Lance Henriksen for Alien Prequel?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 24, 2010, 09:07:37 PM

Author
Lance Henriksen for Alien Prequel? (Read 9,447 times)

Corporal Hicks

Amidst all the recent casting rumors going around, one has surfaced in regards to Lance Henriksen being involved in the film:

“The inclusion of Henriksen is an unexpected one. His character was  cleverly integrated into Alien 3, but how will writer Damon Lindelof  work him into a prequel apparently set 35 years before the events of  Alien? Will he take Alien Vs Predator’s version of franchise lore as  gospel, and have Charles Bishop Weyland the founder of Weyland  Industries? If so, the gap between AVP’s 2004 and Alien’s 2122 would  suggest that Weyland is long dead, and that Henriksen will play an early  iteration of his android twin, Bishop.”

The rumor was originally featured on an article on Now Playing but was promptly removed by Fox. The above quote is taken from a Den of Geek article which voices the issues and likely outcome of Henriksen being cast. The information provided would seem to indicate the Alien Harvest script that was leaked sometime ago may have been legit. Keep watching this space.

EDIT: On his Facebook page, Lance Henriksen, debunked the rumor he’d been approached about the prequel: “According  to Internet rumors, Ridley Scott has met with me and Noomi Rapace   about starring in an ALIEN prequel.  That’s news to me…. but I like  the idea of acting alongside The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Thanks to Xenomrph for the link.

AncientPred

AncientPred

I think Henriksen would of course be up for it. but i'm wondering exactly how he would fit into the story.

?

?

where can i find a script?

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Prototype Bishop Android?

TheShadowedOne1

TheShadowedOne1

;D OMG! Lance Henrikson? He's one of my favorite actors and they should sure as hell include him in the film.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

HenrikSEN, people! HenrikSEN!

Apart from that, I have nothing to offer.  ;D

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Ummm it's quite obvious.  As DJ said above, prototype Bishop android.  But obviously he'd have to be made to look 30 or so years younger to fit in with the Alien3 story.

But seriously, if anything from the avp films is considered canon, then I refuse to accept these prequels as canon.

DrGediman

DrGediman

Just make him an old android.  Maybe androids age due to bio-engineering.  Why else would they have wrinkles and look old?  Maybe they are more like the replicants in Blade Runner, though not exactly like them.

OneUglyMother

OneUglyMother

Clone?  Wouldn't it be neat if Charles Bishop Wayland always had a clone of himself ready to "wake up" when the previous died?  Michael Bishop, or Bishop II, could just be another one of these clones running the company.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Henriksen debunked the rumor on his Facebook page, he said that no one has spoken to him about the prequel.

ZombieYautja

ZombieYautja

Hm.  No "OMG AVP SO GAY D:<" comments yet?

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

They could take a page from the recent AVP game for a Weyland "successor" role! lol ::)

Honestly though, if they could cast Henriksen into the plot logically, where it wouldn't look like an obvious plug, I'm all for it. Lance is the freak'n man. However, I think doing that would be almost impossible. :-\

redalert51

redalert51

I think it is great I am such fan of Lance Henriksen , a very talented man

robbritton

robbritton

Seems fairly clearly based on the 'Harvest' script, albeit with added Bishop. I thought that draft had been debunked as a proven fake? If so it's quite possible that wires have been crossed, and Fox is simply stomping on the leaked script aspect, be it genuine or not? Would the legal dept. be privvy to all script details, or would they be more likely to err on the side of caution and stamp out any potential 'leaked script' story, genuine or not? i imagine the latter is the most likely scenario.

I'm also a fan of Lance Henriksen, but for me this is simply unworkable.  Pretty obvious what FOX are thinking here, we'll be getting Predator/Alien links next, something I think could have worked... if only they hadn't screwed AvP up in the first place....no no no no NNNOOOOOO!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed