Guess we missed that anniversary lol

predxeno

predxeno

Wow, that was released on my B-Day.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Extinction for the PS2 was the last video game I ever played.  Time flies.

R Lar

R Lar

I remember finding this game at the bargain bin at my local gamestop. I never got around to finishing it and let my cousin borrow it. I now have no idea where he is and I deeply miss and want to finish this game. Ugh..

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

I still have a X-Box copy of the game which I bought for my 360 years ago (since it was backward compatible). I did have a PS2 version which Fox gave to me way back at release but have no idea what happened to that. I don't even know why I got an ingame credit for Extinction since I didn't beta-test it (unlike AvP2 and Primal Hunt) and I provided no development input (like Predator: Concrete Jungle, which I didn't get a credit for).

Still, it probably would have fared much better on PC. Back when it was released, RTS games on consoles were still fledgling territory for the genre.

R Lar

R Lar

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jun 07, 2014, 01:27:57 AM
I still have a X-Box copy of the game which I bought for my 360 years ago (since it was backward compatible). I did have a PS2 version which Fox gave to me way back at release but have no idea what happened to that. I don't even know why I got an ingame credit for Extinction since I didn't beta-test it (unlike AvP2 and Primal Hunt) and I provided no development input (like Predator: Concrete Jungle, which I didn't get a credit for).

Still, it probably would have fared much better on PC. Back when it was released, RTS games on consoles were still fledgling territory for the genre.

Ah Sadogoat, I remember seeing some of the early pictures for the marines in AvP2 on avpnews and being worried that they wouldn't have helmets. I also constantly asked you if the marines would have their helmets in the game. LOL. Sorry about that... I was probably around 12 years old.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Fun game- I hope a good developer manages to make another one. Imagine the awesomeness of it?

The Runner

The Runner

Yeah I hope they make a bigger variety of aliens like Predalien Ravagers, Quaraped spawned Carriers, and Gro'yte spawned Queens!

That and more numbers! I want to swarm the planet in biomechanical horrors! >:p

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was a fun distraction way back then.  Was always disappointed there wasn't a PVP feature to it though. 

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I've always really wanted to see this concept fleshed out in a PC release.(Where RTS games were born and truly shine, imho.)

Stylistically i'd want it to go closer to a photo-real look, instead of the AvP2 inspired comic-booky look. PVP, and offline skirmish modes. Along with other game modes would be great. Things like "Infestation" "hunt" "capture the CP" and so on. Also, map editor of some sort.

Likely it'll never happen. It seems the era of experimentation has come and gone.  :(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The AvP2 look fit the concept imo. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think an RTS game would suit the AvP franchise quite nicely - I mean, Starcraft is essentially AvP right? I do agree that it should be PC based though.

I recently got my original Xbox out (my mrs wanted to play some games) in my room so I'm tempted to give AvPE another wack. I never finished it - was on the 6th level of them all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And now it's 15 years old. I haven't played this game in so long.

The Old One

The Old One

& By association PredXeno is 28.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed