The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,549 times)

Lotus

May I ask anyone any idea what type of gun Fugitive used in the movie?seems AR or SMG but i can't find out exactly. 

Corporal Hicks

I believe Kyle Strauts was using an M249.

Lotus

Lotus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

Thanks,not doubting though I'm not a military expert,but it doesn't look like M249?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Lotus on Oct 31, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

Thanks,not doubting though I'm not a military expert,but it doesn't look like M249?

I think Hicks is talking about the deleted scenes of the Emmissaries on the APC

Lotus

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 31, 2018, 05:27:18 PM
Quote from: Lotus on Oct 31, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

I think Hicks is talking about the deleted scenes of the Emmissaries on the APC

Yeah,make sense 

Corporal Hicks

Oh, my bad, I misread you saying Fugitive. Yeah, that's a SIG. I think it's a 553.

Lotus

No problem,Hick you are awesome appreciate it!

ace3g

Wysps

He really fills that doorway  :o

roc84

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2018, 04:10:20 PM
https://www.ibc.org/production/interview-harry-miller-editor/3411.article

I haven't read it yet.

This interview with one of the editors provides some insight into the studio using an utterly flawed test screening process to dictate the creative direction of the movie.

Working with the VFX and CGI made it "fun and interesting" for the entire team, Miller explains. However, audience testing often delivered different results from the decisions made by the creative talents responsible for cutting the feature film.

"Green screens and proxy actors for digital characters don't offer the audience an authentic experience about what the movie is doing and the nature of the studio system means you can get negative reactions which is frustrating," he adds.

Corporal Hicks

Some more concepts from Constantine Sekeris, including a Predator spacesuit!

QuoteHere r some early Predator Armor exploration Martin Whist Production Designer had me quickly explore for Shane Black and to help give more options to the Costume Designer ........one version is a sleeker cleaner spacesuit option and the other is referencing the original 80s design with modifications with out any accessories like his helmet,guantlets,shoulder gun,tubes,skulls,ect......had to do these pretty quickly so didnt have time to refine any details or pose them.....none of these made it into the film...but was allot of fun exploring different designs.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdgXDN

SiL

SiL

I like the redesigned netting -- that's something I'd like to see in future movies.

But the rest of that armour is just so generic. I know the guy was on a time limit but it looks straight out of every sci-fi soldier game in the last 20 years.

Axe

Axe

I don't know.
Predators are not certainly about being good looking or trendy, and so a space suit doesn't work in my mind.

Neither we've ever seen a predator wearing one. From my point of view it would not add anything good to him apart criticism. Does they even need it in a..what..5th film?
The focus must be his lust for blood, the restless hunting of his pray (and playing with her), his ruthelsness. Make predator scary again!
A bunch of guys trying to outjoke each other with some predator on steroids running around is not what people desires. Well..sorry for going OT but I had to say it, again. :)

BigDaddyJohn

A bit too Doom-esque for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed