Possible "Aliens" cut scene?

Started by Keyes, Feb 18, 2007, 01:42:07 PM

Author
Possible "Aliens" cut scene? (Read 5,083 times)

Keyes

Keyes

I remember many years ago (15?!) when I saw Aliens for the first time on TV (ITV here in the UK) that there was a scene that I've never since seen again. When Ripley is in the meeting with the Company talking about the alien, I distinctly remember that there was a picture/drawing of the alien on the table that is given a closeup, as someone moves it into view as it's being discussed. Has anyone heard of this before? As I was young at the time, it's entirely possible I've got this wrong, but it's always stayed with me and on subsequent viewings after that, was surprised was never shown again. I've heard somewhere else about another scene only being shown during it's theatrical run, so it maybe possible something cropped up on this TV broadcast. Any thoughts?

yautja99

yautja99

I will take a look and zoom it on my DVD player

SM

SM

As per my response on AXP - nope.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There are sometimes odd versions of films seen on television, which have pieces of footage never seen anywhere else. I've seen things on 'never before released' editions which have definitely been on things I've recorded on television, even when some of the language is censored and so on!

A friend of mine, who has children, had a copy of 'Bedknobs And Broomsticks' she watched with them for years, originally broadcast on the television. There was later some sort of version released with scenes which had supposedly never been viewed by the general public before, but they were all on her copy which she had made years before that time.

There was actually a version of 'Alien' which was on television and where there was a shot of the lights on the Nostromo turning on when they were on the surface. On the video I got a few weeks later and saw fo rhte first time, it just went to the lights already being on.

It's unusual, but can certainly take place, from time to time.

SM

SM

Though not in this case.

But what you say is sometimes true - the broadcast version of the Aliens SE corrected the continuity error on the dropship where in the theatrical version Ripley pulls a flame thrower off the wall then puts down a pulse rifle and vice versa.  Inexplicably the mistake was put back for the DVD.

QuoteThere was actually a version of 'Alien' which was on television and where there was a shot of the lights on the Nostromo turning on when they were on the surface.

I've never seen a version of Alien that doesn't have Dallas saying "Kick on the floods" and cuts to an exterior shot of the Nostromo's flood lights coming on.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

This not about ALIENS but about AVP, I remember seeing the film in the cinema and the scene were Graeme Miller is trapped and captured by the alien, I remember him seeing the alien and then running around the maze for a number of seconds, he then climbs up and looks down a passage (whilst still in the maze) he looks and see another alien (might be the same alien?)the alien then runs at him and grabs him just after Graeme says 'Oh God'.
but in the dvd version he sees the 1st alien and then he says 'Oh God' and then the alien grabs him from another floor of the maze, i noticed this when I 1st bought the dvd, I thought 'weres the part when he runs around abit first just before getting cought'  ???

SM

SM

That may come from the fact that they shot what you talked about with Miller running around but ended up cutting it.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2007, 04:41:49 AM
That may come from the fact that they shot what you talked about with Miller running around but ended up cutting it.
But I saw it in the cinemas, so we did they cut it from the dvd?

SM

SM

No idea.

I just remember Anderson saying on the commentary that there was a longer gap between Verheiden getting nailed and Miller getting nailed where Miller was crawling around the labyrinth.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I remember him saying that and I though 'But I saw it in the cinemas' who knows, theres probably many things like this to happen to other people like DazAvP01, he talks about that alien pic in ALIENS movie.

SM

SM

I daresay the vast majority of these things are simply ones mind playing tricks.

Many people have claimed to have seen the Biggs/ Anchorhead scenes in Star Wars in cinemas despite LFLs frequent statements that it's never been in any version of the film. 

I coulda swore there was a scene of Darth Vader's mask supered over a starfield when I saw it 1977.  Turns out I was confusing the back cover of the soundtrack LP for a an actual scene in the film.

People have claimed to have see the Burke coccoon scene too - but that didn't happen either.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2007, 05:13:52 AM
Many people have claimed to have seen the Biggs/ Anchorhead scenes in Star Wars in cinemas despite LFLs frequent statements that it's never been in any version of the film. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBnOy-ukAI

Here's your lost Toshi Station scene.

SM

SM

Yeah it was on a Behind The Magic CD-Rom 10 years ago or something.  Though, as I said, it's never been in any version of the film.

Hankerson

Hankerson

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2007, 03:03:28 AM
There was actually a version of 'Alien' which was on television and where there was a shot of the lights on the Nostromo turning on when they were on the surface. On the video I got a few weeks later and saw fo rhte first time, it just went to the lights already being on.
I've never seen it without the lights coming on. Actually seeing thing like lights coming on is part of the subtle realism of the first film.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, all I can say is that the light scene was never in the VHS copy I saw. :) I deliberately trawled through it, back then, because I felt sure the one on television had cut many pieces out (had been very intrigued at the egg cocooning). The only difference was that almost insignificant piece, where the lights came on instead of just already being on and that was on television. It was taken out of the video edition of the film.

It was later that I realised the novel had a whole host of things which were never filmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed