Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 115,818 times)

Spoon

I thought he said he wants to tell the story of the first alien you see on that spacecraft on LB427?
The one with huge nose and had a alien pop out of him.
  All we know this is still alien universe.

dandan

dandan

Quote from: Spoon on Jan 24, 2011, 04:32:59 PM
I thought he said he wants to tell the story of the first alien you see on that spacecraft on LB427?
The one with huge nose and had a alien pop out of him.
yes thats a space jockey and your on about a prequel well we dont no if that will happen well specially not for a few years now promethous is not been made

Ash 937

Prometheus will not only take place in the Alien universe, it will also bridge the Alien universe with the universe from Blade Runner.  Ash was a replicant.

Sharp Sticks

Wow! You've got to let me take a ride in that DeLorean sometime, bro.

Alien and Blade Runner don't require bridging, they're close enough already.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 24, 2011, 08:44:18 PM
Prometheus will not only take place in the Alien universe, it will also bridge the Alien universe with the universe from Blade Runner.  Ash was a replicant.

Hmm, i dont know if the time lines add up but this is interesting.

nendo

Speculation thats been around from the beginning of this project. NO proof of that at all. Just ideas seeing as they are simular toned films

chupacabras acheronsis

... i would love the shit out of that.

in fact, i'm off to spread this fake gossip. it's going to be Trolltastic.

Ash 937

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 24, 2011, 10:12:08 PM

... i would love the shit out of that.

in fact, i'm off to spread this fake gossip. it's going to be Trolltastic.

Just make sure you cite me as one of your sources.  Gotta give credit where credit is due, dude. LOL

NikTh

If this means they were so creational and original that it didn't even fit within the Alien territory then that's probably a good sign! It's a shame we might not yet get an Alien prequal but we sure as hell are getting a hell of a good one just as easy right here!

azrael55

yeah right... since scott had always been a massive fan of dick's novel but instead of starting with making the blade runner movie he decided to make Alien first to introduce us to the replicants (which of course was never explained in the book nor the movie). only then he felt he could make the blade runner since we had become familiar with the replicants (although we didn't know!). amazing and only wishful thinking by some fanboys.

nendo

Quote from: azrael55 on Jan 24, 2011, 11:50:29 PM

yeah right... since scott had always been a massive fan of dick's novel but instead of starting with making the blade runner movie he decided to make Alien first to introduce us to the replicants (which of course was never explained in the book nor the movie). only then he felt he could make the blade runner since we had become familiar with the replicants (although we didn't know!). amazing and only wishful thinking by some fanboys.

is that what your thinking? or what you believe to be true? because the dates are abit of. it wasn't like blade runner or alien was Ridleys own original story. He original turned down Blade runner but was then later convinced due to slow dune production.

it wasn't like he was asked and then he decided to leave it on the shelf till he was ready to do it. He was asked to do the film. Other directors where in the eye sight for the role

Kimarhi

Yall need to check the sarcasm meter stat!

azrael55

Quote from: nendo on Jan 25, 2011, 12:16:16 AM

is that what your thinking? or what you believe to be true? because the dates are abit of. it wasn't like blade runner or alien was Ridleys own original story. He original turned down Blade runner but was then later convinced due to slow dune production.

it wasn't like he was asked and then he decided to leave it on the shelf till he was ready to do it. He was asked to do the film. Other directors where in the eye sight for the role

yeah, as someone already pointed out, i was being sarcastic...

nendo

Quote from: azrael55 on Jan 25, 2011, 06:19:38 AM
Quote from: nendo on Jan 25, 2011, 12:16:16 AM

yeah, as someone already pointed out, i was being sarcastic...

ahh right sorry. Its hard to sarcasm on the internet

Bishop2

Quote from: Spoon on Jan 24, 2011, 04:32:59 PM

No we don't. We know nothing like that. In fact we seem to know the exact opposite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed