Should Sideshow Collectables make a 1:4 scale Queen Maquette?

Started by Meathead320, Jan 16, 2007, 08:30:59 PM

Author
Should Sideshow Collectables make a 1:4 scale Queen Maquette? (Read 4,148 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

I have the 1:4 scale Bust, and honestly as nice as it is, I think it would be even better as the full Marquette.

As long as they make it in the same style, using the same molds as the original 1:4 scale Queen study piece was for Aliens, then I think it would make an awesome piece to display.

I know the reason they went with the bust was because the small Queen is still almost 3 foot tall and takes up a lot of space.

I say; so what?

I have space for it in my house, and I would be willing to pay for one too.

If something like this does exist, then I would love to know where I could find one, and the price of such a thing.

ridetofight

i know maybe 10 years ago the same company that made the horribly crappy predator 1:1 reproduction made a 1:1 alien queen. if i remember correctly, it looked a lot better than the predator, stood 16 ft. tall and was around $30,000. you could only get one by special order. i think thats out of just about everyone's price range, but it was really really cool. i think the one you own is the next smallest one, and surely the best looking repro i've seen.

Meathead320

Quote from: ridetofight on Jan 21, 2007, 02:07:31 AM
i know maybe 10 years ago the same company that made the horribly crappy predator 1:1 reproduction made a 1:1 alien queen. if i remember correctly, it looked a lot better than the predator, stood 16 ft. tall and was around $30,000. you could only get one by special order. i think thats out of just about everyone's price range, but it was really really cool. i think the one you own is the next smallest one, and surely the best looking repro i've seen.

There are some rich dudes out there who still have them. They were made from the same molds as the actual Queen prop, just resin, or fiberglass instead of the soft stuff the actual body was made of in the film.

The 1:4 bust is beautiful to look at, truly shows how much of a work of art the original Queen is. I do like the bigger more monstrous Queen from AVP too, but I just have an attachment to the ORIGINAL.

What I just with the bust I got was a full Maquette.

The head arms chest, and waist legs and tail too. The bust was made using the same molds used to make the study piece Queen, and miniature for those shots as well in the movie, so of course she is 100% accurate.

The Signature Series Queen, (which I also have one of) is 1:6 scale, but still not quite 100% accurate.

If Sideshow ever does make a 1:4 scale Queen Maquette, I WILL GET ONE.

I would LOVE to have a 1:4 scale Queen, the whole thing, not just a bust, made from the study piece molds.

I am financially well off enough to do so, if any one knows where I can get one, besides asking Stan Winston himself, or John Rosengrant, But they are very busy men, so I doubt I can just do that.

Best bet would be for all of us to cal Sideshow, even if they are not planning on getting one themselves and just request that they make them along too. Tell them you don't want to get the bust because it is only ½ the Queen!

One day you may be wealthy enough to get one. I think they would make an awesome collectors piece.

Avpvet2006

30 g's is nothing to me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed