(RUMOR) Sydney Chandler to lead Alien series at FX

Started by Gimitko, Apr 28, 2023, 10:47:00 PM

Author
(RUMOR) Sydney Chandler to lead Alien series at FX (Read 9,472 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 02, 2023, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2023, 10:34:48 PMDamn, GFR made another correct call?

A stopped clock is right twice a day. They've shared our own scoops in the past, still doesn't do much to fix their credibility in my eyes.

When one note is off...

Kradan

... Alien Isolation comes out in 2016

Ingwar

Never seen her before but she looks great.

Preydator

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2023, 10:34:48 PMDamn, GFR made another correct call?

I remember in 2021 they wrote an article saying Henry Cavill and Bryan Cranston would be in a spy movie together. A month later, 'Argylle' was officially announced, with a crazy cast, including Henry Cavill and Bryan Cranston.  :P Still a mystery to me, how GFR can have 2 or 3 true, real and interesting scoop in a year alongside a hundred fake.

Anyway, it seems like a great choice! Happy to know that she's a fan of Ripley and Alien.

Simply_Kevin

It's so good to have actors who love the franchise involved, but it all comes down to the writting in the end and today marks the beginning of the Writers Guild Association strike. Idk how far along the production was in terms of the scripts. I hope it all gets sorted out soon and writers are fairly compensated for their work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The scripts were reportedly all written already, so I don't think we'll see much impact from the strike.

T Dog

I wonder what her role is. She looks like she'd make a good Corpo suit!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: T Dog on May 02, 2023, 03:55:56 PMI wonder what her role is. She looks like she'd make a good Corpo suit!

Wendy, it seems, since she's cited as being the lead.

Mike’s Monsters

Am I blind? I think the controversy with the Romulus casting age group is very silly, but Sydney Chandler is only 2 years older than Cailee Spaeny. I've seen very little comments about Sydney being too young so far... but a lot of the discourse for Romulus has been how the movie will fail because of the young cast.

Maybe I'm stretching here, and maybe there's a lot of shit talking that I haven't seen. Just something interesting I've noticed.

DaveT937

One thing - I'm not sure how or why Sigourney Weaver should be described as 'infamous'...

Gimitko

Gimitko

They were looking for a "Danai Gurira type" for this role, someone with comedy chops and martial art skills. Looks like the character of Wendy was reworked at some point, maybe because they were really impressed with Sydney.

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know much about the EU, but we're already somewhat familiar with the close combat abilities of the synthetics thanks to Covenant😅

Spoiler
Walter vs. David ;D
[close]

Ingwar

That was Android Funk-Fu Masters Shaolin Motherf**kers!

Mr. Clemens

She was excellent in 'Pistol.' This is very good news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed