Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 05:38:04 AM

Author
Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way (Read 59,318 times)

BishopShouldGo

It's worth a shot. Plus it's a cool thing to have anyway.

Perfect-Organism

BishopShouldGo

Yes. I love streaming. But I also love having physical copies of things. I'd love for there to someday be a Haunting of Hill House boxset for example, loaded with special features.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteScreen Media and Legion M have acquired North American rights to Alexandre O. Philippe's documentary feature Memory: The Origins of Alien, an exploration of the classic sci-fi film Alien. The companies release the film in theaters this summer, timed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Alien's theatrical release.

The deal marks the first since the partnership between Legion M and CSS Entertainment, which owns film distributor Screen Media, was announced last December.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/memory-the-origins-of-alien-screen-media-legion-m-north-american-rights-1202602454/

Corporal Hicks

I'm so glad we're getting a home release! I also wont complain about seeing it in the cinema in the UK if that comes to be!

Hyperdyne120-a2

This is GREAT news! This has been probably the most curious item recently, and I wasn't able to see it. Thankfully kept myself in the dark about it in case it got a home release. Phew!

FenGiddel

I was corresponding with wmmvrrvrrmm the other day about the "memory trap" elements of Cifford Simak's "Junkyard" story, of which Dan O'Bannon some interest and may have crept into the story. Here's the Archive.org link, in case anyone's interested in reading it.

click

LtJesseRipley

Fatboy40

So almost all of the world, excluding Canada and the USA (North America), still won't be able to see it?

cloverfan98

This looks awesome any idea when its being released on home video?

Voodoo Magic

I would imagine it's just going to screen in major cities. New York. Philadelphia. Chicago. Los Angeles. Etc.

For most in the U.S. that still may be too far off.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fatboy40 on Apr 30, 2019, 10:13:27 AM
So almost all of the world, excluding Canada and the USA (North America), still won't be able to see it?

We know they've also got a UK distributor. Not sure about others, though.

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Apr 30, 2019, 07:25:02 PM
This looks awesome any idea when its being released on home video?

Unknown but Legion M did confirm it was getting a home release.

Mr. Clemens

Toronto peeps, it turns out this film has screened twice at Hot Docs recently and has one more showing this Saturday afternoon:

https://boxoffice.hotdocs.ca/websales/pages/info.aspx?evtinfo=90014~6052eab3-8904-4c72-8914-433e6b8b62f1&

See you there!  ;D

The Old One

Home release, physical or digital I wonder.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2019, 07:59:57 PM
I would imagine it's just going to screen in major cities. New York. Philadelphia. Chicago. Los Angeles. Etc.

For most in the U.S. that still may be too far off.

Way too far off for me  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed