Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 41,694 times)

PRJ_since1990

Petitions have seen success in the past and currently as well. Change.org has sent me many email updates on petitions that were successful in completing their missions. Granted, that is more on the social justice side of things (where voices really make a difference) but there's no reason if this gets 50,000 signiatures that FOX won't consider it a popular idea. Look at the hype that happened when Blomkamp released his concept art. It faded after news of Covenant-related stuff because that was actually being made, and all focus is on that project (love or hate it). 

oberonqa

oberonqa

Petitions can and do work.  I ran a petition called Save TSL Movement to reverse a C&D filed by Activision against a PC fan game based on King's Quest.  Everyone said it wouldn't work.... but it garnered over 10k signatures.  We also did a letter campaign where we would send letters to Activision and once a week, we printed out every petition signature and mailed it Certified/Return Receipt to Activision HQ as well as a Facebook group and a demographics survey. 

After about two months and a LOT of PR from assorted websites, we managed to get Activision to sit down with the fan group and they were able to hammer out an agreement to finish The Silver Lining.

So long story short... petitions do have the ability to work, if they are taken seriously and enough publicity is generated to keep the petition in the eyes of the public for as long as possible.  This petition has already generated just under 1000 signatures in a few hours.  If the petition writer can keep the pressure on, it has the potential to make some waves.

echobbase79

Letters are really strong too. Heart felt letters that go beyond "please make this movie." I'm thinking of writing one.

Perfect-Organism

Well, I signed the petition.  Moreover, I have just converted the Facebook page "Aliens Continuity Change" over to a page which is now focused on saving Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 project.  Please join below and let your voice be heard...

https://www.facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change/

SiL

Is there a petition to stop the project?

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Jan 30, 2017, 02:40:30 AM

No, unless you want to start one.

Pvt. Himmel

I thought when he made announcement that Fox seemed ok with it, and that they were going to wait till after Covvie comes out??

Unless they liked what they seen with A:C that they've decided to stick with the rest of his trilogy??

Corporal Hicks

Originally he was going to do Covenant first and then they'd work on Alien 3.2. Ridley wanted to take a more hands-on role with executive producing roles on 3.2 and he couldn't do that while working on Covenant and Blade Runner at the same time. I still think there was also a concern about market saturation and seeing how well Covvie performed too.

I think the delay has just meant that timing is now going to get in the way. Blomkamp obviously wasn't going to just sit around and wait and is now working on a new project and Weaver has her Avatar commitments.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2017, 11:41:59 AM
Originally he was going to do Covenant first and then they'd work on Alien 3.2. Ridley wanted to take a more hands-on role with executive producing roles on 3.2 and he couldn't do that while working on Covenant and Blade Runner at the same time. I still think there was also a concern about market saturation and seeing how well Covvie performed too.

I think the delay has just meant that timing is now going to get in the way. Blomkamp obviously wasn't going to just sit around and wait and is now working on a new project and Weaver has her Avatar commitments.

Yeah figured as much. It will take awhile before she's done with Avatar so if Covvie is a hit then let him finish up his story.

D. Compton Ambrose

I think a TV Series based around Hicks and Newt and loosely around the Aliens novels by Steve and S.D. Perry would be ideal. I'm sure that, even if this project fell through, Biehn and Sigourney would be all about doing one in the future - of course, due to her age, Ripley would only play a cameo role in the series. But, a Series with Hicks and Newt as the male and female leads respectively with a dark/horror bent to it that preserved the mystery and Lovecraftian beastliness of the Alien would be most ideal.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jan 30, 2017, 01:06:22 PM
I think a TV Series based around Hicks and Newt and loosely around the Aliens novels by Steve and S.D. Perry would be ideal. I'm sure that, even if this project fell through, Biehn and Sigourney would be all about doing one in the future - of course, due to her age, Ripley would only play a cameo role in the series. But, a Series with Hicks and Newt as the male and female leads respectively with a dark/horror bent to it that preserved the mystery and Lovecraftian beastliness of the Alien would be most ideal.

That would work.  A loose adaptation of the major themes in Verheiden's graphic novels would be ideal...

Kurai

A TV show based on Aliens would have to be high budget to work, even then it could still come off unintentionally cheesy. That... And we all know some studio exec will just go "Well... Having Aliens on screen costs a lot... How about we make them telepathically posess humans instead, or shapeshift into people and only revert back on season finales?" It always goes that way... :'(

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Kurai on Jan 31, 2017, 12:15:09 AM
... we all know some studio exec will just go "Well... Having Aliens on screen costs a lot... How about we make them telepathically posess humans instead, or shapeshift into people and only revert back on season finales?"
Sign me up.

Necronomicon II

windebieste

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 31, 2017, 05:05:56 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 30, 2017, 02:40:30 AM
:D ;D
Now, where's that Goddammed 'LIKE!' Button?

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed