New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images]

Started by Darkoo, Apr 11, 2012, 07:16:55 AM

Author
New Exclusive Images [Updated with new images] (Read 65,916 times)

And stuff

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 07, 2012, 04:52:28 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:50:14 PM
So people want to see exactly what they saw in Alien. Gotcha ;)
Yep, it doesn't make real sense for it to look different, i know its a different ship but its the same model so to speak, what reason would the space jockeys have of changing the look of each ship?.

The real world doesn't always accommodate canon

Mastes1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:56:14 PM
That gets back to my earlier theory that ultimately, people want to see Alien all over again. Can we not let Ridley make his own creative choices without chaining him to what he did before?
Even if it doesn't really make sense?, nothing wrong with making the film he wants to make but stuff like set design etc should follow what has come before if they are involving something that has been in the previous films.

Glaive

Give me A SINGLE SHOT of these folks eatin' cornbread...Only THEN will I KNOW it's legit.

zoidy

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 07, 2012, 05:05:48 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:56:14 PM
That gets back to my earlier theory that ultimately, people want to see Alien all over again. Can we not let Ridley make his own creative choices without chaining him to what he did before?
Even if it doesn't really make sense?, nothing wrong with making the film he wants to make but stuff like set design etc should follow what has come before if they are involving something that has been in the previous films.
Except you wont even notice the (marginally) different textures on the walls when you watch the movie. No one was complaining based on the images of the whole jockey room previously, even though they are vastly different in shape and texture, the lack of the 4 cryotubes (we assume) in the original Alien, and all the other details that are different.

This isn't Alien, and it isn't the same ship. Why should it be the same?

Look at the derelict designs this way - the new ship is to original in Alien, as a ford cortina is to a ford capri. Same designer, different model.  :)

DendaReloaded

not post or post?? the story??

ThisBethesdaSea

Exactly zoidy!

No one is crying about the cryo tubes being present. If we're gonna talk about this reasonably then reason says that different ships will look different despite similar architecture. That's like some alien species discovering earth, walking into a home with wood floors, and then another home with slate floors and one of them says "why doesn't this house look exactly like the last one? From outside they seemed very similar?"

It's a non-sequitur argument.

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:50:14 PM
So people want to see exactly what they saw in Alien. Gotcha ;)
They want to see Giger's work wholly intact. I don't want to see Gutalin or Arthur Max's interpretation, personally. There's also some behind-the-scenes shenanigans that taint my opinion of it.

Quote from: mastermoon on May 07, 2012, 04:52:06 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 04:09:22 PM
Wow you guys act like pissy school kids..:) ;)

You gotta good point a lot of cry babies :laugh:.
There's no point made. Please be respectful of other members' opinions; especially when they differ from your own.

QuoteNo one is crying about the cryo tubes being present
We know it's a different ship. The cryotubes, if that's what they are, are likewise inspired by a Giger painting (the sarcophagus from The Tourist). People are concerned about the ship's aesthetics, and they're allowed to be, without being called pissy kids. It has more to do with production issues than the lack of an in-universe explanation.

ThisBethesdaSea

Without Giger, the Alien universe would not exist. Period. Without Giger, the derelict class ship would not look the way it looks in Prometheus. Giger's aesthetic is infused all over. I'm sorry if I don't have sympathy. We have a complete series of films based off Gigers alien, so not seeing perfectly realized Giger authentic sets don't concern me. He's there....he's obvious.

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 05:32:20 PM
Without Giger, the Alien universe would not exist. Period. Without Giger, the derelict class ship would not look the way it looks in Prometheus. Giger's aesthetic is infused all over. I'm sorry if I don't have sympathy. We have a complete series of films based off Gigers alien, so not seeing perfectly realized Giger authentic sets don't concern me. He's there....he's obvious.
I didn't say they were successful in removing Giger from the aesthetic; how could they? The concern arises when you get officially sanctioned articles crediting Max with creating the derelict and temple, it's ridiculous. Besides, nobody asked you to sympathise, simple as that. But please refrain from insulting other members - I don't ask much.

Mastes1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 05:23:13 PM
Exactly zoidy!

No one is crying about the cryo tubes being present. If we're gonna talk about this reasonably then reason says that different ships will look different despite similar architecture. That's like some alien species discovering earth, walking into a home with wood floors, and then another home with slate floors and one of them says "why doesn't this house look exactly like the last one? From outside they seemed very similar?"

It's a non-sequitur argument.
Not really, same model planes have the same interior, same model cars, same model buses etc. I get the sense that some people agree with some of the problems with the film but won't admit it and instead attack others and make out they are dumb for caring, well sorry but i do care.

ThisBethesdaSea

I used emoticons when I wrote those earlier comments to specify tone. ;) oh well. Come on June 8th!!!

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 07, 2012, 05:38:12 PM
I used emoticons when I wrote those earlier comments to specify tone. ;) oh well. Come on June 8th!!!
I only say because things easily get heated. And I agree, except roll on June 1st  ;)

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

Spoiler
[close]

gonna spoil yoĆ¼ hard, this is the most harmless one i picked (have 3 more)
lol jk

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They seemingly twisted over the original idea for the Space Jockey and gave it a completely new identity and they seemingly want to go ass-backwards regarding series themes.
At that point, changing the looks of a wall is something relatively minor. I agree, I would have preferred a more Giger aesthetic by a long shot -- but if they changed what they changed, what can you expect?

metalos

Weyland Storm Rifle

Very good, M41A with cool attachment.

https://www.weylandindustries.com/security

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed