10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 37,287 times)

salomonj

Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2017, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
I watched it. I liked it. Mostly.

Mostly? :D

Spoiler
I thought the neomorphs looked rather digital, and not entirely in a convincing way. But this could just be the footage I watched. It is no doubt incomplete footage. And cam-quality (though today's phone cameras are admittedly pretty powerful).
[close]

I can post a quick video (under 5 minutes long) and give my impressions, if people like.
Sure, I'd watch it.

John Doe

I saw the 10 minutes and they are mindblowing.

echobbase79

Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2017, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Apr 27, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
I watched it. I liked it. Mostly.

Mostly? :D

Spoiler
I thought the neomorphs looked rather digital, and not entirely in a convincing way. But this could just be the footage I watched. It is no doubt incomplete footage. And cam-quality (though today's phone cameras are admittedly pretty powerful).
[close]

I can post a quick video (under 5 minutes long) and give my impressions, if people like.

Yeah, I'd like to hear them. If you can avoid spoiling the buster scenes themselves that'd be cool.

Enoch

Speaking of neomorphs did you guy noticed

Spoiler
that that baby neomorph escaped the explosion?
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't see that, no. I thought
Spoiler
Faris' body rolled down the landing platform, though.
[close]

Who was it who got the mouthburster?

salomonj

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 09:40:39 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't see that, no. I thought
Spoiler
Faris' body rolled down the landing platform, though.
[close]

Spoiler
one of the gay guys I think
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
Hallett, I think.
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 09:40:39 PM

Spoiler
Baby neomorph 100% escaped, watch again! Just after first burst!!! Faris body rolled after the final explosion!  ;)    
[close]
Spoiler
Lope's boyfriend got the mouthburster I think...

Edit: Yes, Hallett!
[close]

Added spoiler tags. Hicks.

SpeedyMaxx

Oh, I thought it might be him. Poor guy.

How could you tell
Spoiler
it escaped? I thought it got caught up in the blast.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

You see it
Spoiler
run out the ramp and away.
[close]

cliffhanger

decided to watch it. indeed. that's gory. nasty.

i feel bad for carmen ejogo's treatment in the movie though. I'll admit she looks so absolutely gorgeous that i get a soft spot for her,
but i think her 'death' if you may, was a bit meh. yes, the creature was rather vicious in it's attack, but i don't understand why it didnt
prefer to flee from the scene first and foremost. it attacked ejogo, i liked it got a good boot to the wall though. But then it just clawed and bited,
but despite having a good amount of blood, i didnt take that as much convincing it was any way directly lethal.

also rather prometheus level stupidity to gun on it, and destroy the ship instead of running outside to be confronted by yet another, but hey, plot conveniant i guess.

throatburster scene was much better to be honest. the backburster was uncomfortable, but not as shocking as i expected. despite the actor doing a absolutely stellar job, man, that was some great acting it must be said, it didnt do much honestly.

the throatbursting looked a lot more gruesome and nasty. that was really uncomfortable to watch.
it thenk took off bambi-burster style, suprisingly, as its 'brother' immediately attacked its surroundings.

but i must say i had a feeling of definitive unease with the throatburster scene. cinematically well done.

SpeedyMaxx

Karine is a better person than I am to touch that dude. No chance. I did like how, after all the fussing over touching things and contamination,
Spoiler
Faris still leaves and locks them in despite already being 'contaminated' herself by the spray of blood from Ledward's back.
[close]
That's a human reaction. Though she does then
Spoiler
go for the guns and try to save Karine - too little too late.
[close]

I love Carmen Ejogo but I still can't tell if she is using her natural British accent in the movie or if it just comes out when she's screaming.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 27, 2017, 09:44:25 PM
also rather prometheus level stupidity to gun on it

She was injured and terrified, and the thing was jumping all over the place. She could not have outrun it. I think her leg might have been broken.

Infected

Ok well, that was intense!!

Religious fcks and hipsters, and there you are, being asshanded on an alien planet, this movie is gonna be awesome!!

Ingwar

Just saw it and ...

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T
! ! !

This 10 minutes clip is 10 times better than Prometheus itself.

echobbase79

So this is the aftermath of throat burster?

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed