Alien 5 fan art

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 21, 2015, 03:34:53 AM

Author
Alien 5 fan art (Read 2,110 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 23, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
How else are you going to fight the aliens other than by studying them?

Studying isn't the same as harnessing/controlling.

Also, there's the hurdle of acid melting anything you try to try to implant in their skulls. :)

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Gash on Mar 23, 2015, 12:26:32 AM
It's very good artwork, beautifully executed, but I do find it such an uninspired idea. Weaponising the alien is one of those  A L I E N  backstories that doesn't really need to be explored, because it can only ever undermine the mystery of them. We assume the company want them for the weapons division, we feel that such an idea is probably insanity - that's enough.
Although I think specifically using mind control on the Xenomorphs isn't that great of an idea, suggesting that we never have a film in which The Company finally does weaponise them for the sake of 'undermining the mystery of them' is what would keep the series making filler movies in which nothing really adds to the entire series. Are just going to watch a confined group of people in a spaceship/sci-fi setting get killed by Xenomorphs whilst Weyland-Yutani fails at doing it's job again? How long are going to want to watch the same thing? At least the weaponised Xenomorph would bring the franchise somewhere while tying it with the themes of the series and actually do something that was hinted at in previous movies.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That's always the gamble you have with creature features. But when a concept is too extreme - or impractical - you're running the risk of devaluing what made the series so great.

If you were given decent new 'Jaws' sequels, would it be better to be more creative with the survival situations or to have a story where the shark is being mind-controlled for no apparent reason? :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed