New Prometheus Deleted Scene Still

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 26, 2012, 06:40:01 PM

Author
New Prometheus Deleted Scene Still (Read 17,771 times)

Promethée

He certainly looks odd...

I like way better the other elder.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Seriously, everything that was taken out of this film should be put back in because Prometheus needs all of the help it can get.  I know that the art of making a well-paced film has much to do with editing but there just seems to be too much here that was taken out that would make the film better.  Again, what was Ridley thinking?!?

Alien3 was improved greatly when nearly everything that was deleted from the Work Print was subesquently re-insterted for the Special Edition.  Sure, the film still wasn't a masterpiece but it was better.  And sure, Fincher still hates it but that has more to do with the process of the whole thing that has left a bad taste in his mouth.  Ridley can re-insert everything and blame the theatrical version on FOX wanting a shorter film so they could rotate it more in theaters and make more money.  That is something most of the fans would believe even though it might not be necessarily true this time.

Just like Blade Runner, this is exactly what I would tell fans if I was Ridley and wanted to release a Director's Cut within five years from now.

Space Sweeper

Those are still Engineers. Wouldn't make any sense vice-versa, especially considering the planet isn't even necessarily Earth.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 27, 2012, 05:17:23 PM
Seriously, everything that was taken out of this film should be put back in because Prometheus needs all of the help it can get.  I know that the art of making a well-paced film has much to do with editing but there just seems to be too much here that was taken out that would make the film better.  Again, what was Ridley thinking?!?

It certainly doesn't need this scene. Good choice to drop it, I'm even dreading its appearance as an extra. Prometheus doesn't need much to elevate it, it just needs to feel less like a short-hand version of itself from the two thirds through mark.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed