Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll

Started by ikarop, Aug 08, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll (Read 46,434 times)

Vrastal

It would be nice if they showed some ps3 footage

Quarax

Quarax

That's what I thought the Anesidora's significance was.

Jango1201

So no one else caught that bit at the end of the demo footage about the Marlowe and the flight recorded? Massive spoiler I think...

SM

Wouldn't have thought so.

Captain Conrad Reference of the starship Prometheus Reference found the USCSS OG Conrad Reference's flight recorder, also landed on LV-426 and brought an Alien aboard.

PsyKore

Quote from: Seegson on Aug 13, 2014, 09:45:23 PM
The Android do something with his left arm in the PS4 clip when Amanda awakes him...something that miss the PC one. Also when he "stops" waiting for Amanda (saying somethin like "come on") his next move is smooth, in the PC version there is a jump in the animation. Its pretty obvious.

You're right on that. Strange, I wonder what's up.

gabgrave

Seems like differences in animation scripting. Probably because the console and PC are at different stages of completion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 13, 2014, 06:44:22 PM
Watching that CGI trailer, you know what it makes me want? A fully CGI cartoon series or animated movie based on Aliens.

I've wanted one since the Extinction intro. With the quality of CGI cut-scenes in games now-a-days (looking at you, Halo Wars!!!) I'm surprised we haven't had more CGI films.

SM

If you look at the budgets of the last few Pixar movies ($170m+), it'd probably be cheaper to take half that kind of budget and do it live action.

Corporal Hicks

SM

Seems to be a few bodies like that.  Some you could argue were victims of tail transfixings - but not that one with all the blood on the overhead.

PsyKore

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2014, 08:44:21 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/games/aisolation/screenshots/aiscreenshot062.jpg

I see a chest-burster victim...multiple Aliens?

I've been noticing this and I'm thinking the station is in the beginning stages of an infestation, ala Hadley's Hope. I'm curious if it would serve as a backdrop for the story to create a sort of "race against the clock" scenario.

Xenoscream

Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 08:49:31 AM
Seems to be a few bodies like that.  Some you could argue were victims of tail transfixings - but not that one with all the blood on the overhead.

Yep with all the blood splattered upwards and outwards I find it hard to imagine what else it could have been, the only thing which goes against this is that CA have said again and again it's all about being stalked by ONE Alien. Then again perhaps they just don't want to give the game away.

Vepariga

Awesome footage, that trailer was mad too. cant wait! looks like we have a winner! finally

Jango1201

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 14, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 08:49:31 AM

Yep with all the blood splattered upwards and outwards I find it hard to imagine what else it could have been, the only thing which goes against this is that CA have said again and again it's all about being stalked by ONE Alien. Then again perhaps they just don't want to give the game away.

I remember sometime last year when details were slowly emerging about this game that it would be one alien for most of the game. Later as you progressed, however, more would show up. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed