Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 39,252 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I was being facetious. Interesting to see if he's referring to a film or just the prequel novel. It seems pretty confirmed that
Spoiler
Shaw will wind up being where the eggs come from.
[close]

Adorianu

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 17, 2017, 06:13:28 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 17, 2017, 06:06:16 PM
Another prequel: because they already don't know what to do with the ending they set up in Covenant.

They're already writing Covenant's sequel.

I heard that its already written though.

x-M-x

it's a crazy concept but if Scott directs all these (which i'm sure he will) he wants to retire after all these no doubt) dude is near 80.

So it all began like this

Prometheus

Alien: Covenant

Alien XXXX

Alien XXXX

Alien: XXXX (if this one gets made)

Alien (79)

Aliens:

Alien: 3

Alien: Resurrection

Yes?

So 9 films in the *Alien Franchise* lol?

Evanus

Quote from: D88M on Mar 17, 2017, 05:08:58 PM
the order is odd, i am sure chronologically Awakening will be after Covenant, also: "Adding more confusion to the pot, Scott seems to state that Alien: Covenant is the second in the prequel trilogy (with Prometheus being the start) and not the start of a brand new trilogy as is generally reported" we all know Covenant is the second part of a trilogy started with prometheus and is retarded if Fox decides to make it just a prologue
That's unlikely, in my opinion. Covenant seems to be a soft remake of Prometheus, so it would make more sense to start a new trilogy, starting with Covenant.

Xenomorphine

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM
I would imagine that the "Awakening" might refer to all those colonists currently in cryo aboard the Covenant that will be thawed and awakened once they reach their original, intended destination.
People waking in cryo happens in all of the movies, so it will likely have a 'double entendre' like Prometheus and Covenant.

GrimmVision

Either Scott is referring to the prequel novel as "Awakening", or he misspoke and had the titles out of order and Awakening is the working title for  Covenant's sequel. It would not make any sense that he would talk about Blomkamp's Alien film in reference to his own prequels. And then to have Waterston say Scott's revealing too much implies he's talking about a movie she'll be part of. Unless Blomkamp is now working with Scott on the prequels instead of his Alien 2.5.

There's just no way Scott is going to make a prequel to the sequel of a prequel. No way TCF approved that.

Bojo

He's relentless I give him that.

whiterabbit

I'm taking what he said as literal guys. Think of the title for Alien. How it emerges piece by piece. It's f**king genius.

Ben Brown

Quote from: ChaoticShadows on Mar 17, 2017, 07:20:33 PM
Either Scott is referring to the prequel novel as "Awakening", or he misspoke and had the titles out of order and Awakening is the working title for  Covenant's sequel. It would not make any sense that he would talk about Blomkamp's Alien film in reference to his own prequels. And then to have Waterston say Scott's revealing too much implies he's talking about a movie she'll be part of. Unless Blomkamp is now working with Scott on the prequels instead of his Alien 2.5.

There's just no way Scott is going to make a prequel to the sequel of a prequel. No way TCF approved that.
Yeah it's Waterson's reaction that actually makes me do a double take here–like, wow, this all might REALLY happen. It's funny to think that 20th Century Fox once seemed really keen–and who knows, maybe they still are–on making Covenant the "second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus"...and Scott's pretty much already planning his second trilogy lol this is nuts.

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott's 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Read more: http://www.alien-covenant.com/#ixzz4bcIBjpTh
Follow us: @Scifiedcom on Twitter | Scifiedcom on Facebook

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 17, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM
I would imagine that the "Awakening" might refer to all those colonists currently in cryo aboard the Covenant that will be thawed and awakened once they reach their original, intended destination.
People waking in cryo happens in all of the movies, so it will likely have a 'double entendre' like Prometheus and Covenant.

Spoiler
The Alien embryos that David (formerly Walter) stashed with the frozen human embryos would also be "awakened" on arrival, so the title could apply to the "awakening" of both species. More figuratively it could also mean that a formerly dormant, ancient species (the Alien) has now been resurrected.
[close]

salomonj

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 17, 2017, 03:35:34 PM
I think Awakening will be name of the prequel novel
I agree

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Fanboy Ben on Mar 17, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN

Scott was just one cog in the machine. It worked so well because it was a (highly talented) ensemble effort.

Ingwar

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 17, 2017, 10:20:09 PM
Quote from: Fanboy Ben on Mar 17, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN

Scott was just one cog in the machine. It worked so well because it was a (highly talented) ensemble effort.

Are you for real? He wasn't just a cog. He was essential part of the machine next to O'Bannonr/Shusett, Giller/Hill and Giger. He actually convinced studio to use Giger's work . Studio didn't like it but Scott insisted. He and O'Bannon perceived its potential.

Huggs

Alittle unsure how to feel about this. If Awakening is set before covenant, are we looking at another Alien movie without the Aliens again? Surely he has the timeline wrong. I don't see the studio making that mistake twice. Just my opinion, but there weren't enough questions in Alien to merit a host of prequels. Where the space jockey came from, why it crashed, and how WY knew about the xenomorph all could have been answered in Prometheus. I suppose I'm just the kind of person who likes a movie to stand on it's own 2 feet and not be a question-fest used to set up cash making sequels. I just wish the studio would focus more on moving the series forward rather than back. But if we have to go back, no offense to Cameron, I'd love to see Scott's take on the events immediately following Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed