Michael Biehn Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines [Updated]

Started by ikarop, May 07, 2013, 03:17:12 PM

Author
Michael Biehn Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines [Updated] (Read 16,362 times)

ikarop

ikarop

QuoteActor Michael Biehn has recently commented on Aliens: Colonial Marines in an audio interview with Xbox Live's Major Nelson about his involvement in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. The Aliens actor, who reprised his role of Corporal Dwayne Hicks for the poorly received Aliens videogame, explained:

"I did an Aliens game last year that nobody really talked about very much, I never really heard too much about it."

"I heard when it came out. Nobody ever came up to me afterwards and said 'Oh, that Aliens game was really good', or whatever."

When asked if he would like to work on more videogames, he replied:

"I don't want to spread myself out to other games that don't have the passion... You know, like the Aliens game."

You can listen to the full podcast here (35:12 – 1:02:46).

Additionally, Dark Star's John Carpenter, has also commented on the game for Game Informer:

"It's all about money. It's not that something is being mistreated, it's just another marketing issue. They are trying to get you to buy the game, which I stupidly did."

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/05/03/show-475-ted-price-on-fuse-and-michael-bien-far-cry-3-blood-dragon/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10415-John-Carpenter-stupidly-bought-Alien-Colonial-Marines

Update:

Quote"The only other gaming experience that I had was I did a voice [Corporal Hicks] in the Aliens game that they made [Aliens: Colonial Marines]," Biehn says. "That wasn't fun at all. I just didn't really have any fun."

"It seemed kind of passionless. I think in movies, television, and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/michael-biehn-working-on-colonial-marines-wasnt-fun-at-all/ (Thanks to Shadowpred for the link)

Blacklabel

OUCH.

Now, even the actors are against the game. :laugh:

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

I wonder what Lance has to say about the game.

bobby brown

Quote from: Berserker Pred on May 07, 2013, 03:55:05 PM

He's not a gamer, so he probably had a good time.

Bio Mech Hunter

"I don't want to spread myself out to other games that don't have the passion... You know, like the Aliens game."

Oh, shit... BURN!! :o

Sexy Poot

This is great. At least he recognizes the games shittyness. Lance only cares about having a good time so I doubt he cares as much. Hes awesome like that.

PRJ_since1990

Well, I can't blame him. I wonder if he realized when he was working on it that it was bad.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 07, 2013, 06:40:38 PM
Well, I can't blame him. I wonder if he realized when he was working on it that it was bad.
I imagine so. It's hard to stand knee deep in shit, and not know it. lol

A:CM is shit. Michael Biehn is THE shit. ;)

szkoki

szkoki

ummm micheal u havent realized that even your character's story was shit when u said his lines??

Cal427eb

Quote from: bobby brown on May 07, 2013, 04:34:02 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on May 07, 2013, 03:55:05 PM

He's not a gamer, so he probably had a good time.
Michael Biehn isn't a gamer either.

Sexy Poot

Yeah they just do what they do. But I feel Lance has a less serious take on life hence the whole "I never turn down a role" mentality.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: szkoki on May 07, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
ummm micheal u havent realized that even your character's story was shit when u said his lines??
He probably did but a paycheck is a paycheck.

ShadowPred

Quote"I don't want to spread myself out to other games that don't have the passion... You know, like the Aliens game."

f**king OATH!

Ash 937

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on May 08, 2013, 02:55:01 AM
Quote from: szkoki on May 07, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
He probably did but a paycheck is a paycheck.

Or he could've just been sold on the original concept art, the former Battlestar Galactica writers, and the general enthusiasm for the project from GBX...just like the fans.  I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the contract when A:CM was being proposed to everyone as an entirely different game than the one that eventually came out.

SpaceMarines

I still lament the loss of the interstellar trekking adventure the earliest news promised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed