Any way to import avp2 .abc models into a 3D modeling program?

Started by xTankbeast, Mar 14, 2016, 08:40:20 PM

Author
Any way to import avp2 .abc models into a 3D modeling program? (Read 15,524 times)

xTankbeast

Also, in case anyone is interested, here's a 3D render of a pulse rifle model I made: http://imgur.com/wRdIFcH

As you can probably tell, it's not textured, but what do you guys think about it?

Lucifero

Lucifero

on garry's mod you can import all but are only 3D objects making them work would be a challenge expecially talking of weapons.

I speak not only of human weapons

Olde

I don't know if those are static props or what. IFFY made that and a lot of other Aliens™ related mods for GMod.

xTankbeast

Quote from: Lucifero on May 29, 2016, 06:36:34 PM
on garry's mod you can import all but are only 3D objects making them work would be a challenge expecially talking of weapons.

I speak not only of human weapons

Couldn't you just take the AVP2 arm viewmodels and rig them again with hl2 bones? Wouldn't you need to do that anyways? I mean I have some experience with replacing weapon models in hl2 with ones I've made myself. Only problem I see arising with that method is that you'd have to completely remake the animations and they probably wouldn't come out 100% the same.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: xTankbeast on May 29, 2016, 10:47:52 PM
Couldn't you just take the AVP2 arm viewmodels and rig them again with hl2 bones? Wouldn't you need to do that anyways? I mean I have some experience with replacing weapon models in hl2 with ones I've made myself. Only problem I see arising with that method is that you'd have to completely remake the animations and they probably wouldn't come out 100% the same.
exactly! you've hit the point would not be the same game.

if you have g mod give a look to this files
https://garrysmods.org/download/13837/alien-and-predator-player-mode

It would be a remake or something that I want to look like but in a modern graphics engine

a simple equation
avp2 : hl1 = x :hl2

I will not only let people to play a new AVP game,
I also want to stimulate the melancholy of an old game.

not necessarily must be garry's mod, but keep in mind that the hl2 code is free and anyone can create a new mod and deliver it safely and legally even on Steam.
it would take a middle ground
a good example did from some fun staff is Team Fotress Forever
http://www.fortress-forever.com/
free and avanable on steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253530/

as it sounds Alien vs Predator Forever?  ;D

Quote from: Olde on May 29, 2016, 10:38:31 PM
I don't know if those are static props or what. IFFY made that and a lot of other Aliens™ related mods for GMod.
yes olde talking of marine and corp weapons are only static props in this screenshot ,
weapons that most resembles the rate of fire are not those of HL1 but resemble more to those of the old cs 1.6 & some of team fotress classic (as the shape and size).

avp or ph source rest a pipe dream for now.
but it would be nice if a group of  fans it did from scratch.
if I had the skills I would build, but I am not worthy.
4 elements or four teams differ in their, require a great level of alchemy

I can only show you the threshold , stand up to you if you decide to cross or not cross it....

xTankbeast

So I got a little bored and decided to port the avp2 pistol to Half-Life 2

It's not without it's problems though, being from a completely different engine and all.

Lucifero

Lucifero

is a strange experiment, and I like it.

the AVP2 weapons are smaller than the default weapons hl2.
should be readjusted from scratch.
try to copy only the gun without using the arm and hand.
the grip that more befits this gun is not hl2 default pistol
the thing that looks like him (though double) are the dual elite css  terrorists,

Remember that this gun becomes double in primal hunt

I allude to the position of the bones when you have a weapon in his hand
and the rest position when selecting the knife.

Canon_Barbarian

Hey, xTankbeast

Animations are also ported?

xTankbeast

Quote from: TheCanonMaster on Jun 02, 2016, 09:57:01 AM
Hey, xTankbeast

No, milkshape screws up the rigging too much. I just got the arm and pistol models and re rigged them with the hl2 arm bones. Because of this (and the fact that hl2 seemingly has more animations for its pistol) I had to make my own animations for it, although I did attempt to mimic the avp2 animations. Maybe I'll post a video showing off my animations later.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: xTankbeast on Jun 02, 2016, 02:28:32 PM
Hey, xTankbeast

No, milkshape screws up the rigging too much. I just got the arm and pistol models and re rigged them with the hl2 arm bones. Because of this (and the fact that hl2 seemingly has more animations for its pistol) I had to make my own animations for it, although I did attempt to mimic the avp2 animations. Maybe I'll post a video showing off my animations later.

i made a little video
pls look :D very short only 2 minutes

ok no animation but I was bored and I began to draw XD
more than anything else is the idea and the question:

how to import animation?

xTankbeast

So I finally got around to making that video. It includes both gameplay footage and comparison shots between my animations and the original ones from avp2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jdYoTBZt4&feature=youtu.be

Lucifero

Lucifero

nice video tank ,pls host this files! I want to try it   :laugh:
Take a look at this map for hl2
http://gamebanana.com/maps/161569
you could use for the next comparison video
tank can you make a little tutorial for explain how to import?
i want make the same work for css :D

x-M-x

It's interesting to see such models in HL2 and so on.

But im sure they have massive limits!

@ Tankbeast,

Any other strange ideas?  make more videos dude i'll be curious to see lol

KingKenny

Quote from: xTankbeast on Jun 02, 2016, 02:28:32 PM
Hey, xTankbeast

You used milkshape 3d? Mind putting together a small tutorial? I've used it to import models into AvP2 with various results. Usually they came out terrible. I always had problems with losing all animations, skeleton/bone problems, etc.

I've always had trouble with that program. Some things worked for me, some didn't.

Oh and nice job with the pistol.

Lucifero

Lucifero

guys i have a question
on AVP2  you can change the type of bullets with the secondary fire button.
less powerful but more accurate over long distances
or less accurate but more devastating in  proximity
be possible to modify the *.lua files to do the same thing on hl2 /css?

a sort of invisible suppressor for the avp2 pistol

we're always talking about a future weapon supplied to the space marines no?
but also of a piece of video game history

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed